• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/08/1976

I am amazed that this thread is continuing due to it degrading another ministry. May I suggest that the topic be inline with what someone like Benny teaches and not against him personally? We do not need to name names in order to discuss their beliefs.

What are the core beliefs that is bring brought forth?

Name it and claim it teachings.

Prosperity preaching.

I am Jesus teachings.

Adam having the ability to fly.

With one though, Adam could be on the moon.

That if you hold back from giving, you have the devils nature.

Saying that you are a Christian you are saying you are a little Christ here on this earth.

Touching someone who has the Holy Spirit is wrong and that you and your children will pay the price for you are playing with fire.

False prophesy.

These are just a few that is prevalent in such teaching, but are not limited to just one man.

ok, i'm confused. i just looked up benny hinn's website, and there is nothing about any of these things under their statement of faith--or any other part that i saw. how do you know these are "core beliefs" of this and other ministries? if these are core beliefs, wouldn't they be stated on the website?

:thumbsup:

No doubt he'd put something up there like that. But, you gotta dig further under the wool wig of that wolf. I've personaly seen a couple shows of his where he cursed death on everyone that stood against his ministry. Just for your own piece of mind, check out some of his words on Youtube. Or just google some of them. I assure you most of the above quotes are from him.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am amazed that this thread is continuing due to it degrading another ministry. May I suggest that the topic be inline with what someone like Benny teaches and not against him personally? We do not need to name names in order to discuss their beliefs.

What are the core beliefs that is bring brought forth?

Name it and claim it teachings.

Prosperity preaching.

I am Jesus teachings.

Adam having the ability to fly.

With one though, Adam could be on the moon.

That if you hold back from giving, you have the devils nature.

Saying that you are a Christian you are saying you are a little Christ here on this earth.

Touching someone who has the Holy Spirit is wrong and that you and your children will pay the price for you are playing with fire.

False prophesy.

These are just a few that is prevalent in such teaching, but are not limited to just one man.

ok, i'm confused. i just looked up benny hinn's website, and there is nothing about any of these things under their statement of faith--or any other part that i saw. how do you know these are "core beliefs" of this and other ministries? if these are core beliefs, wouldn't they be stated on the website?

:thumbsup:

Go to Youtube.

Do a search on Benny Hinn.

Or look *Edit links*

*Edit Link* something I believe is worth watching.

Just below "DO YOU BELIEVE IN MIRACLES?" you'll see a video link.

Check it out.

If anyone wants the link, PM me.

Edited by man
Against terms of service

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Why all this time spent on a Benny Hinn? In our books, David Jeremiah or John MacArthur are where it's all at, IE, Bible teaching minus the glorification of sending in your precious funds to Hinn's OmniMediaOrganization. Healing is listed near the bottom of the spiritual gifts: what if the Lord chooses NOT to heal someone? Isn't "To die is GAIN" a powerful verse in its own right? Does Hinn emphasize the (perhaps) NON-healing choice of the Blessed Holy Spirit of God? And let us know when Mr. Hinn holds his next - rather FIRST - Miracle Healing Crusade in an AIDS Ward...or more emphatically in the local cemetery! Didn't Jesus Christ raise dead people? Why not emulate the Savior then? Tell me when Hinn emphasizes a weekend on any of the other gifts such as a "Miracle Crusade On Encouragement!" or a "Miracle Crusade On The Spirit's Fruit!" or a "Miracle Crusade On Bringing Your Tithes To The Storehouse First & Foremost!" I pray for Hinn regularly as I pray for any evangelist, but in our most emphatic opinion, he needs to straighten up and fly right in the light of all scriptural understanding. Now I'm off to Starbucks down the street for a morning chit-chat & some loving devotions with a new Christian. It's on me, of course.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Why all this time spent on a Benny Hinn?

Good question. There are many people who teach falsely. The focus should be on the teachings and not the person. :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Good question. There are many people who teach falsely. The focus should be on the teachings and not the person. :thumbsup:

Well.... just my take on it - but Benny Hinn is the person specifically mentioned on the thread - so wouldn't he be the one being discussed? And yes - there are MANY false teachings and I think we should concentrate on those and not the person - maybe a moderator could change the name of the thread... :21:

Good question. There are many people who teach falsely. The focus should be on the teachings and not the person. :noidea:

You know, I thought about that too. Why name names? Why not just concentrate on the false teachings?

