WN: Washington reiterates support for Israel - Jerusalem Post

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.46
  • Content Count:  44,373
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

The Obama Administration insistently reiterated its support for Israel this weekend after a Jerusalem Post poll found that only 6 percent of Jewish Israelis now consider Barack Obama's presidency to be pro-Israel.

http://www.worthynews.com/top/jpost-com-se...rticle-Printer/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

This statement says it all:

"It's a very sad day when an American president can make the Israeli people believe that he is more pro-Palestinian than pro-Israeli," said RJC spokeswoman Shari Hillman.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Obama has to make Israel know we are behind them....he's really walking a tightrope in the Middle East right now.

• Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

I think all these statement's of support are nothing more than our government saying "trust me". Israel has no choice but to take such comments with a grain of salt and keep looking of their shoulder waiting and preparing for the "gotcha" moment to come.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,043
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

I think all these statement's of support are nothing more than our government saying "trust me". Israel has no choice but to take such comments with a grain of salt and keep looking of their shoulder waiting and preparing for the "gotcha" moment to come.

I agree . . . just like he is expecting us to trust him while he destroys the nation he responsible for . . . .

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I don't believe the current administration is going to walk away from Israel. Like I said, Obama is walking a tightrope right now. We do not see the real deal. I remember the harsh words Ariel Sharon was throwing at President Bush in 2001 or 2002, somewhere around there. It was whispered about as an orchestrated 'disagreement' to get Mr. Bush's plan through on something about Palestine. Didn't work though. We all need to watch and let our representatives know that we expect our government to support Israel.

Guest shiloh357

The problem lies in what they define as "support." I think most Israelis and those of us who "support" Israel maintain a far different definition of that concept than definition the White House is working from.