• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  692
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/02/1946

"You don't love me!" How many times have your kids laid that one on you? And how many times have you, as a parent, resisted the urge to tell them how much?

Someday, when my children are old enough to understand the logic that motivates a mother, I'll tell them;

I loved you enough to bug you about where you were going, with who, and what time you would get home.

I loved you enough to be silent and let you discover your hand-picked friend was a creep.

I love you enough to make you return a Milky Way with a bite out of it to the drug store and confess "I stole this."

I love you enough to stand over you for two hours while you cleaned your bedroom, a job that would have taken me 15 minutes.

I loved you enough to not make excuses for you lack of respect or bad manners.

I loved you enough to ignore "what every other mother did."

I love you enough to figure you would lie about the party being chaperoned, but forgive you for it..after discovering I was right.

I loved you enough to let you stumble, fall and fail so that you could learn to stand alone.

I loved you enough to accept you for what you are, not what I wanted you to be.

But most of all, I loved you enough to say no when you hated me for it. That was the hardest part of all.

Happy Mother's Day to all the MOTHERS

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Great reminder. Thanks for posting this, Glory. :cool:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

Glory - I love this column from the late Erma Bombeck. I got a Mother's Day card, letter and gift today. I broke down and sobbed as I read it. My beautiful daughter (who is now a mommy, too)... I remember that we were so close always... until she became about 15... and then we were nose to nose... I was a hopeless idiot and she was just so put out by having me, a huge embarrassment for a Mom... She's had a number of traumas in her life that would have broken me in half - but she is strong. She is my hero. I was with her when she went through a lumpectomy during her 4th month of pregnancy... We were with her when she gave birth to our beautiful grandbaby. We are so proud of the strong and good woman she's become. When I read her letter - I was just amazed - because she says I am her HERO!!! Me? She told me that she's always wanted to be ... just like me. ME???????? She told me how my faith and my strength and my strong belief in God has gotten her through so many 'times' and how she hopes she can be that way, too for her daughter. I truly had no idea. I just remember being the one who said "no" ... to the string bikini, to unchaperoned beach week, to parties when I was out of town, to boyfriends who were.... just sooooo wrong, to quitting college to go hike through Costa Rica..... the list was endless and I was such a "bummer". But a hero?? I had no idea. I feel somehow redeemed.... I always felt like such a ... meanie. The one who was always the "bad cop". You all have no idea how unburdened I feel now. I DIDN'T mess them up too much. Thank You God!!!! :cool:

Glory - I love this column from the late Erma Bombeck. I got a Mother's Day card, letter and gift today. I broke down and sobbed as I read it. My beautiful daughter (who is now a mommy, too)... I remember that we were so close always... until she became about 15... and then we were nose to nose... I was a hopeless idiot and she was just so put out by having me, a huge embarrassment for a Mom... She's had a number of traumas in her life that would have broken me in half - but she is strong. She is my hero. I was with her when she went through a lumpectomy during her 4th month of pregnancy... We were with her when she gave birth to our beautiful grandbaby. We are so proud of the strong and good woman she's become. When I read her letter - I was just amazed - because she says I am her HERO!!! Me? She told me that she's always wanted to be ... just like me. ME???????? She told me how my faith and my strength and my strong belief in God has gotten her through so many 'times' and how she hopes she can be that way, too for her daughter. I truly had no idea. I just remember being the one who said "no" ... to the string bikini, to unchaperoned beach week, to parties when I was out of town, to boyfriends who were.... just sooooo wrong, to quitting college to go hike through Costa Rica..... the list was endless and I was such a "bummer". But a hero?? I had no idea. I feel somehow redeemed.... I always felt like such a ... meanie. The one who was always the "bad cop". You all have no idea how unburdened I feel now. I DIDN'T mess them up too much. Thank You God!!!! :cool:

What a wonderful testament! All the times I thought I was being ignored comes back to me in similar ways and I am a bit surprised and humbled to know they were listening. Thank you Jesus.

This is a beautiful story and I am sure you were totally overwhelmed by the love your daughter expressed. God bless you and enjoy your mothers day!

Glory - I love this column from the late Erma Bombeck. I got a Mother's Day card, letter and gift today. I broke down and sobbed as I read it. My beautiful daughter (who is now a mommy, too)... I remember that we were so close always... until she became about 15... and then we were nose to nose... I was a hopeless idiot and she was just so put out by having me, a huge embarrassment for a Mom... She's had a number of traumas in her life that would have broken me in half - but she is strong. She is my hero. I was with her when she went through a lumpectomy during her 4th month of pregnancy... We were with her when she gave birth to our beautiful grandbaby. We are so proud of the strong and good woman she's become. When I read her letter - I was just amazed - because she says I am her HERO!!! Me? She told me that she's always wanted to be ... just like me. ME???????? She told me how my faith and my strength and my strong belief in God has gotten her through so many 'times' and how she hopes she can be that way, too for her daughter. I truly had no idea. I just remember being the one who said "no" ... to the string bikini, to unchaperoned beach week, to parties when I was out of town, to boyfriends who were.... just sooooo wrong, to quitting college to go hike through Costa Rica..... the list was endless and I was such a "bummer". But a hero?? I had no idea. I feel somehow redeemed.... I always felt like such a ... meanie. The one who was always the "bad cop". You all have no idea how unburdened I feel now. I DIDN'T mess them up too much. Thank You God!!!! :huh:

oh Believer. this SO does not surprise me! i'm sure you were a terrific mom, and i'm happy your daughter realizes it. congrats to you! :D

thanks for posting this, Glory! these kind of things always make me blubber! i really like the one of Erma where she's talking about what kids hear a mom say and how they don't hear what's in the mom's heart. i'll have to see if i can find that one.

:cool:

Charitow, they make me cry like a baby as well. I hope you can find the one you mentioned. I would love to read it.

Great reminder. Thanks for posting this, Glory. :cool:

You are welcome!

• Followers:  0