I've seen enough here to know that if the false teachings aren't connected to a body or group, it just get's swept under the rug. I don't like naming names and pointing fingers, but I believe this subject requires it. Many of those people are very well know and have ministries with congregations that number into the hundreds of thousands. They're on TV, they're on the radio, they are the authors of countless books and videos that are being snatched up daily by unsuspecting people.

"Jesus is not the only begotton son of God until he was born again in hell."

Did I just make that up, or is there a very prominent minister that's out there teaching that?

You gave a list of false teachings and this is the response you got.

...there is nothing about any of these things under their statement of faith--or any other part that i saw. how do you know these are "core beliefs" of this and other ministries? if these are core beliefs, wouldn't they be stated on the website?

This individual has a point, how do we know that? How are we to know those are the actual teachings of a ministry unless that ministry is brought forward?

In order to expose the lies, the liar has to be exposed. Otherwise people are just going to brush it off.

I know we're not supposed to talk against other ministries here, but if these ministries are teaching lies, can any of us honestly say they are true ministers of God? I for one do not believe they are. We can talk about the Jehovah Witness, the Mormon, the Seventh-day Adventist, but we're not supposed to discuss the ministries of these other false teachers. I don't understand that.

If what is being brought forward is the truth, how can it be wrong?

Just a thought.

:blink:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I completely agree, but until the ToS is changed, we should abide by it:

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

Even though I personally believe that those who are truly false teachers should be exposed, doing so goes against the Terms of Service we all agreed to.

Let's say that one person does not believe in a certain way that another believes in, and we all know this to be true, and called a certain preacher/teacher false due to this. Defaming the preacher/teacher because of ones personal belief would be uncalled for. Instead, debating what the teaching is would be more profitable to all. By not naming names, it will also keep more of the flesh out due to not coming against a preacher or teach that appeals to someone.

A lie is a lie, and the lie will become exposed after the truth is known, by the words spoken. There can never be an exhausted list of false teachers either.

This is my understanding as to why this is part of the ToS. I may be way off base, but I stand by my understanding.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

But if information is not false and it sheds light on the teachings of people who are not preaching the true Word of God... how can that be defamatory?

Can you tell that yesterday I was inundated with 4 (count 'em four)... JW when I got home? I couldn't get a word in edge ways and they are organized to a point of being militant.... my neighbor pretended she was deaf and mute.... They were literally thrusting brochures, booklets, pamplets and stacks of stuff at me.... I wouldn't take it and they were following me and all talking at once... So.... I started praying - LOUD.... REAL LOUD.... asking Jesus to surround me with His angels and protect me from all evil and those who were false prophets... and they just stopped and walked off.... I dare anyone to say prayer doesn't work! :noidea:

I completely agree, but until the ToS is changed, we should abide by it:

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

Even though I personally believe that those who are truly false teachers should be exposed, doing so goes against the Terms of Service we all agreed to.

Let's say that one person does not believe in a certain way that another believes in, and we all know this to be true, and called a certain preacher/teacher false due to this. Defaming the preacher/teacher because of ones personal belief would be uncalled for. Instead, debating what the teaching is would be more profitable to all. By not naming names, it will also keep more of the flesh out due to not coming against a preacher or teach that appeals to someone.

A lie is a lie, and the lie will become exposed after the truth is known, by the words spoken. There can never be an exhausted list of false teachers either.

This is my understanding as to why this is part of the ToS. I may be way off base, but I stand by my understanding.

Then I have to ask, why is it acceptable to warn people about the Jehovah Witness, the Mormon, the Seventh-day Adventist?

They preach Jesus just as much as these other false teachers do.

What's the difference?

If the material is backed with fact, would it not make that material true? I can understand what the TOS is saying. Knowingly false material is different than material that points to fact. If the lies and those who perpetrate them cannot be exposed, what do we do about this?

Ephesians 5

8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light

9 (for the fruit of the Spiritis in all goodness, righteousness, and truth),

10 finding out what is acceptable to the Lord.

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them.

12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret.

13 But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light.

14 Therefore He says: