The Latest From Susan Boyle

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

"we feel better about ourselves knowing that an old ugly woman can get a shot at 15 minutes of fame."

She's not old; she's only three years older than me and, I might point out. four years YOUNGER than Sharon Stone! And I don't think she's all that ugly either; most women's beauty is the result of makeup expertise and she's just one who hasn't acquired the knack. I do notice it's only men whom I've observed trashing Miss Boyle's appearance and talent. What's up with that? :noidea:

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"we feel better about ourselves knowing that an old ugly woman can get a shot at 15 minutes of fame."

She's not old; she's only three years older than me and, I might point out. four years YOUNGER than Sharon Stone! And I don't think she's all that ugly either; most women's beauty is the result of makeup expertise and she's just one who hasn't acquired the knack. I do notice it's only men whom I've observed trashing Miss Boyle's appearance and talent. What's up with that? :noidea:

I'm speaking in terms of the music business.

22 is too old for a solo artist.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

She's not old; she's only three years older than me and, I might point out. four years YOUNGER than Sharon Stone! And I don't think she's all that ugly either; most women's beauty is the result of makeup expertise and she's just one who hasn't acquired the knack. I do notice it's only men whom I've observed trashing Miss Boyle's appearance and talent. What's up with that? :21:

What about the 'ugly' part?? :noidea:

She's not old; she's only three years older than me and, I might point out. four years YOUNGER than Sharon Stone! And I don't think she's all that ugly either; most women's beauty is the result of makeup expertise and she's just one who hasn't acquired the knack. I do notice it's only men whom I've observed trashing Miss Boyle's appearance and talent. What's up with that? :21:

how many famous solo singers (bands don't count) can you name that are not beautiful people?

Meatloaf.

who else???

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

She's not old; she's only three years older than me and, I might point out. four years YOUNGER than Sharon Stone! And I don't think she's all that ugly either; most women's beauty is the result of makeup expertise and she's just one who hasn't acquired the knack. I do notice it's only men whom I've observed trashing Miss Boyle's appearance and talent. What's up with that? :blink:

how many famous solo singers (bands don't count) can you name that are not beautiful people?

Meatloaf.

who else???

I think she's got a lovely, sweet face and a wonderful voice. Awww! Shame on you- she's lovely. :21:

Yod... be nice. She has such a friendly smile and lovely skin... Her eyes sparkle with mischief and her voice is so pretty. No - she is not Alicia Keys, or Carrie Underwood or a gorgeous young woman ... she is a mature and lovely lady. Thank God that He Loves us and thinks we are all precious and beautiful to our Father. :noidea:

Guest LadyC

even the most professional singer with years of vocal training has "off" performances from time to time. and most of those times, it's in front of an audience that paid major bucks to see them.

i'm listening to the video now. yes, she missed a couple of notes in the beginning of the song. so what? that could be polished out in a studio SO easily! the woman has more raw talent than most pros have in their little finger. and in fact, she has more vocal command than most pros have.

solo artists that aren't thin & beautiful... ann wilson (yes, she and her sister were a duo, but she did the majority of the singing while her sister looked pretty on the guitar and did backup vocals). wynona. seal. tommy shaw. (didn't he do some solo stuff?) pete townsend.

and why limit it to solo performers? i'm really curious about that. why ask only about unattractive solo performers and not unattractive performers who are part of a band?

the world doesn't want "ugly" or "old" or "fat", that's true. the industry wants to sell sex. and it's a terrible shame that we, the public, buy into that.

Thank God that He Loves us and thinks we are all precious and beautiful to our Father. :noidea:

Well of course God does.

But it is still true that man looks on the outside.

Thank God that He Loves us and thinks we are all precious and beautiful to our Father. :noidea:

Well of course God does.

But it is still true that man looks on the outside.

I guess you are right and how sad that people do that. I was very vain as a teenager and young adult - and I started, as part of an internship, working with people with serious mental and physical handicaps. I was so... upset - at first. And then, as I got used to the patients and the interaction - I found the most amazing thing happening to me - they were the most loving and beautiful people I've ever known. I got "over myself" big time that year. I do not think I've looked at people the same since. I am an amateur photographer and artist - I love to study aged and craggy faces and have photographed faces which are etched in time and wrinkles and age - I think they are beautiful. Old farmers, workers, the homeless - some people's faces are a study in humility, suffering, joy and time... I have for the last 30 years found very few people I thought ugly or disgusting to look at. Isn't that something??? I know, Yod...I'm weird... sigh.