IGNORED

Does anyone remember the 1979 Iranian Revolution?

nebula

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

high nebula

i also was young i was born in 67 and we came out to australia in 1971 but my parents and uncle would know of the iranian revolution

what i am seeing on tv and wil be looking at threw u tube and face book and twiter is what the goverment is not showing the world students and protesters have been sending pics of what has been happening i feel we wil see a revolution again what puzzles me how can he lie on tv and to his own people and say it was a fair election that election was dishonest one lady was holding a sign saying what about my vote

it looks like to me the people are wanting freedom and a new leader

but i notice obama is keeping silent trying to not bring down the tehranian goverment and its people

to catch up with what is going on go on line to twiter if you are with face book or y tube

7 people have been kiled and i feel we wil hear of more deaths

i know when we broke free it was a revolution my people stood up to the serbs and formed ther own state yugoslavia has a new name it is no longer caled yugoslavia so i know how the protestors are feeling if you hav not lived in countrys like mine or what my fiances people felt when the americans came and set the filapinos free you cant realy under stand whats stiring in the air and whats realy going on to why people do what they do

i am proud of what my people did

so this has me hooked and i am reading and watching we have an iranian comunity in canberra

and in melbourne iranians sung their national anthem holding signs supporting whats hapening at home

damo1

The serbs let you go you mean and did not go free by yourself.But you are not better off now than before.The reason being that you may have a flag and a new name or a new leader but you are still not free.

Yes the persians did change the shah of persia with khomeini hoping for the best.

These days we have economic dependency -most of people owe money - and that is a form of slavery.We only get free when we pay for things we have money for.More importantly when we believe in God and Jesus that is when we become really free.

Blessings

georgedrw81

you did this in a post in this forum and one light said something to you you know nothing of what realy happend the press lied and all the world saw what the press was showing them stop saying belive in god and jesus and that is when we realy become free gessh we are free you just dont get it and their are croations ready to die if the serbs ever try what they did in the pass

the serbs did not let us go did you read what i said or are you trying to make me look stupid ? we stood up to the serbs and if the serbs had ther way what hitler did to the jews the croatians and muslims and people of kosavo would have ended up in the same situation we lost a relative and my brother lost all his friends he went to school with he is know a croatian soidler prottecting the croatian people

you certainly have fallen for what the press allowed you to see and this is what amazes me people like your self dont go to the source instead they belive in what the press is saying to them

near futer when you see something that i have left in this forum say nothing seems to me you try too put your self abov certain posters you want to make look stupid

do you think that i am a flake by what i am leaving in this forum ? thats how revolutions start when people have had enough of being over ruled by a dictator

our country was being ruled by a dictator the serbs only saw them selves as the true yugoslavians and wanted only one race ruling yugoslavia if they had ther way i would not be hear today

dont give me what the press showed you and what it says in wiki and the negative things you would have heard no country is better of is your country better of than the situation yugoslavia is in know and what we see hapening in iran should alll nonbelivers listen to what you have been saying ? and bow to dictators and let dictators rule them this is what its about a group of people sticking together not caving in and standing up to the bullies even if it means loosing your life

damo1

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

America supported the oppressive rule of the Shah of Iran with weapons and such. He plundered the country's wealth for his own family. It was a secular government, and the Shah exiled the religious leaders, the main one being the ayatollah Khomeini, who was in France. Anyway, the Shah got cancer and came to the US for treatment while the Shah's military forcefully attempted to put do the revolution of the people; many, many more than now. The ayatollah was allowed back into the country, the people overthrew the Shah and invaded our Embassy and took our people hostage. They were hostages for 444 days. Carter sent the military on a rescue mission which failed miserably in the desert of Iran. The hostages were released on the day that Ronald Reagan was sworn in as President.

They were actually rescued by a Canadian outfit.

No they weren't. They were released by the Iranians minutes after Reagan was sworn in.

Oh well...I looked it up. Some of the hostages were taken out of Iran by the Canadian embassy which gave them Canadian passports, basically making monkeys out of the Iranians. This was done early on in the hostage's imprisonment. I remember the 'Thank You, Canada!" billboards facing Canada that were put up on the American side of the Ambassador bridge in Detroit too....now that my memory was jogged. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.85
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Then I stand corrected.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.85
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Upon further review.......read this.

up date from what i am hearing more protests and the police are taking it out on the protestors and more deaths i am listening to sbs world news up dates and wil be watching sbs world news in australia tonight

i also watched sbs last week and they showed the seige and hostages that were taken back then it was a documentary i found it intresting listening to the cia agents sharing how they had a tuf task resquing the american hostages

even the students who took over the embacy and the hostages were interviewed

very strange though how they all thought that what they were doing they would be seen as heroes

if dictators were alowed to rule their countrys like with what we see happening in north korea

can we realy say what is happening know in iran that the ones protesting should just cave in and shut up and alow them selves to be ruled by a dictator

what gets up my nose no one talks to the source instead we hear what wiki has to say we listen to the press and we alow the press to tell us what we need to hear

what was going on in yugoslavia the world was shown what its president wanted the world to see the serbs did not want to be seen as the bad guys the serbs wanted to be seen as the good guys and the muslims living in yugoslavia and the people of kosavo and us croatians as the bad guys the serbians wanted america to come behind them and other countrys to come behind them

genocide was happening while the world was sleeping and ignoring the peoples pleas

thats why i said what i said to georgedw81 i dont want to hear what wiki has too say i notice a lot of memebrs who belong to on line christian forums go to wiki they say wiki is to be trusted its a trusted site it gives out accurate information and the stats are acurate i say hog wash and talk to the source

if the press were alowed to air what we were wanting them to air to the world i can place a $50 dollar bet that everyone who belongs to this forum and the members hear would be shocked your jaws would hit the floor

as a boy i was scared i was mad and i was saying god wear are you why are you alowing evil men to harm us and mame us

i am very lucky to be hear today and every day i thank god for alowing my family a way to leave yugoslaivia

going over nebulas topic listening to whats been said and hearing diffrent oppinions i am seeing that some dont realy under stand what its like to live under a dictator or do the ones who belong to countrys that hav not experianced war or genocide to even imagine what goes threw a childs mind

i was only young when we came to australia and i feel for the iranians so far we have had no marches hear or peac full protests like melbourne has had canberra is our national capital

for george to leave what he or she had left showed me they have no clue or are clue less

the protestors want the world to see what realy is going on and its goverment is saying no we wil not show the world what realy is going on

we should be praying for that countrys it looks to me thes protestors are wiling to die just like my people were willing to die

the philippines news shows dead bodys i was viewing a shoot out and you saw the cars and the police and the criminals and you heard the bullets being fired when a body is shown on the evening news you see the blood and you see the persons face nothing is covered you are even taken to the court hearings and you are shown their jails and the news team interviews the inmates

the people that are protesting know in iran dont want religon ruling them so i gues we wil see if islam rules or if the people win

damo1

Yes

Well . . . what do you remember????!!

The Same Type Of Hooligans That Are Raising Cain Today

Were Hailed As Hero's In Their 1979 Lawlessness

By The Same Islamic Government

That Is Complaining

About Them

Today

Funny How That Works Out

For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind:

Hosea 8;7(a)

This Time I'm Praying For The Hooligans To Establish True Peace In Persia

So The Gospel Can Continue To Freely Go Forth

And That The Slaves Are Released

And Comforted

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

i notice a lot of memebrs who belong to on line christian forums go to wiki they say wiki is to be trusted its a trusted site it gives out accurate information and the stats are acurate i say hog wash and talk to the source

That's why I went to Conservapedia. :)

Anyway, thanks for the update.

And, I would be interested in hearing your description of what happened in Yugoslavia. Would you mind starting a new thread to share what happened?

i notice a lot of memebrs who belong to on line christian forums go to wiki they say wiki is to be trusted its a trusted site it gives out accurate information and the stats are acurate i say hog wash and talk to the source

That's why I went to Conservapedia. :)

Anyway, thanks for the update.

And, I would be interested in hearing your description of what happened in Yugoslavia. Would you mind starting a new thread to share what happened?

high nebula

i wil do this tonight but can i ask if i do start a thread on what happend in yugoslavia can i ask you and a few of the members i trust to come behind me my grammer is not that good and i am improving since i first came hear to this forum nebula i wil come before god and i will pray first he has healed me and he has set me free but i am praying over my brother

if i can get you and a few of the older members who know me i will start up a new thread in this forum on what realy happend in yugoslavia i just dont want people going to wiki and saying this is what wiki is saying to what happend in yugoslavia when i wanted to find out why the aborigonal people were treated so bad by the australian govement i did not liten to the history books i went to the source god put some good aborigonal christians around me who told me what realy happend they are our true australians but white australians put what i was taught to the side

damo1 :blink:

In some reports on the current situation in Iran, I've been hearing about the 1979 Iranian Revolution.

Does anyone here recall this?

I was too young to have appreciated what was going on at the time.

i was playing as the house band at a bar where they had 2 Iranians working as bartenders. One supported the Shah and the other supported the Islamic Revolution.

Guess which one was a decent guy?

The one who supported the Shah was in America going to college but all of his assets were frozen by Jimmy Carter and he couldn't finish school. Had to get a job in a dive bar.

I remember the shame of having a worthless President as a leader. America was impotent while college kids took the American Embassy hostage for 444 days of taunting and national humiliation.

That's why Reagan won so easily....

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

can i ask you and a few of the members i trust to come behind me my grammer is not that good and i am improving since i first came hear to this forum

Sure! Would you like to PM me and I can edit it?