WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

I believe that it is the King of Spain through the Roman Church who still holds the title of Emperor of Rome. :thumbsup:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also believe that the Bible states quite clearly that this final world Government will be excessively brutal, so we haven't seen anything yet. :noidea:

It will model itself on Rome and will be the revised Roman Empire. Although not as strong economically it will still have the brutal iron in it. :thumbsup:

Peace,

Dave

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

Were will the global bank be? The Vatican? :noidea: This poor world is going crazy. Oh well it's time everyone else caught up with me. :thumbsup:

I heard a rumor that the Pope once suggested that the Pope be made the permanent President of the E.U. Don't know how true it is.

But since the Vatican is still a country of its own (and not part of Italy), the Pope is both Head-of-State (of the Vatican) and "Head of the Church" (aaargh - we know there's only one Head of the Church! - and personally, I don't believe the Head of the Church is the Pope!)

But anyway, as Head of State (of the Vatican) the Pope is also a politician, and will have his say regarding international affairs, and push for his agenda, and the agenda of "the mother church".

I don't think the Popes believe in the separation of church and state.

So the Popes will always be part of the international political arena, as well as the international religious arena, because the Vatican is both a country and the representative of millions of religious people. Which is why the Pope called for "a dialogue with Islam".

The Pope wields a great amount of influence in Europe, South America and even in America, so if the Pope says there should be an international government, world leaders will not just pooh-pooh the idea.

Not good.

That's clearly just a rumour with no substance. The Vatican isn't a full EU member, and the Papacy would see its field of interest as going way beyond Europe. A Catholic religious leader would also go against all the French traditions of militant secularism, and be unacceptable to all those North European Protestants. I don't even think it would go down too well in Italy where an awful lot of people spent the 19th century fighting for the liberation of the Papal states - the regions around Rome (most of central Italy, infact, under the direct political control of the Pope. The Popes lost the war and spent 50 years sulking in the Vatican excommunicating various Italian Kings, politicians and bureaucrats.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Isn't there still talk of Blair being pres of the EU?

Yes; interestingly enough, Tony Blair converted to Catholicism last year. Rumor has it that GWB is going to convert as well. :thumbsup:

Isn't there still talk of Blair being pres of the EU?

Yes; interestingly enough, Tony Blair converted to Catholicism last year. Rumor has it that GWB is going to convert as well. :laugh:

Naw, that was Obama silly, he's in Rome now. He's probably bending down to talk to the Pope the same way he did the King of the House of Saud. :noidea::thumbsup::rolleyes:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

As a Catholic and quite a new member of worthy it is very upsetting to see all these nasty, spiteful comments about the Pope.

His motive for proposing a global authority on economy is obviously to reduce world poverty. A point that has been ignored by your contributors.

Is not the welfare of millions of impoverished people all over the world more important then interdenominational back stabbing?

I was raised in a poor African country called Tanzania where priests and pastors play sport together. I am good friends with a saint like Lutheran nun who is best friends with a Catholic nun. In Tanzania all and sundry pay respect to those who have devoted their life to God.

We could all learn a lot from their example.

Yours in Jesus

Christofine

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  830
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

As a Catholic and quite a new member of worthy it is very upsetting to see all these nasty, spiteful comments about the Pope.

His motive for proposing a global authority on economy is obviously to reduce world poverty. A point that has been ignored by your contributors.

Is not the welfare of millions of impoverished people all over the world more important then interdenominational back stabbing?

I was raised in a poor African country called Tanzania where priests and pastors play sport together. I am good friends with a saint like Lutheran nun who is best friends with a Catholic nun. In Tanzania all and sundry pay respect to those who have devoted their life to God.

We could all learn a lot from their example.

Yours in Jesus

Christofine

I'm sorry if my feelings about the Pope offend you, Christofine. I really don't want to offend you. But I must be honest about the way I feel.

If the Pope is so concerned about world poverty, then why doesn't he sell off some of the Catholic Church's billions in property and other assets to help the poor and start living as Jesus did?

"Jesus said to him, If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you shall have treasure in Heaven. And come, follow Me." (Mat 19:21)

"And Jesus said to him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head." (Mat 8:20)

"Then Jesus said to His disciples, If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow Me." (Mat 16:24)

Edited by lekh l'kha

I'm sorry if my feelings about the Pope offend you, Christofine. I really don't want to offend you. But I must be honest about the way I feel.

If the Pope is so concerned about world poverty, then why doesn't he sell off some of the Catholic Church's billions in property and other assets to help the poor and start living as Jesus did?

The assets of the church are not owned by the Pope. If all the property, art and assets was sold and the money distributed amongst the poor do you think all the world's greed would disappear? No.

Did the Pope give rise to the sub prime mortgage crisis? No

Was the Pope responsible for Bernie Madoff's massive fraud? No. ( Is Bernie a Catholic hmm? No I don't think so.)

Did he decide to waste three trillion dollars plus on a war in Iraq in a bid to control oil resources?

Did he kill thousands of people in the middle east in the name of Christianity? No but some one called George Bush did.

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Did he kill thousands of people in the middle east in the name of Christianity? No but some one called George Bush did.

Wow learn something everyday, I just had no idea the Iraqi war was part of some christian crusade. :24::24::blink: Bush may have said on some occasions he prayed or that G-d spoke to him but I cannot remember ever a time when he came out and said G-d told me to invade another country in the name of christianity.

Wow learn something everyday, I just had no idea the Iraqi war was part of some christian crusade. Bush may have said on some occasions he prayed or that G-d spoke to him but I cannot remember ever a time when he came out and said G-d told me to invade another country in the name of christianity.

If Mr Bush didn't think his plans had God's approval, as a committed Christian why was he putting them into practise?

I assume he is a Christian, as he said he is. Hopefully it wasn't just a vote getting ploy.

Glad to hear you're learning from my posts.