If you would like to encourage a Christian in

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  0

When you go to Write to a Christian prisoner in their native language here. , you will be introduced to a Christian in prison and will be given an opportunity to send him/her a note of encouragement in his/her native language.

Thanks.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  58
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/17/1959

I'm puzzled. How can I write to a prisoner in his/her native language when I don't know it. The only language I can write in is English. :):t2: :c:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

Please read the info provided in the link. Thanks.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

http://www.prisoneralert.com/vompw_affiliations.htm

I noticed on this website, that the above page will link you directly to the Voice Of the Martyrs subsidiary from your own country, wherever you are.

I have a question, if anyone knows the answer. It is suggested the letters you write to the persecuted Christians can be a few lines in English and then you can copy a few Bible verses that they already have translated. My question: Is there a good online translator, that you can just type in your text and have it translated into the prisoner's native language???

This is a very worthy ministry. Those poor people jailed simply for passing out Bibles or praying do need our encouragement. They are told by their captors that they are forgotten and that no one cares about them. We need to help strengthen them if we can, even if we will never hear a reply from them, as they aren't likely allowed to write back. We can also write to their government and speak out on their behalf. Or write to the embassy's to get some action on their behalf.

Thanks WIP. I think I'll forward this onto the Christians in my email address book.

• Topic Count:  120
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

http://www.prisoneralert.com/vompw_affiliations.htm

I noticed on this website, that the above page will link you directly to the Voice Of the Martyrs subsidiary from your own country, wherever you are.

I have a question, if anyone knows the answer. It is suggested the letters you write to the persecuted Christians can be a few lines in English and then you can copy a few Bible verses that they already have translated. My question: Is there a good online translator, that you can just type in your text and have it translated into the prisoner's native language???

This is a very worthy ministry. Those poor people jailed simply for passing out Bibles or praying do need our encouragement. They are told by their captors that they are forgotten and that no one cares about them. We need to help strengthen them if we can, even if we will never hear a reply from them, as they aren't likely allowed to write back. We can also write to their government and speak out on their behalf. Or write to the embassy's to get some action on their behalf.

Thanks WIP. I think I'll forward this onto the Christians in my email address book.

There are a number of translators on the web, you just need to do a search...

heres one I use...

www.free-translator.com/

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Work in Progress.... thank you for posting this link :laugh:

A friend of mine has already been sending mail... and I am preparing to send a letter as well. I believe that when you contact this site, they will translate for you.

We need to remember EVERYDAY that our brother's and sister's in Christ are inprisoned, beaten, burned and tortured standing in their faith for Jesus. Let us pray for them eachday-- and let them know that we have not forgotten them!!

• Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

I believe that when you contact this site, they will translate for you.

I'll try searching through that again. I thought they had a few Bible verses already translated. Maybe you're right.

Thanks Serenhu. If they don't translate, I'll use that. Either way, it's good to know its there.