herald2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

If we are going to put faith in a Catholic Priest and his prophesy, then why are we not Catholics?

Some people here are. :laugh:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/26/1971

I find these prophecies very interesting but I'm not about to put my faith in anyone other than Jesus. That being said, being a Catholic doesn't preclude one from hearing from God or having the gift of prophecy. Many from the protestant camp don't have a very good track record of accurate prophecies anyway. I don't want to name names.

If we are going to put faith in a Catholic Priest and his prophesy, then why are we not Catholics?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

I find these prophecies very interesting but I'm not about to put my faith in anyone other than Jesus. That being said, being a Catholic doesn't preclude one from hearing from God or having the gift of prophecy. Many from the protestant camp don't have a very good track record of accurate prophecies anyway. I don't want to name names.

Regarding the highlighted area: I HEARD that. I must stand confused though, what does Hal Lindsey have to do with all this?

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Regarding the highlighted area: I HEARD that. I must stand confused though, what does Hal Lindsey have to do with all this?

If you read back to the original post - apparently Hal Lindsey wrote this article - it really isn't all that clear.... :thumbsup:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

Ahh. Well, Mr. Lindsey will grasp at any straw to further his pre-mil/pre-trib beliefs, so I am not surprised. He's wrong, but you can't TELL him he's wrong because he won't listen. I know. I was once cut off on his radio show for asking a question that would have cast serious doubt on his position. He wouldn't even let me get the rest of the question out of his mouth. I was cut off mid-sentence.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/26/1971

I don't know Hal Lindsey's material all that well. But I bet if you were making a million bucks a year espousing a certain doctrine, you would hold tight to those convictions too.

For a million dollars, I bet I could made a fairly good case the pre-trib rapture. Anyone want to pay and see what I can come up with??? :thumbsup:

Ahh. Well, Mr. Lindsey will grasp at any straw to further his pre-mil/pre-trib beliefs, so I am not surprised. He's wrong, but you can't TELL him he's wrong because he won't listen. I know. I was once cut off on his radio show for asking a question that would have cast serious doubt on his position. He wouldn't even let me get the rest of the question out of his mouth. I was cut off mid-sentence.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

What I heard about the prophecy (which was discussed on the Board after Pope John Paul's death) was that the prophecy concerning the next (now current) pope was that he would be "the glory of the olive."

Now while the Benedictine order has believed this to mean the pope would come from them, this does not mean that is the correct intepretation or application.

So, I've basically been loosely observing things going on with the pope to see if there is any way he becomes "the glory of the olive."

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

This is the first time I've taken any kind of a look at this prophecy, though I'd heard of it vaguely.

Reading http://www.catholic-pages.com/grabbag/malachy.asp, it seems:

1. There is considerable doubt about the authenticity of the prophecies. It seems weird they would have been lost for so long, and even Malachy's biographer, Bernard, makes no mention of them.
  2. The prophecies are highly cryptic, and many seem to be trite references to flowers and such rather than the character of a pope's reign.
  3. According to the writer at catholic-pages, it is undetermined whether there will be other popes between #111 and the final Pope Romanus. If true that leaves a lot of leeway.
I would add that even the numbering of popes is open to some dispute.

All that said, there is one thing I do agree with - that the end times will bring persecution. That's solid in the Word - repeatedly so - and FWIW, my spirit has been bearing strong witness to its approach in the West for some time.

bb,

p.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

I have no confidence in Hal Lindsey prophecies or perdiction of future events. I have a lot of Hal Lindsey books that I have read and not one of his books did I agree with. Hal's predictions of future events was so weird and they made me think where in the world did he come up with this stuff. He seemed a futureist rather than prophecy. A futurist looks at the things that are all around us and then makes their predictions maybe by ads in the paper information on the internet whatever their source it is not the Word.

oc

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  08/27/1959

do not put my beliefs in the phrophesy of men but in the promise of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ himself told us that only God knew the hour that He would return to Rapture His church. Mankind will make any claim in order to appear to tell the truth but the Truth Lives in Jesus Christ. When will it happen? I don't know and honestly I trust God to know when the timing is right and Jesus will come for us. Authors like Hal Lindsey and others are only human and in that state they know no more or less than anyone else on this planet so anyone's "guess" is pure conjecture at this point. What I want to see is my Lord and Savior when I kneal before him and have him tell me if I had done his will. I don't expect riches either here or in heaven just being with my Lord and Savior is reward enough for me. If I did have a wish to be filled that would be that all my friends and family be there with me when Jesus conquors satan and his minions and binds them in the lake of fire. I would ask that God give me voice to sing His praises and to honor him for all eternity.

I am just a lowly human, not the brightest bulb on the tree so to speak but I do want to be the servant that Jesus would have me be. Not a kig or a queen but a servant in His house would be more than enough treasure for me in his house.

Create in me Lord a clean, servant heart to serve you and honor you and to know you and what your wish is for me to do for you. Remove from me all inequity and hate and poison that stains my soul and please cleanse me in the blood of Jesus which was shed for me on the cross. I ask this in Jesus's name Father. AMEN :thumbsup: