• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

Don't drink period.

It DOES go against scripture.

Proverbs 23:31 says not to even LOOK on the wine when it is red(alcoholic). (Remember all scripture is inspired IITim 3:16)

There you go there is your scripture not to drink.

Now people say Jesus drank..well then he disobeyed a direct commandment from God here...given by His grampa's grampa's grampa's grampa.

People say Jesus made alcoholic wine and served it..then he disobeyed Hab 2:15 Woe who gives drink to his neighbor

Now scripture says it is a sin to "murder"..such scripture does not negate others that say not to "hate". So scriptures that say do not be "drunk" do not negate scripture s that say do not "drink"....see.

Drinkers promote drinking..non drinkers promote not to drink generally..this is where the line is drawn in society.

People perish for lack of knowledge ..we must educate people so they have an answer to give others.

Very interesting topic.

Actually - drunkenness is not pleasing to God. Jesus NEVER committed disobedience to God in any shape or form. You should perhaps read your Bible again... God was not his grampa, grampa's, grampa..... God was the Father of Jesus. You have some odd ideas - are you a Christian?

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

The problem is when we misuse or simply invent scripture out of thin air because we have some sort of weird issue with alcohol to say that drinking any alcohol is sin young people don't believe us on anything. The drinking of wine is in scripture, wine is an integral part of the Jewish Seder meal, wine was part of the culture of the mediterainain where our Lord was born and raised. It is not sinful in and of itself. But wine as has been pointed out numerous times above was used as part of the diet and food. It could be abused and was and this was and is sinful as pointed out in scripture. But when Jesus took the Cup and blessed it and passed it around to His disciples it WAS wine just as scripture says it was.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  630
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/09/1990

Don't drink period.

Proverbs 23:31 says not to even LOOK on the wine when it is red(alcoholic). (Remember all scripture is inspired IITim 3:16)

Now people say Jesus drank..well then he disobeyed a direct commandment from God here...given by His grampa's grampa's grampa's grampa.

People say Jesus made alcoholic wine and served it..then he disobeyed Hab 2:15 Woe who gives drink to his neighbor

Now scripture says it is a sin to "murder"..such scripture does not negate others that say not to "hate". So scriptures that say do not be "drunk" do not negate scripture s that say do not "drink"....see.

Drinkers promote drinking..non drinkers promote not to drink generally..this is where the line is drawn in society.

People perish for lack of knowledge ..we must educate people so they have an answer to give others.

Very interesting topic.

Actually - drunkenness is not pleasing to God. Jesus NEVER committed disobedience to God in any shape or form. You should perhaps read your Bible again... God was not his grampa, grampa's, grampa..... God was the Father of Jesus. You have some odd ideas - are you a Christian?

I think he was implying that Solomon is Jesus' grampa's grampa's grampa.

He was also implying that by his scriptural evidence that it was impossible for Jesus to serve wine or drink it, because it would violate the commands given in the verses he noted.

I'm unsure of the context of these verses, but it's an interesting point nonetheless.

Maybe you should keep that trigger finger under wraps, Believer... :24:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Sorry I was unclear...

I was just being silly...Solomon who wrote most of the Proverbs was Jesus grampa times 25?(I will look it up later) This means Jesus was the "son" that Solomon was referring to in Proverbs 23` just a few generations removed..we are the "sons" also`

Jesus was the KING of kings so obviously he was not to drink alcohol as Proverbs states, He was also the prince of peace. We are kings Revelation states so that scripture applies to us also.

Again, if something I state confuses you do not be afraid to ask what I mean...Thanks have a blessed day.

Edited by Servant54

But when Jesus took the Cup and blessed it and passed it around to His disciples it WAS wine just as scripture says it was.

The scripture does not say that what was in the cup was wine..it was" the fruit of the vine'

It ".the fruit", like Jesus blood, saw no corruption , it was pure...what a glorious truth.

Sorry I was unclear...

I was just being silly...Solomon who wrote most of the Proverbs was Jesus grampa times 25?(I will look it up later) This means Jesus was the "son" that Solomon was referring to in Proverbs 23` just a few generations removed..we are the "sons" also`

Jesus was the KING of kings so obviously he was not to drink alcohol as Proverbs states, He was also the prince of peace. We are kings Revealtion states so that scripture applies to us also.

Again, if something I state confuses you do not be afraid to ask what I mean...Thanks have a blessed day.

:24: It takes so little to confuse me these days and I read this in the car - Hmmmm ... so what do you think He was drinking at the Last Supper?

Don't drink period.

Very interesting topic.

I think he was implying that Solomon is Jesus' grampa's grampa's grampa.

He was also implying that by his scriptural evidence that it was impossible for Jesus to serve wine or drink it, because it would violate the commands given in the verses he noted.

I'm unsure of the context of these verses, but it's an interesting point nonetheless.

Maybe you should keep that trigger finger under wraps, Believer... :24:

:24: I always keep my trigger finger loaded Poke!!!!

"What was Jesus drinking"

He was drinking the fruit of the vine..which is grape juice.

Remember the typology involved..this was a type of Jesus blood..it and He were without sin..in order to make alcoholic wine you must first allow the grapes to become putrefied, the sugars rot with leaven and become alcohol.

The bread was unleavened also as we all know. There was to be no leaven..in the juice or in the bread.

History shows they drank grape juice and it was very common..yes there was alcohol around also, but it was not the only thing they had to drink.

They had water to drink also..note the scripture about the man carrying the pitcher of water.

Wine can refer to either alcoholic or non alcoholic drink..there are scriptures to back this up..(like wine in clusters..OT)

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

To me, alcohol is an example of Satan taking something good that God made and making something evil out of it. I've never seen alcohol do anything but destroy.

To me, alcohol is an example of Satan taking something good that God made and making something evil out of it. I've never seen alcohol do anything but destroy.

I got lipstick off wallpaper one time with it... :)