nebula

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

What is the hidden meaning of horoscopes? Does it tie in with paganism somehow?

When you consult horoscopes, even simply thinking it is just some hokey, harmless, pass-the-time amusement, you are dabbling in the occult. Christians are to have nothing to do with the occult.

Very true; I never once thought I was playing games with the occult before I was saved. Think of how many people do this because they just don't know. And how many follow the 'prophecies' of Nostradamus. :)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

What is the hidden meaning of horoscopes? Does it tie in with paganism somehow?

No hidden meaning - they come directly from Egyptian, Babylonian, etc. false religions - idolatry and paganism.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

Let's go back to the original issue for a moment: false maps that leave Israel out. This is just a symptom of a much bigger problem: the false of the devil replacing the truth of God. If you think about this for a little bit, there are hundreds of examples in just about any direction we turn. Please let me mention a few examples:

What's happening in our public schools with what our children are being taught and what they can't be taught?

What's happening in some of our huge churches?

What's happening in many of our own homes?

Is there a big effort to push things that are politically correct and evil?

Is there a big effort to call evil good -- and good evil?

Is the devil trying to use every institution in our society, including our churches and homes?

Is the devil using television, radio, and every known mass-media device?

Is there a big effort to silence the truth, and isn't that effort growing by the day?

Is there a growing effort to silence Christians and paint them as radical?

Bluntly, isn't there an effort to push God out of our society and replace Him with evil agendas?

If we have our eyes and ears open, we should know these things are happening. The question becomes: what are we doing as Christians? We should know that Almighty God hasn't changed, and He won't change. Yes, He is the same for eternity past and eternity future. As Christians, our instructions and duties haven't changed. There aren't any disclaimers in God's Word that say we can lay down and be quiet if things get dangerous or the things of God become unpopular. Further, our responsibilities to our children and family haven't changed at all. We are to bring our children up in the ways of the Lord - period! God has told us about the woes of those who call evil good - and good evil.

All of us need to be praying every day for strength and guidance to do God's Will. We should also be praying for each other, encouraging each other, and trying to strengthen each other in Christ. We are already eternal possessions of Christ, and we need to act like it. I know that we're just humans, and so does God. Don't we have the Holy Spirit of God living in our hearts, and isn't God with us? Aren't these the bold Truths that missionaries and others rely on in situations of danger? Don't we know that we might have to face danger also if we serve God the way that we should? Yes, our part of the world is deteriorating quickly. Many think that the days are getting closer for the Tribulation Period. The big question is simple: does danger or unpleasantness change the duties of Christians? No!

So, what do we do? As Christians, we must feed our spirit with God's Word, Pray, and Pray some more. God should be the center core of our lives and our Head over our families. We must worship and praise God in the way that He deserves. We must put God first in everything and always remember that we already belong to Him. We were bought with the precious Blood of Jesus Christ on the Cross, and we are no longer our own.

We must remember that we have a ministry:

2 Corinthians 4:1-18 1 Therefore seeing we have this ministry, even as we obtained mercy, we faint not: 2 but we have renounced the hidden things of shame, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by the manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God. 3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled in them that perish: 4 in whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of the unbelieving, that the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should not dawn upon them. 5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake. 6 Seeing it is God, that said, Light shall shine out of darkness, who shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the exceeding greatness of the power may be of God, and not from ourselves; 8 we are pressed on every side, yet not straitened; perplexed, yet not unto despair; 9 pursued, yet not forsaken; smitten down, yet not destroyed; 10 always bearing about in the body the dying of Jesus, that the life also of Jesus may be manifested in our body. 11 For we who live are always delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus may be manifested in our mortal flesh. 12 So then death worketh in us, but life in you. 13 But having the same spirit of faith, according to that which is written, I believed, and therefore did I speak; we also believe, and therefore also we speak; 14 knowing that he that raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also with Jesus, and shall present us with you. 15 For all things are for your sakes, that the grace, being multiplied through the many, may cause the thanksgiving to abound unto the glory of God. 16 Wherefore we faint not; but though our outward man is decaying, yet our inward man is renewed day by day. 17 For our light affliction, which is for the moment, worketh for us more and more exceedingly an eternal weight of glory; 18 while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

We must also remember that we are in God's Hands, and we are equipped for His purposes:

Ephesians 6:11-20 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For our wrestling is not against flesh and blood, but against the principalities, against the powers, against the world-rulers of this darkness, against the spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Wherefore take up the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and, having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having girded your loins with truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 withal taking up the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the evil one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 18 with all prayer and supplication praying at all seasons in the Spirit, and watching thereunto in all perseverance and supplication for all the saints, 19 and on my behalf, that utterance may be given unto me in opening my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

On top of everything else, we have each other, and we will spend Eternity together with Jesus Christ. We must not call good evil - and evil good. By the way, our current leader is going to do away with the National Day of Prayer, but that changes nothing for us. As Christians, every day should be a National Day of Prayer numerous times every day. We're not interested in being politically correct, and we're certainly not interested in appeasing the devil.

Isaiah 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

nChrist

Edited by nChrist

Guest HIS girl

'nChrist'

I know that secular society paints Christianity as archaic as opposed to New Age theology which Western society would have you believe is "cutting edge" modern theology.

I think the term politically correct is another name for evil in a sense...

If it's deemed "politically" correct as opposed to being "morally correct", it has a better "shelf life" in the publics eye - and this is exactly what is happening...twisting the truth of matters to be acceptable to the "blind" and those who oppose Christian beliefs/morals..

'nChrist'

I know that secular society paints Christianity as archaic as opposed to New Age theology which Western society would have you believe is "cutting edge" modern theology.

I think the term politically correct is another name for evil in a sense...

If it's deemed "politically" correct as opposed to being "morally correct", it has a better "shelf life" in the publics eye - and this is exactly what is happening...twisting the truth of matters to be acceptable to the "blind" and those who oppose Christian beliefs/morals..

I agree with you, but I do wonder what percentage of the public are still the old-fashioned types, with decency and morals, and Christian. I many times think that the majority are still of the old-fashioned types I mentioned. However, we aren't in control of what's being pushed on us by the media and our own leaders. Maybe we are still the "too silent" majority.

Yes, the direction of travel appears to be New Age and political correctness. I view these things the same way you do: evil. As an example, humanism and universalism are growing by the minute because many don't want right and wrong defined by God. Growing numbers want to do as they please with no condemnation - or even a mention that what they are doing is wrong. Regardless, what God has already defined and proclaimed stands forever.

We know that man has made a terrible mess of things, even though Jesus Christ died on the Cross for us. Man has also had 2,000 years to study God's Completed Word, the Holy Bible. Overall, man has chosen evil over God - much like the times of Noah. God's Word tells us what will happen in the future, and the times He told us about might be near. Chaos, evil, terror, and bloodshed will rule until the Second Coming of Christ. Only Jesus Christ will be able to restore peace and goodness. As for Christians, we still have a race to run, a fight to fight, and a course to finish. May God give us the strength, courage, and guidance to do His Will until He Comes to take us Home.

Romans 8:16-23 16 The Spirit himself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are children of God: 17 and if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified with him. 18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed to us-ward. 19 For the earnest expectation of the creation waiteth for the revealing of the sons of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to vanity, not of its own will, but by reason of him who subjected it, in hope 21 that the creation itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the liberty of the glory of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. 23 And not only so, but ourselves also, who have the first-fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for our adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

nChrist

Guest HIS girl

n'Christ,

I heard 2 nights ago on a US Christian radio program that 70% of Americans today do not believe in absolute truth.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  788
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1979

How to define absolute truth? :emot-pray:

Absolute truth is the opposite of relative truth. I know that much for sure.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12

n'Christ,

I heard 2 nights ago on a US Christian radio program that 70% of Americans today do not believe in absolute truth.

There are probably only 30% of us who have ever HEARD ABSOLUTE TRUTH.... :emot-pray:

n'Christ,

I think this would have to be put into the context of the rest of the question.

I would give one answer of yes for: "does absolute truth exist?" Yes, God's Word is the absolute truth.

I would give one answer of no for: "does Congress act on absolute truth?" This one is an obvious no.

If this 70% is denying God and His Word as "absolute truth", that would make me very sad. Maybe I'm too naive in believing there is still a majority in America of decent, God-fearing people. In the same breath, I would quickly state that things are getting worse by the minute. Our own country needs missionaries, and that would include our own neighborhoods.

nChrist

Guest HIS girl
n'Christ,

I think this would have to be put into the context of the rest of the question.

I would give one answer of yes for: "does absolute truth exist?" Yes, God's Word is the absolute truth.

I would give one answer of no for: "does Congress act on absolute truth?" This one is an obvious no.

If this 70% is denying God and His Word as "absolute truth", that would make me very sad. Maybe I'm too naive in believing there is still a majority in America of decent, God-fearing people. In the same breath, I would quickly state that things are getting worse by the minute. Our own country needs missionaries, and that would include our own neighborhoods.

nChrist

Ok - I just checked the notes I had written from listening to the program....

78% of people born between 1965 - 1983 reject absolute truth.

67% believe there is no such thing as absolute truth.

Society has become tolerant.