OneLight

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Scripture follows a pattern it has already set. If it were a day equals a thousand years, the the first 69 weeks would of had to of been, if my math is correct, 483,000 years, and the last week 7,000 years. I think you burned supper on that one!

If someone burned supper, it was the author of this verse.

2 Peter 3

8 But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Who do you think wrote that? I can tell you for sure it wasn't me.

LOL ... your application of this verse to the 70th week is what I am talking about. Did the first 69 weeks last 483,000 years? If not, the the last week will not be 7,000 years. :blink:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scripture follows a pattern it has already set. If it were a day equals a thousand years, the the first 69 weeks would of had to of been, if my math is correct, 483,000 years, and the last week 7,000 years. I think you burned supper on that one!

What is your response to this?

Didn't Israel sign a treaty with Egypt back in the 70s?

Or doesn't that count?

If someone burned supper, it was the author of this verse.

2 Peter 3

8 But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Who do you think wrote that? I can tell you for sure it wasn't me.

LOL ... your application of this verse to the 70th week is what I am talking about. Did the first 69 weeks last 483,000 years? If not, the the last week will not be 7,000 years. :blink:

It seems you have misread what I posted about the 70th week. I'll post it again and want you to read it very carefully.

As for the beginning of the 70th week, does anyone know for sure, beyond a shadow of a doubt, how long that week will be?

I posted the verse to give you something to think about. I never stated that it should be applied toward the 70th week.

How long is the 70th week? Do you know?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Ummm . . . I think your math is incorrect.

483,000 years?

Even science doesn't claim Homo sapiens to be that old!

Or doesn't that count?

Sure, but is Egypt the revised Roman Empire? Israel has signed agreements before, but it is not the covenant Daniel is talking of, unless you have something to add from scripture that would bring this into consideration.

Or doesn't that count?

Sure, but is Egypt the revised Roman Empire? Israel has signed agreements before, but it is not the covenant Daniel is talking of, unless you have something to add from scripture that would bring this into consideration.

Where in Daniel is the "revised Roman Empire" mentioned?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Or doesn't that count?

Where exactly does it say revised Roman Empire? It doesn't really that is what most have assumed though. Certainly the legs can be counted towards the division in the roman empire but certainly there was a another 'kingdom' that came up after Rome that took more land than any other kingdom that has since shattered and regrouped and is spread across the lands. this kingdom was centered in what was the eastern leg of the roman empire also. Tell me how can the revised roman empire of today be the one who is going to supposedly make Israel sign anything? I'm sure that they would love to be involved and think they might be on some level but fractured as they are they can only make a lot of noise.

Yes, there are many beliefs that have come out of men ideas concerning the last days. I have already stated that I am not schooled in prophecy and that is the reason why I asked the question. This thread can go in so many directions, and if there is someone who is knowledgeable about Eschatology would like to step up, I would gladly like to hear from them, but until someone does, can we keep this to my OP where I asked about the "peace treaty"?

I don't mind discussing this, but lets focus on one thing at a time.

call it what you want but a "covenant with the many" seems to indicate some kind of treaty or international agreement.

I think that Prince Abdullah of Jordan is the key to a treaty that divides Jerusalem and will cause all the nations of the Earth to come against Israel when they can not abide it.

He is making a "covenant with the many" which includes 57 Arab nations. This, of course, will have to be backed up by the EU, the UN, The USA, and the G10

Abdullah is the KING of Jordan..... :blink:

One of the princes of Jordan wants to be the new king of Iraq! I think Jordan's king will play a big role during this time also. The king is becoming very vocal about this peace process and even stating a war will happen in 18 months if things don't move forward. Such a power keg right now!

Blessings Brothers and Sisters, In Jesus Name!

While reading through Daniel, I came across this scripture:

Daniel 9:27 (King James Version)

And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

In this scripture, Daniel only speaks of a covenant. There is no mention of peace at all. Searching the meaning of covenant, the closest I can come up with is the word treaty. Treaties are not always peaceful in nature.

While this set me back a little, because I had always said one of the signs of the times will be a signing of a peace treaty with Israel, I had to realize that this may not happen. Doing a little research, I came across one site where someone had posted that it was the western Christians who placed the word peace with the treaty from what was said in 1 Thessalonians 5:3 (New King James Version)

For when they say,