• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  963
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/10/1963

Ok well my ex and I have been separated for 6 years. In those years I have tried to keep a civil and respectable friendship going (I have two children to him).

Just recently, his mum, who has been ill for some time, passed away. I supported my ex as much as I could through it and afterwards for several weeks.

Now he is snubbing me. He tells me one thing and then goes off and does something else. He'll arrange with me to have the children for the weekend, and then I find out that he wasn't with them very much at all.

I'm soo worked up. I could throw something at him!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Ex husbands can be the biggest pain in the backside there is. Fortunately my ex and I didn't have any kids, but we were best friends after the divorce, moreso than in the marriage. He went thru some extremely rough times and I was always there for him, prayed really hard for him (and let him know it, even prayed for his girlfriend), we helped each other financially, and we were very close. We even talked about going into business together. But that was all before the girlfriend, who he had been broken up with, crooked her finger and he went running, others and consequences be damned. This was the same woman He had left me for, and I hadn't even known it at first. The same girl with very questionable character and morals.

Don't think that didn't tear my heart right out. He married her, and we had some phone contact for a while, but that didn't last long. I haven't seen or talked to him in several years but I have a hunch he's finding that this wasn't all it was cracked up to be, and I suspect he's miserable. He went to the bottom of the barrel after being a pillar of honesty and intergety, truthfullness and faithfulness.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Ex husbands can be the biggest pain in the backside there is. Fortunately my ex and I didn't have any kids, but we were best friends after the divorce, moreso than in the marriage. He went thru some extremely rough times and I was always there for him, prayed really hard for him (and let him know it, even prayed for his girlfriend), we helped each other financially, and we were very close. We even talked about going into business together. But that was all before the girlfriend, who he had been broken up with, crooked her finger and he went running, others and consequences be damned. This was the same woman He had left me for, and I hadn't even known it at first. The same girl with very questionable character and morals.

Don't think that didn't tear my heart right out. He married her, and we had some phone contact for a while, but that didn't last long. I haven't seen or talked to him in several years but I have a hunch he's finding that this wasn't all it was cracked up to be, and I suspect he's miserable. He went to the bottom of the barrel after being a pillar of honesty and intergety, truthfullness and faithfulness.

So true; men say the same thing about ex-wives though. :emot-hug:

• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

We must do our part by being allways polite and forgive.It is not easy.

Blessings

So true; men say the same thing about ex-wives though.

would you like me to start? :emot-hug:

I can top your "man" stories and raise you 4 kids!

No, I'm not really going to talk about it publicly but divorce isn't the end of a good relationship, it's usually the beginning of a really bad one.

I would not have survived without Yeshua holding me every step of the way. Ouch! I don't wish it on anyone though....especially kids.

I'm praying for you, Bolts.

hang in there...

The verse that got me through 2 years was; Heb 11:6 "He is a rewarder of those who seek Him"

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

You sound as you may still have some lingering feelings that you may need to release on to the LORD about your ex. GOD said that we must release the ones we love/care about unto HIM while trusting that HE will guide to what's best for them! all we are supposed to do is pray and release and be joyous over HIS will for them.................

Kat,

I'd be happy with a 'thank you' from him or even a tiny word of appreciation. When his mum got sick I was the first one he got in contact with to provide home aid for her. I didn't mind helping one bit as it gave his mum a chance to be with her grandchildren before she passed. I'd love to know why he is snubbing me. Why can't he be upfront with me????

So true; men say the same thing about ex-wives though.

I'm praying for you, Bolts.

hang in there...

The verse that got me through 2 years was; Heb 11:6 "He is a rewarder of those who seek Him"

Thank you :rolleyes:

I could do with some self control right now :emot-hug:

We must do our part by being allways polite and forgive.It is not easy.

Blessings

you mean no shaking him, biting kicking and or slapping???

:emot-hug:

• Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

Perhaps he is still working through the grief of loosing his mom..

maybe he needs a little slack right now..

as long as the children are safe and cared well ...

That is just what popped out at me... :rolleyes:

Praying for you both and the chidlren and your ex that you heal from your loss and can come into a good relationship for all your sakes... :emot-hug: