• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Babylon is representative of the Catholic Church

I might be mistaken, but I find that correlation a bit of a stretch?

It can be shown from revelation that the city called babylon in revelation is Rome, the center of catholicism. and the city has a false religion associated with it, which must be catholicism because that is the religion centered in Rome.

Revelation 17:1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:

Revelation 17:4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

Revelation 17:5 And upon her forehead [was] a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Whoredom in the bible is false religion. The woman has a name mystery, babylon the great.

The babylonian mystery religion is baal worship which spread into many different lands when the people were scattered from the tower of babel. A form of baal worship got into the old pagan roman religion, and many of these pagan practices got into roman catholicism. So, Roman catholicism is the babylonian mystery religion mixed with Christianity; all mixed up together.

Purple and scarlet are catholic colors. Scarlet the color of cardinals and purple the priesthood.

Revelation 17:18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

Reigneth is present tense to the time of the writing. Rome was the city that reigned over the kings of the earth at the time of the writing. The woman is a city, she is also a whore, [false religion] and it must be the city of Rome that is refered to because rome is the city that reigned when John wrote that.--the religion centered in rome is catholicism.

[ John is calling Rome babylon. This is not unusual for John to call a city by the name of another city to make a spiritual comparison. John calls Jerusalem, where our Lord was crucified, Sodom and Egypt to make a spiritual comparison.

Revelation 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.]

A description of the destruction of the city called babylon shows that it cannot be Babylon in Iraq. It says that men standing in ships will see the smoke of the city burning. You cannot see the smoke of babylon in Iraq burning from the sea. It is far from the sea and is land locked. Rome is a port city which is next to the sea and the company in ships can see Rome burning from the sea.

Revelation 18:17 For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,

Revelation 18:18 And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!

So the fall of Babylon in Revelation is about the destruction of the city of Rome and the religion centered in Rome which is catholicism.

I think the antichrist must order rome and catholicism destroyed before he can set up the worship of himself at Jerusalem during the last 3.5 years till the end.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

Has Babylon been falling for thousands of years in many different ways, all of which collectively take place in mere instant from the timeless, ageless perspective of God?

When anything of the fallen, carnal world falls, is that not an example of Babylon falling?

So when Rome fell, it was also Babylon falling?

When the American Revolution occurred, was it a case of Babylon falling in Old Europe to be replaced with a new system that was a bit more in line with the will of God, still imperfect but at least less imperfect?

When slavery was abolished in the US was it a case of Babylon falling?

When the markets crashed in 1929, was it a case of Babylon falling?

The fall of communism?

The French Revolution?

All these things fall to be replaced with things better, but which will also fall in time to be replaced with things yet better than before, until eventually all falls with the great return of Jesus Christ.

Or a better way to phrase it........aren't all these things the first crumblings of Babylon before the final triumphant fall?

No they are not because not all of these fallings fit the description of Babylon in the bible. Not every merchant in the world were influenced or even did business with France or a communist dominated world. Neither did America do business with the whole world at the time of the revolution.

These things might be considered to be an example of the fall of Babylon but unless they match what the bible says about the Babylon spoken of in the book of Revelation they can not be the same or even associated with it.

It can be shown from revelation that the city called babylon in revelation is Rome, the center of catholicism. and the city has a false religion associated with it, which must be catholicism because that is the religion centered in Rome.

Revelation 17:1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:

Revelation 17:4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

Revelation 17:5 And upon her forehead [was] a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Whoredom in the bible is false religion. The woman has a name mystery, babylon the great.

The babylonian mystery religion is baal worship which spread into many different lands when the people were scattered from the tower of babel. A form of baal worship got into the old pagan roman religion, and many of these pagan practices got into roman catholicism. So, Roman catholicism is the babylonian mystery religion mixed with Christianity; all mixed up together.

Purple and scarlet are catholic colors. Scarlet the color of cardinals and purple the priesthood.

