• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

HILLARY IS FEMALE?????????

Oh, Kat, you are SO bad! :blink:

That wasn't Kat, it was Believer.

I'm a Kat, too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone should have at least 2 Kats!!!! :noidea:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.06
  • Days Won:  78

We are told that if we are ashamed of Jesus, he will be ashamed of us. People have always had to make a choice of risking their lives when they accepted Christianity, especially in Muslim nations. Does that mean they should reject Christianity to survive now and suffer eternal damnation later? :noidea:

No. We are supposed to spread the Word, as you know. Why not go underground? Getting these people in Iraq, who ask for Bibles, killed isn't going to win over anyone and that's exactly what would happen to them. Filming and publicizing this stuff was just NUTS! :blink:

Oh, Kat, you are SO bad! :noidea:

That wasn't Kat, it was Believer.

I know....Believer Kat as opposed to the ever popular kat8585. Can't have too many 'Kats'. :blink:

• Followers:  1

We are told that if we are ashamed of Jesus, he will be ashamed of us. People have always had to make a choice of risking their lives when they accepted Christianity, especially in Muslim nations. Does that mean they should reject Christianity to survive now and suffer eternal damnation later? :noidea:

No. We are supposed to spread the Word, as you know. Why not go underground? Getting these people in Iraq, who ask for Bibles, killed isn't going to win over anyone and that's exactly what would happen to them. Filming and publicizing this stuff was just NUTS! :blink:

AND the soldiers that signed up with him - may not be as willing to get killed for his beliefs.... they did not sign up for that. There's a reason for the rule... in a military unit - you are not a single person ...you have to think and act as a unit or you could get yourself and other people killed. There's a reason for the rule.

Guest Butero

No. We are supposed to spread the Word, as you know. Why not go underground? Getting these people in Iraq, who ask for Bibles, killed isn't going to win over anyone and that's exactly what would happen to them. Filming and publicizing this stuff was just NUTS! :laugh:

AND the soldiers that signed up with him - may not be as willing to get killed for his beliefs.... they did not sign up for that. There's a reason for the rule... in a military unit - you are not a single person ...you have to think and act as a unit or you could get yourself and other people killed. There's a reason for the rule.

It would make more sense to go underground. I also acknowledge what you said Believer about the other soldiers. Those are both good points. I still think the government needs to pay for those Bibles, but I will concede the issue over whether or not Bibles should have been distributed in that manner.

I think you are right - those Bibles should have never been destroyed.... that was, in my opinion, grossly uncalled for.

It would make more sense to go underground. I also acknowledge what you said Believer about the other soldiers. Those are both good points. I still think the government needs to pay for those Bibles, but I will concede the issue over whether or not Bibles should have been distributed in that manner.

:noidea:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Again - There is no evidence they were trying to convert anyone.

Why not assume the chaplain asked for Bibles from his church because there were Afghanistan Christians asking him for Bibles? That's not conversion.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

when we pulled into port, we were given instructions...... NO RELIGIOUS MATERIAL WAS TO LEAVE THE SHIP ......

this would even include a cross on a chain around the neck....

problem I had, we were also required to wear slacks (no blue jeans) or anything that would say that we were westerners.. (this is kind of weird, being we were also instructed not to be wearing any of the local garb, so anyone not wearing local garb would be identified as being westerners..lol..) AND NO UNIFORMS ALLOWED OFF THE SHIP....

anyways, we also had to wear a belt, mandatory to leave the ship (go figure) of course, they did not tell us this prior to leaving San Diego, so some only had cowboy boots an western style shirts, me I had a WIDE belt... with a belt buckle that I bought in 1976, a oval brass buckle that has the greek lettering for Jesus Christ God's Son Savior....

where do you get the stuff when you get there if you are not suppose to wear what you brought..... I got off the ship wearing that belt buckle and belt.... those in charge of the Quarterdeck had no clue what that belt buckle said, there were 4 people each time, and the Quarter Deck watch changed every 4 hours.... at least one person each watch was an officer.... I created more of an issue with the belt then the buckle...

once I was a shore, I had no issues with locals or anything, infact, had plenty of conversations with the locals.....

oh yeah, just to keep from creating a problem, I left my camera on board so that it could not be mistaken that I was taking a picture of any of the Ladies....

The Bibles, I am sure were not for conversion but for assistance to those that were already Christian.....

(oh yeah, some of the stupid rules that the military authorities have come up with, a friend of mine on a different ship, was never allowed to go ashore while on his West Pac to the Persian Gulf, cause he refused to take a condom with him that the ship required them to take if they were going ashore.... he said he did not need one, that he was loyal to his wife and kids and God, but yet, for him to go ashore, he would still be required to take one, they told him he did not have to use it, but he had to have one.... .he refused, cause he said..... IT IS THE APPEARANCE..... we are to refrain from the appearance of doing any evil...... )

ok, so as one person stated, they should have kept quiet about it..... HIDE IT UNDER A BUSHEL....... naaaaa

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

I have to question that as well.....