• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I think that this Pope is seriously out of touch ...

Think that maybe he might be just a little sympathetic to the Aryan race?

I don't want to cast aspersions, but the man was a Hitler youth. It's well known, and proven, that the Hitler youth were brainwashed.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get all the hating on the Pope here?

I think what he said is 100% true. I don't think he's being realistic about it actually happening anytime soon...but real peace wouldn't depend on a wall keeping people apart no matter who we are or where we live.

If the Arabs would repent of their hatred of jews and their desire to destroy Israel, then Israel could take down the walls

Guest shiloh357

The problem with what the Pope said is this incessant need to make the Israelis and Palestinians morally equivalent where this conflict is concerned.

Most other countries would have simply obliterated the Palestinians in response to terror, suicide bombers and such being perpetrated on their own soil.

The fact that Israel's major response to terror has been to provide a security buffer shows that Israel's morality is not only superior to what we see from the Palestinian side, but is even superior to that of other countries who would no doubt destroy any entity that was fomenting terrorism against them.

The most common and the most erroneous view of this conflict is that the Palestinians hate the Jews and the Jews hate the Palestinians and they have this tit-for-tat cycle of violence going on between them because they just can't get along. It is an attempt to make both sides appear just as guilty for the continuation of the conflict, which is simply not true.

Comparing the morality of Israel to the morality of the Palestinians is like comparing the morality of the Firefighter with that of the arsonist.

Unfortunately, the Pope chooses to take the "moral equivalency" approach in order to appear even-handed, but his comment demonstrates a woeful lack of knowledge of the history and dynamics of this conflict.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

I don't want to cast aspersions, but the man was a Hitler youth. It's well known, and proven, that the Hitler youth were brainwashed.

During that time - he nor his family had any choice, but to be a Hitler Youth... and he wasn't one for very long. No, I do not think he is brainwashed or is antisemitic. I think that he is out of touch with reality regarding some of the 'problems' of his own church (i.e. sexual misconduct by priests, abuse by those in power over Irish children in Catholic orphanages for many years, birth control, his views on middle east "peace" etc.) This pope is an academic - he is very well educated and doesn't appear to be the "Pope of the people" the way Pope John Paul was. He has an image of peace in the middle east that is extremely naiive, IMO. I wish him well. Blessings.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.06
  • Days Won:  78

During that time - he nor his family had any choice, but to be a Hitler Youth... and he wasn't one for very long. No, I do not think he is brainwashed or is antisemitic. I think that he is out of touch with reality regarding some of the 'problems' of his own church (i.e. sexual misconduct by priests, abuse by those in power over Irish children in Catholic orphanages for many years, birth control, his views on middle east "peace" etc.) This pope is an academic - he is very well educated and doesn't appear to be the "Pope of the people" the way Pope John Paul was. He has an image of peace in the middle east that is extremely naiive, IMO. I wish him well. Blessings.

It's true that being part of the Hitler Youth was NOT optional; he would have had no choice but to participate. I do have reservations about anyone who was indoctrinated by the Nazis though, even if through no fault of their own. I don't understand the whole concept of a Pope anyway; nor the need for one. Where in the Bible does God call for a man in golden robes, living in a palace, to represent Him on earth?? :laugh:

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

It's true that being part of the Hitlet Youth was NOT optional; he would have had no choice but to participate. I do have reservations about anyone who was indoctrinated by the Nazis though, even if through no fault of their own. I don't understand the whole concept of a Pope anyway; nor the need for one. Where in the Bible does God call for a man in golden robes, living in a palace, to represent Him on earth?? :laugh:

Why did some TV evangelists need huge estates, lavish lifestyles and theme parks? Other religions have church leaders - I do not know that they live in such opulence, but ... who knows? :047:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.06
  • Days Won:  78

Why did some TV evangelists need huge estates, lavish lifestyles and theme parks? Other religions have church leaders - I do not know that they live in such opulence, but ... who knows? :laugh:

I've asked myself this many, many times. They always ask for money to do good works. It seems to me they could do a lot MORE if they didn't live like sultans. JMHO.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  788
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1979

BETHLEHEM, West Bank (Reuters) - Pope Benedict on Wednesday said the fortified Israeli wall dividing Bethlehem from Jerusalem could be taken down, if Israel and the Palestinians could remove the walls around their hearts.

http://mobile.reuters.com/mobile/m/FullArt...513?src=RSS-WOR

That is unlikely, to say the least. Israel and Palestine have both gone all-in towards Mutually Assured Destruction. It really would take an act of God to save the Middle East from itself and the world.

Guest shiloh357
BETHLEHEM, West Bank (Reuters) - Pope Benedict on Wednesday said the fortified Israeli wall dividing Bethlehem from Jerusalem could be taken down, if Israel and the Palestinians could remove the walls around their hearts.

http://mobile.reuters.com/mobile/m/FullArt...513?src=RSS-WOR

That is unlikely, to say the least. Israel and Palestine have both gone all-in towards Mutually Assured Destruction. It really would take an act of God to save the Middle East from itself and the world.

No they have not. Israel is not trying to destroy the Palestinians. There is nothing mutual about any desire for destruction. Israel simply wants to be left alone in peace. It is the Palestinians who seek Israel's destruction.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

This is the same man that signed a document promising not to proselytize the Jews, right?

Is this the RCC's modern method of insuring the destruction of Israel? :thumbsup:

The RCC has never been a champion of the Jews....read the story of the Vatican's actions after WWII.

ITA!

What??? :noidea:

I

Totally

Agree

:huh:

Oh! I never heard that one before. Learning something new every day. :wub:

Amen to that sister!