Revelation 17:18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

Reigneth is present tense to the time of the writing. Rome was the city that reigned over the kings of the earth at the time of the writing. The woman is a city, she is also a whore, [false religion] and it must be the city of Rome that is refered to because rome is the city that reigned when John wrote that.--the religion centered in rome is catholicism.

[ John is calling Rome babylon. This is not unusual for John to call a city by the name of another city to make a spiritual comparison. John calls Jerusalem, where our Lord was crucified, Sodom and Egypt to make a spiritual comparison.

Revelation 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.]

A description of the destruction of the city called babylon shows that it cannot be Babylon in Iraq. It says that men standing in ships will see the smoke of the city burning. You cannot see the smoke of babylon in Iraq burning from the sea. It is far from the sea and is land locked. Rome is a port city which is next to the sea and the company in ships can see Rome burning from the sea.

Revelation 18:17 For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,

Revelation 18:18 And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!

So the fall of Babylon in Revelation is about the destruction of the city of Rome and the religion centered in Rome which is catholicism.

I think the antichrist must order rome and catholicism destroyed before he can set up the worship of himself at Jerusalem during the last 3.5 years till the end.

So as best as I can tell all of these scripture you have quoted and your interpretations are nothing more then spectulation of what the word of God is telling us. Right?

Where in scripture does it tell us that Babylon " is " the Catholic church? Where in the bible does it tell us that the whole would will be doing business with all of the merchents of the would? Where in the bible does it tell us that Catholism " will be" the one world religion?

In verse 3 of Chapter 18 it speaks of how the "merchants of the earth" were made or waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. In verse 9 the bible speaks of how the Kings of the earth have commited fornication and lived deliciously with her shall bewail her and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke the smoke of her burning.

We have no idea as to which city in the world is this Mystery Babylon because the word of God has kept it a secret from us. That is why God calls this city "Mystery Babylon". So to say that it is this city or that city is only an assumption that has no scriptural back up. In verse 9 that word "see" is speaking of being able to see with the mind without seeing with the naked eye.

Here is what my research has shown me

Revelation 18:1

And after these things I saw another angel come

down from heaven, having great power; and the earth

was lightened with his glory.

The only angel of God whose light shines so bright that it

lights up the whole earth is Christ Jesus

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

So as best as I can tell all of these scripture you have quoted and your interpretations are nothing more then spectulation of what the word of God is telling us. Right?

Where in scripture does it tell us that Babylon " is " the Catholic church? Where in the bible does it tell us that the whole would will be doing business with all of the merchents of the would? Where in the bible does it tell us that Catholism " will be" the one world religion?

http://www.biblebelievers.com/babylon/

Go to that website and read online book, THE TWO BABYLONS by Alexander Hislop

He proves in detail why catholicism and rome can be considered babylon and matches it to scripture.

The book is a Christian classic that has been around for a long time.

It can be shown from revelation that the city called Babylon in revelation is Rome, the center of catholicism. and the city has a false religion associated with it, which must be catholicism because that is the religion centered in Rome.

http://www.biblebelievers.com/babylon/

Go to that website and read online book, THE TWO BABYLONS by Alexander Hislop

He proves in detail why catholicism and rome can be considered babylon and matches it to scripture.

The book is a Christian classic that has been around for a long time.

Brother one can find anything thay want to match up with there ideas anywhere but is it true or does it line up with scripture? These question I have asked are straight to the point questions and when I asked them I knew that they could not be answered by scripture because the answers do not exist in the bible which means that if the bible doesn't say it then it is not.

And I don't need to be reading any book written by a man that tells me what the bible says but in reality does not. My own belief is that the one would religion will be Islam and the Pope will serve as the false prophet until the antichrist takes him out of the way.

But I can't prove that by using scripture so I don't teach it nor will I ever try to match my un-provable belief with scripture by bending the word to fit my ideas.

I have read parts of The Two Babylons and what I found was Catholic bashing. Though I do not agree with Catholicism I do not like to bash them.

Has Babylon been falling for thousands of years in many different ways, all of which collectively take place in mere instant from the timeless, ageless perspective of God?

When anything of the fallen, carnal world falls, is that not an example of Babylon falling?

So when Rome fell, it was also Babylon falling?

When the American Revolution occurred, was it a case of Babylon falling in Old Europe to be replaced with a new system that was a bit more in line with the will of God, still imperfect but at least less imperfect?

When slavery was abolished in the US was it a case of Babylon falling?

When the markets crashed in 1929, was it a case of Babylon falling?

The fall of communism?

The French Revolution?

All these things fall to be replaced with things better, but which will also fall in time to be replaced with things yet better than before, until eventually all falls with the great return of Jesus Christ.

Or a better way to phrase it........aren't all these things the first crumblings of Babylon before the final triumphant fall?

Dear friend, God does not deal in esoterics. Babylon is representative of the Catholic Church, it's false doctrines and dominating theologies. This is not a rant. This is the actual meaning of Babylon in the Bible, (Revelation). In the broader and more spiritual sense, Babylon means all of those in the Christian church who seek to be worshipped above God and seek to be glorified before God and who seek to dominate in the domain of the hearts and minds of God's children. This is the spiritual sense. There is no allegory in the Bible. We create the allegories. The Word is pure truth. Plain and simple. God cannot lie. And if you believe that the Bible is the Word of God you must believe also that God will not say anything that does not have absolute, spiritual and eternal meaning from His perspective FIRST. These falls and rises of the kingdoms of men, their religions and so on are all known to God before us. Our knowledge is after the fact. But God deals in eternals. His perspective is infinite. Of all of the things that exist in this world ONLY the human soul is the infinite of potential. Therefore all of the Word of God is meant to address our eternal nature. Our eternal souls. The kingdoms and religions of men are not eternal. God's word is eternal, and thus has within it all of the Divine Truth of all matters pertaining to the eternal souls of His beloved Children. US. Recognize that the "better things" of which you speak are not the things of this world, but the things of the kingdom of God, which is eternal. These things are love, mercy, kindness, selflessness, and all of the spiritual and eternal values that are of God, as taught by Christ Jesus. These were the spirit of the Gospel. Not the death and resurrection of the Lord. For while the resurrection of Christ is for the benefit of the human soul. It is the human soul that must confess the Lord willingly in order to reap the reward. The confession is not enough. Your soul must become the "better thing" not by means of the confession only, as some suppose, but by the doing of "better things in willing obedience to the One whom you confess. In this way do you marry your will to your words as Jesus did before the Father. Thus you become whole and ripened fruit in the garden of God. Jesus taught that falls and rises of kingdoms would come. "There will be wars and rumors of wars..." He spoke of these as being merely signs pointing to the birth of the Kingdom of God, which,"is within you". Therefore, look within yourself for these falls and rises for these are they which usher the Kingdom of God within your eternal soul. It was to these inner falls and rises that Jesus was referring as to the spiritual sense, the eternal sense. Hear the voice. Look within, not without.

Prove it. Show us where in the bible does it say "Babylon is the Catholic church". If it is not written in the bible it is a lie.

Dear friend, God does not deal in esoterics. Babylon is representative of the Catholic Church, it's false doctrines and dominating theologies. This is not a rant. This is the actual meaning of Babylon in the Bible, (Revelation). In the broader and more spiritual sense, Babylon means all of those in the Christian church who seek to be worshipped above God and seek to be glorified before God and who seek to dominate in the domain of the hearts and minds of God's children. This is the spiritual sense. There is no allegory in the Bible. We create the allegories. The Word is pure truth. Plain and simple. God cannot lie. And if you believe that the Bible is the Word of God you must believe also that God will not say anything that does not have absolute, spiritual and eternal meaning from His perspective FIRST. These falls and rises of the kingdoms of men, their religions and so on are all known to God before us. Our knowledge is after the fact. But God deals in eternals. His perspective is infinite. Of all of the things that exist in this world ONLY the human soul is the infinite of potential. Therefore all of the Word of God is meant to address our eternal nature. Our eternal souls. The kingdoms and religions of men are not eternal. God's word is eternal, and thus has within it all of the Divine Truth of all matters pertaining to the eternal souls of His beloved Children. US. Recognize that the "better things" of which you speak are not the things of this world, but the things of the kingdom of God, which is eternal. These things are love, mercy, kindness, selflessness, and all of the spiritual and eternal values that are of God, as taught by Christ Jesus. These were the spirit of the Gospel. Not the death and resurrection of the Lord. For while the resurrection of Christ is for the benefit of the human soul. It is the human soul that must confess the Lord willingly in order to reap the reward. The confession is not enough. Your soul must become the "better thing" not by means of the confession only, as some suppose, but by the doing of "better things in willing obedience to the One whom you confess. In this way do you marry your will to your words as Jesus did before the Father. Thus you become whole and ripened fruit in the garden of God. Jesus taught that falls and rises of kingdoms would come. "There will be wars and rumors of wars..." He spoke of these as being merely signs pointing to the birth of the Kingdom of God, which,"is within you". Therefore, look within yourself for these falls and rises for these are they which usher the Kingdom of God within your eternal soul. It was to these inner falls and rises that Jesus was referring as to the spiritual sense, the eternal sense. Hear the voice. Look within, not without.

The Thunder...

Catholicism is far too small to fit the bill.

Ever since the Tower of Babel, people have worshiped a Goddess (mother) and her son, a proverbial savior (son) that is contrary to the actual Son.

This Whore is not a single religion of today, my friend. It's all religions contrary to Christianity. It's the worship of creation over creator. It's rejection of the Son. But the Whore will only last so long- after the entire world is united under a single religion/government, the antichrist will do away with the Whore and redirect the worship and power to himself.

Catholics have taken waaaaaay too much credit.

The Bible can almost be called The Tale of Two Cities. Jerusalem, the city of peace/god... and Babylon, the city of man/sin. You can see all throughout the Bible that these two cities are in direct opposition with eachother... God the leader of one, Satan the other. There's a war on, my friend... and it isn't against Catholics.

I am with you poke.

Besides Christianity the other two most prominant religions in the middle east are Islam and Judism. And both of these religions are still waiting for their Messiah to return. Both are waiting for a Jewish Messiah to return and conqure and spread their beliefs world wide. There are more then one billion Muslims in this world and they will not be giving in to any Messiah who doesn't fit what the Quran says about him and guess what? Niether the Pope or the Catholic church fit in with what the Quran says about their Jewish Messiah. The Catholic church is considered to be the enemy of Islam and Islam is growing faster then any other religion in the world.

Those who think the Catholic church is going to be the one world religion need to open their eyes and minds to what is reallity in this world because like you said it is much bigger then the Catholic church is and there is way to much hate and disdain for the Catholic church by other religions like the Hindu's and Buddists.

Wake up and smell the coffee people because no one will ever convince 1 billion Muslims into praying to a woman named Mary instead of or inplace of Allah.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33

The Thunder...

Ever since the Tower of Babel, people have worshiped a Goddess (mother) and her son, a proverbial savior (son) that is contrary to the actual Son.

This Whore is not a single religion of today, my friend. It's all religions contrary to Christianity. It's the worship of creation over creator. It's rejection of the Son. But the Whore will only last so long- after the entire world is united under a single religion/government, the antichrist will do away with the Whore and redirect the worship and power to himself.

The Bible can almost be called The Tale of Two Cities. Jerusalem, the city of peace/god... and Babylon, the city of man/sin. You can see all throughout the Bible that these two cities are in direct opposition with eachother... God the leader of one, Satan the other. There's a war on, my friend... and it isn't against Catholics.

I am with you poke.

Besides Christianity the other two most prominant religions in the middle east are Islam and Judism. And both of these religions are still waiting for their Messiah to return. Both are waiting for a Jewish Messiah to return and conqure and spread their beliefs world wide. There are more then one billion Muslims in this world and they will not be giving in to any Messiah who doesn't fit what the Quran says about him and guess what? Niether the Pope or the Catholic church fit in with what the Quran says about their Jewish Messiah. The Catholic church is considered to be the enemy of Islam and Islam is growing faster then any other religion in the world.

Those who think the Catholic church is going to be the one world religion need to open their eyes and minds to what is reallity in this world because like you said it is much bigger then the Catholic church is and there is way to much hate and disdain for the Catholic church by other religions like the Hindu's and Buddists.

Wake up and smell the coffee people because no one will ever convince 1 billion Muslims into praying to a woman named Mary instead of or inplace of Allah.

One of the fastest growing Christian communities are in muslim countries.It may show on your id the word muslim but not in practice.

As far as Babylon falling means the failure of humans when God is not included.Each one of us is a babylon when we have a life without God and Jesus.

Blessings

The Thunder...

I am with you poke.

One of the fastest growing Christian communities are in muslim countries.It may show on your id the word muslim but not in practice.

As far as Babylon falling means the failure of humans when God is not included.Each one of us is a babylon when we have a life without God and Jesus.

Blessings

So where does it say that in scripture?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  830
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

Who is:

zera ishah

zero ishtar

zara thushtra

?

Ancient Aramaic, Hebrew, Chaldean (Babylonian), and Assyrian (a.k.a "Akkadian") was one and the same language, but with different dialects, consisting mainly in pronunciation due to the adding of different vowels to the same word, because the language was written without vowels, but pronounced with vowels:

SLM are the Roman-letter equivalents of the word shalom, which becomes shalom, salaam (Arabic) or salem (the orginal name of Jeru-salem - mechizedek was king of salem).

Gen3: 15 (look at the Hebrew words in brackets):

"And I will put enmity between you and the woman (ishah), and between your seed (zera) and her Seed (zera); He will bruise your head, and you shall bruise His heel."

zera ishah = Hebrew for "the seed of the woman"

zero ishtar = ancient Chaldean/Babylonian for "the seed of the woman"

Ishah was named Havah (Eve) because she was THE MOTHER OF ALL LIVING

Ishtar was the great Babylonian MOTHER-GODDESS, often depicted as a mother with a child at her breast, also often with a golden cup in her hand, also often as a woman riding on a bull with crescent horns.

Zara thushstra was the name of the ancient Persian "prophet" who the West knows as Zoroaster, according to the Lion Handbook to the World's religions.

The magi were Zoroastrian (zara-thustrian) priests who also served as emissaries for the Zoroastrian kings, who believed in one God, although they had His ways rather jumbled up.

zara thushtra

zero ishtar

zera ishah

According to "The Two Babylons" by Alexander Hislop, the ancient Babylonian word "zero" signified "the seed" - and he did not realize that zera is the Hebrew word for "the seed", neither did he realize that ishah is the Hebrew word for "woman".

The worship of the ancient Babylonian MOTHER-GODDESS and her "seed" was carried with the nations from the time of the dispersion from the Tower of Babel, taking on different forms and different myths associated with her worship, but even modern encyclopedias admit that Ishtar, the great Babylonian mother-goddess, and her "seed" were worshiped in Babylon, Assyria, Egypt, Greece and Rome - under various names.

Hislop provides abundant evidence that "Babylon the Great" is also "the mother" of Hinduism (and thus, Buddhism, since Buddhism is an off-shoot from Hinduism), as well as of all the pagan religions of ancient Babylon, Persia, Assyria, Arabia, Egypt, Greece and Rome. Even the Chinese Buddhists have myths similar to the myths of ancient Babylon.

In short, "Babylon the Great" is the mother of ALL (spiritual) harlots and of ALL the (religious) abominations of the earth.

Edited by lekh l'kha