Matthitjah

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

I think it is important to read what someone really says; not what someone else says they said. (my second post, is also referred to by someone's post and in the original address itself, so I clarified it by quoting it also.)

That is the reason for my posts.

Let us love one another and look to show and increase love not hatred.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

When the Chief Rabbinate said this the Pope was standing there, I am almost certain that he could have clarified on a matter of such great import as our lords last command before ascension. :emot-hug:

Peace,

Dave

This is from the link you provided:[The pope also spoke of the need for a "shared concern in the face of moral relativism and the offences it spawns against the dignity of the human person."

"In approaching the most urgent ethical questions of our day, our two communities are challenged to engage people of goodwill at the level of reason, while simultaneously pointing to the religious foundations which best sustain lasting moral values," he said. "May the dialogue that has begun continue to generate ideas on how Christians and Jews can work together to heighten society's appreciation of the distinctive contribution of our religious and ethical traditions."

Then the pope reiterated points the Catholic Church has made in recent years.

"Today, I have the opportunity to repeat that the Catholic Church is irrevocably committed to the path chosen at the Second Vatican Council [1962-1965] for a genuine and lasting reconciliation between Christians and Jews. As the Declaration Nostra Aetate makes clear, the Church continues to value the spiritual patrimony common to Christians and Jews and desires an ever deeper mutual understanding and respect through biblical and theological studies as well as fraternal dialogues."

The pontiff then concluded with a prayer, quoting the Book of Psalms.

"I pray that God, who searches our hearts and knows our thoughts, will continue to enlighten us with his wisdom, so that we may follow his commandments to love him with all our heart, soul and strength and to love our neighbor as ourselves. Thank you."]

~~

Do you not understand that the Pope is talking about valuing our truths in common?( Jews and Christians-OT and NT,)and goodwill to work together as people of goodwill, See his reference to "the Declaration Nostra Aetate"*. *Which I posted for understanding it's meaning.

It is not a call to stop missions. There is every effort to continue all Catholic missionary work until the Lord returns.

In the post you posted it is only in the "title" "not in it's content " that that was ever said. I do not see anyplace the Pope actually said it (infact in the article content I did not see the Rabbi say it either,did you?...).

If you want to believe that the Pope should of publicly interrupted a Rabbi (if the Rabbi said that) and again pointed (for a second time) to what he had already pointed out in the Nostra Aetate : it was not only something that would of been rude, it was unnecessary , since the previous already explains his stand.

The Pope's visit to the east was purposed in trying to open dialogue and good will, to stop the killing of innocent people by trying to reach the Muslims to recognize we are all made by the same God ,not to kill innocents, and to continue diaglogue and encourage goodwill with the Jews.

That is a good thing!

I will go by what is actually said by a person and the stand of the Church* and is actually written. Not by another's idea of what someone means.

(*...Infact, this interests me. So, I may be contacting the Catholic Church and find out exacting information regarding the visit there on a few subjects, this will be one of them.)

However, if you want to believe that the Catholic Church does not plan to continue missions, watch and see: I am sure they will be.

In Christ

Already,(concerning another Q I had) I have verified one untruth in recent reporting from the JP and inquiring presently upon that which you posted here from them.

It is vital to post from reliable sources.

Take care,

elkie

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

I, yi, yi............... :taped:

Quote Jeruslam Post;

'Vatican to stop missionizing Jews'

May. 12, 2009

JPost.com Staff , THE JERUSALEM POST

In his welcoming address Tuesday to Pope Benedict XVI at Jerusalem's Heichal Shlomo, adjacent to the capital's Great Synagogue, Chief Ashkenazi Rabbi Yona Metzger said that the pontiff had agreed that the Catholic Church would cease all missionary activity among Jews, and thanked him for the gesture.

Metzger opened by congratulating the pope on his arrival to "our holy land - the land to which we prayed to return during 2000 years of exile... And, with God's help, our meeting today is taking place in the Land of Israel, in our city of Jerusalem - the eternal capital of the Jewish people."

Speaking of the necessity of dialogue between the faiths, Metzger said that "if a historical meeting such as this, where the head of the largest religion in the world meets in Jerusalem with the head of the Jewish religion, had taken place many years ago, much blood would have been spared and senseless hatred averted."

Metzger thanked Benedict for preventing the return to the fold of Holocaust-denying Bishop Richard Williamson.

"Had you not done so," Metzger explained, "a message may have been understood by another Holocaust denier- the president of Iran, granting legitimacy to his sinful declarations of his will and intention to destroy our country. I commend with appreciation your clear proclamation that anti-Semitism is not only a sin against the Jews, but also a sin against God."

In a hint of criticism over Benedict's speech at Yad Vashem on Monday, which was received with some disappointment for his failure to apologize on behalf of the Catholic Church while paying tribute to the memory of the six million Jews who perished in the Holocaust, Metzger hailed Benedict's predecessor, "Pope John Paul II, who visited us nine years ago, placed a note between the stones of the Western Wall, and in it a request for forgiveness from the Jewish people for the suffering caused to them throughout history, and of the Christian commitment towards true fraternity between our peoples."

Alluding to the threat of Islamic extremism, Metzger said "we must teach the leaders of other religions that it is not with terror that they will obtain their aims, not by the killing of innocent people do they represent their God."

The chief Ashkenazi rabbi went on to thank the pope for his "historic agreement and the commitment given by the Vatican, that the Church will henceforth desist from all missionary and conversion activities amongst our people. This is for us an immensely important message."

Metzger then asked the pope to act on the issue of lost Jewish refugees; children saved by Christians during the Holocaust and never told by their adopting parents that they were Jewish.

"Your Holiness, as you know, during the Holocaust many parents deposited their children in trust with the various churches throughout Europe," he said. "To our sorrow, six million Jews did not return. Many of the children who survived thanks to the Church, grew up unaware of their Jewish heritage. We ask that under your guidance the Church display transparency and reveal their roots so that they may choose their national and religious paths.

"A lack of transparency on this sensitive issue may perpetuate the suffering of many Jews and ultimately obtain the Nazi's aim - the annihilation of the Jewish People."

Metzger also mentioned the pope's visit to the Western Wall, which is a "house of prayer for all nations," but lamented that "unfortunately there are those who have transformed their houses of prayer into warehouses of weapons and terror.

"One thing alone still threatens us all," he said, "the use of religion as a means for the killing of innocent people."

He concluded by calling to establish "an international body, a UN for religions alongside the UN for diplomats and statesmen. There, side by side, around one table will sit the representatives of all the religions. Even those coming from countries that still lack diplomatic relations between them, will sit together to solve conflicts and differences of opinions arising from a religious cause."

"It is my heartfelt blessing that together we will merit to add love, mutual respect and peace in our world," the rabbi ended his speech. "For each people will walk in the name of his God; And we will walk in the name of the Lord our God..."

Speaking after Metzger, the pope vowed to maintain the dialogue between Christianity and Judaism in an effort to continue the reconciliation process between the two religions.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid...ticle%2FPrinter

Can you say, "One World Religion?"

"For each people will walk in the name of his God;

I feel bad for the Pope. :whistling:

Mt

Grace to you,

When the Chief Rabbinate said this the Pope was standing there, I am almost certain that he could have clarified on a matter of such great import as our lords last command before ascension. :blink:

Peace,

Dave

There was a rabbi who mentioned that the UN should carve Rome into 3 pieces (christian, muslim, jewish) if that's the plan for Jerusalem.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

:39: Good one!

Please do not misunderstand me; for I pray for the peace of Israel and God's Will be done.

I also look for truth in reporting. I am not ignorant of God nor His Word. (Please do not put your assumptions as if are mine, thank you)

In Christ,

elkie

Rev 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, [which is] new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and [i will write upon him] my new name.

Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Zec 8:3 Thus saith the LORD; I am returned unto Zion, and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and Jerusalem shall be called a city of truth; and the mountain of the LORD of hosts the holy mountain.

Mat 4:5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,

Mat 27:53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Act 20:23 Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me.

2Cr 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, [be] with you all. Amen. [[[The second [epistle] to the Corinthians was written from Philippi, [a city] of Macedonia, by Titus and Lucas.]]]

Rev 11:2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty [and] two months.

Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

I, yi, yi............... :emot-hug:

Quote Jeruslam Post;

'Vatican to stop missionizing Jews'

May. 12, 2009

JPost.com Staff , THE JERUSALEM POST

In his welcoming address Tuesday to Pope Benedict XVI at Jerusalem's Heichal Shlomo, adjacent to the capital's Great Synagogue, Chief Ashkenazi Rabbi Yona Metzger said that the pontiff had agreed that the Catholic Church would cease all missionary activity among Jews, and thanked him for the gesture.

Metzger opened by congratulating the pope on his arrival to "our holy land - the land to which we prayed to return during 2000 years of exile... And, with God's help, our meeting today is taking place in the Land of Israel, in our city of Jerusalem - the eternal capital of the Jewish people."

Speaking of the necessity of dialogue between the faiths, Metzger said that "if a historical meeting such as this, where the head of the largest religion in the world meets in Jerusalem with the head of the Jewish religion, had taken place many years ago, much blood would have been spared and senseless hatred averted."

Metzger thanked Benedict for preventing the return to the fold of Holocaust-denying Bishop Richard Williamson.

"Had you not done so," Metzger explained, "a message may have been understood by another Holocaust denier- the president of Iran, granting legitimacy to his sinful declarations of his will and intention to destroy our country. I commend with appreciation your clear proclamation that anti-Semitism is not only a sin against the Jews, but also a sin against God."

In a hint of criticism over Benedict's speech at Yad Vashem on Monday, which was received with some disappointment for his failure to apologize on behalf of the Catholic Church while paying tribute to the memory of the six million Jews who perished in the Holocaust, Metzger hailed Benedict's predecessor, "Pope John Paul II, who visited us nine years ago, placed a note between the stones of the Western Wall, and in it a request for forgiveness from the Jewish people for the suffering caused to them throughout history, and of the Christian commitment towards true fraternity between our peoples."

Alluding to the threat of Islamic extremism, Metzger said "we must teach the leaders of other religions that it is not with terror that they will obtain their aims, not by the killing of innocent people do they represent their God."

The chief Ashkenazi rabbi went on to thank the pope for his "historic agreement and the commitment given by the Vatican, that the Church will henceforth desist from all missionary and conversion activities amongst our people. This is for us an immensely important message."

Metzger then asked the pope to act on the issue of lost Jewish refugees; children saved by Christians during the Holocaust and never told by their adopting parents that they were Jewish.

"Your Holiness, as you know, during the Holocaust many parents deposited their children in trust with the various churches throughout Europe," he said. "To our sorrow, six million Jews did not return. Many of the children who survived thanks to the Church, grew up unaware of their Jewish heritage. We ask that under your guidance the Church display transparency and reveal their roots so that they may choose their national and religious paths.

"A lack of transparency on this sensitive issue may perpetuate the suffering of many Jews and ultimately obtain the Nazi's aim - the annihilation of the Jewish People."

Metzger also mentioned the pope's visit to the Western Wall, which is a "house of prayer for all nations," but lamented that "unfortunately there are those who have transformed their houses of prayer into warehouses of weapons and terror.

"One thing alone still threatens us all," he said, "the use of religion as a means for the killing of innocent people."

He concluded by calling to establish "an international body, a UN for religions alongside the UN for diplomats and statesmen. There, side by side, around one table will sit the representatives of all the religions. Even those coming from countries that still lack diplomatic relations between them, will sit together to solve conflicts and differences of opinions arising from a religious cause."

"It is my heartfelt blessing that together we will merit to add love, mutual respect and peace in our world," the rabbi ended his speech. "For each people will walk in the name of his God; And we will walk in the name of the Lord our God..."

Speaking after Metzger, the pope vowed to maintain the dialogue between Christianity and Judaism in an effort to continue the reconciliation process between the two religions.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid...ticle%2FPrinter

Can you say, "One World Religion?"

"For each people will walk in the name of his God;

I feel bad for the Pope. :emot-hug:

Mt 10:32

Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

Mt 10:33

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Peace,

Dave

Hopefully, there will come a day when every one realizes that it is Jerusalem thati s the Holy City, and not Rome.

sure can say Catholic bashing in here too much sighs,I don't know if I will even come back to reveal what info I do find and just leave this stressful boards completely.