• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

...And Obama claims, "Even by Washington standards, that should be considered real money."

Here's the article: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...0702001_pf.html

Here's what I think: http://ovedyasponderings.stripgenerator.co...the-budget.html

Note also that Obama is seeking an additional $12 billion for Federal tax enforcement.

The only authority that should have that much money is God.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Actually most of the cuts are and have come from the Military. :thumbsup:

Do you feel safe now? :noidea:

By the by, these are not budget cuts, a true cut would be a cut from previous years spending. However, these are cuts from this years increase. :blink::thumbsup::rolleyes:

Thinking Americans actually look at this stuff and don't accept anyones word for it. :thumbsup:

Limbaugh actually believes what I believe therefore he re-inforces what I already know and to be quite truthful, he is very entertaining. :thumbsup:

Rush preaches to the choir....why soak up what you already believe? :emot-pray:

Do you listen to him, have you listened to him at all, or are you just reciting what you have heard about him?

I'm not going to defend Rush, but I find it quite rude for you sister, to state, that folks who do listen to him don't think. :blink:

Whoa there, Dave; I listen to Rush EVERY DAY. At least every day that he's actually on the show; I don't listen to that British guy. Where did I state that people who listen to him don't think? I would be insulting MYSELF. Please reread what I wrote. I assure you that I don't need to resort to rudeness to make a point. :whistling:

I would venture that there are those who need to take off the Limbaugh earphones and think for themselves.

I'm not sure how else to interpret that one. :blink:

Well, for starters, stop interpreting any criticisms of Rush or those like him as rude; he's just a man. I am suggesting that Rush's listeners stop concentrating on only what HE says and do their own analysis. I listen to him, analyze what I hear, and then either yell at him on the radio or nod in agreement. Stop being so touchy, Dave, it's bad for your digestion. :rolleyes:

There was nothing touchy about anything I've written, you made a statement and I asked for clarification, you have been perfectly clear, thank you. :thumbsup: I still believe that it is beneath you to insinuate that folks are chattel for listening to someone who informs and reinforces their own personal opinions and conclusions. :o

Well, if one wants to listen only to those who speak what they want to hear...that's a personal decision. I don't understand why anyone would do that but it's a free country. Rush is an entertainer, he has very strong opinions and voices them; he also knows what his audience wants to hear. How can anybody form opinions of anything if they only hear their own thoughts being bounced back at them? And btw, Dave, I will never insinuate anything; I will say it straight out without any doubt as to what I mean. "Chattel" is your word, it's not one I would use, or have ever used, to describe people who listen to Rush. :rolleyes:

Here's the problem though sis,

It comes off sounding preachy to decide for people what they should listen to and how they should inform themselves. It also sounds a little over the top when you think you know the motives of someones heart and can discern 24/7 what people do or do not ingest. :blink:

That said, I am certain that you will continue to boldly speak your mind. :blink: I'm guessing that you would boldly speak your mind if someone tried to tell you how to inform yourself, or what entertainment to seek. :thumbsup:

Peace,

Dave

Oh for Pete's sake.... :rolleyes: I made some suggestions, I didn't issue an edict. If none of Rush's listeners ever want to listen to another sound besides his voice...more power to them. If the mere suggestion that people broaden their horizons is going to cause angst and offense....I will leave y'all to it. I don't want people to think I'm just a meanie that thinks I know the motives of their heart (where did THAT come from???) and what they listen to all the time; I don't and don't want to. I am SO done.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

Actually most of the cuts are and have come from the Military. :whistling:

Do you feel safe now? :thumbsup:

By the by, these are not budget cuts, a true cut would be a cut from previous years spending. However, these are cuts from this years increase. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thinking Americans actually look at this stuff and don't accept anyones word for it. :thumbsup:

Limbaugh actually believes what I believe therefore he re-inforces what I already know and to be quite truthful, he is very entertaining. :thumbsup:

Rush preaches to the choir....why soak up what you already believe? :emot-pray:

Good point morningglory- sometimes the people that talk the most are simply trying to cover up the fact that they know the least!

Actually most of the cuts are and have come from the Military. :king:

Do you feel safe now? :noidea:

By the by, these are not budget cuts, a true cut would be a cut from previous years spending. However, these are cuts from this years increase. :blink::blink::rolleyes:

Rush preaches to the choir....why soak up what you already believe? :cool:

Good point morningglory- sometimes the people that talk the most are simply trying to cover up the fact that they know the least!

Well, I've no doubt Rush does his homework and knows what he's talking about; that's not the problem. It's the fact that so many only listen to what they already believe that baffles me. No way to grow or move forward if you get stuck in one spot. Anyway, to each his/her own.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Well ... if you don't ever eat anything but vanilla, vanilla, vanilla.... how are you ever going to explore Pistachio or Butter Pecan or Licorice.... you may try those and find out that you only like vanilla after all.... but if you don't sample different experiences and opinions... how will you know??

Well, I've no doubt Rush does his homework and knows what he's talking about; that's not the problem. It's the fact that so many only listen to what they already believe that baffles me. No way to grow or move forward if you get stuck in one spot. Anyway, to each his/her own.

ya know, i think there may be a good reason why God calls us sheep so very often in the Bible! :blink:

:cool:

But we are only supposed to His sheep. Otherwise, we are supposed to be measured in our thoughts and actions. :king:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow is too lazy to form an opinion.

Will Rogers

1879-1935, American Humorist, Actor

A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel.

Robert Frost

American, Poet Quotes

:b:

Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow is too lazy to form an opinion.

Will Rogers

1879-1935, American Humorist, Actor

A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel.

Robert Frost

American, Poet Quotes

:P

There are NO broadminded people on this forum...... :b: