• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Cool!

Don't have the slightest idea what that has to do with the discussion...

But cool!

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

Second test for the ashes??? I'm not familiar with this...can someone explain please. I did try and google it, but noting recognizable came up.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

:laugh: Hunter the ashes is a cricket series between Australia and England, and there is intense rivalry. I would not expect someone from the USA to even begin to understand the game of cricket :thumbsup: (It's a bit like an evolutionary game of baseball - like what the Hobbit is to modern man, ie baseball - evolution - cricket :laugh: )

When the Australians won the first 5 test series many years ago, they burned the stumps into ashes as a challenge to England (stumps are the wickets behind the batsman?). The series is now played, I think every year, or second year but I am not sure. The current 5 test series is now being played and the score is first test a draw, and England have a big run (score) advantage in the second day of the five day test of the five test series. Clear now? :laugh:

I liked Frodo :rolleyes: pity he ended up in a cave.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

:laugh: Hunter the ashes is a cricket series between Australia and England, and there is intense rivalry. I would not expect someone from the USA to even begin to understand the game of cricket :thumbsup: (It's a bit like an evolutionary game of baseball - like what the Hobbit is to modern man, ie baseball - evolution - cricket :laugh: )

When the Australians won the first 5 test series many years ago, they burned the stumps into ashes as a challenge to England (stumps are the wickets behind the batsman?). The series is now played, I think every year, or second year but I am not sure. The current 5 test series is now being played and the score is first test a draw, and England have a big run (score) advantage in the second day of the five day test of the five test series. Clear now? :laugh:

I liked Frodo :rolleyes: pity he ended up in a cave.

LOL, yep all cleared up...now explain " sticky wicket ".... :) GO Aussies

Guest HIS girl

'DC10' -

These finds are unexpected, to say the least, but that's paleaontology (and evolution and science) for you.

But can you expand on the other points you make? How do these finds put a "hole" in the evolution process? How do they not fit in with the evolution faithful? (I'm one, and I can't see the problem at the moment). Whose life work is in trouble?

To do with the timeline factor. Those that were interviewed had many varied opinions from experts to amateurs in various fields - the common argument was where she fit it. Is she as "young" as first suggested etc.

Those that had based their lifes works on findings that had no "room" for the Hobbit were adament she was "deformed" and nothing new..so along those lines.

It was interesting to see the play of folks dismissing or agreeing!

On your last point - yes, it hurts, but we're in a good position against them in the second Test for the Ashes.

:thumbsup: Carry on! :rolleyes:

Guest HIS girl
Interestingly enough most of Flores population is christian

Blessings

That's interesting because the local community held a traditional ceremony at the discovery site and it was very "occultic". Quite a big turn out too.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

'DC10' -
These finds are unexpected, to say the least, but that's paleaontology (and evolution and science) for you.

But can you expand on the other points you make? How do these finds put a "hole" in the evolution process? How do they not fit in with the evolution faithful? (I'm one, and I can't see the problem at the moment). Whose life work is in trouble?

To do with the timeline factor. Those that were interviewed had many varied opinions from experts to amateurs in various fields - the common argument was where she fit it. Is she as "young" as first suggested etc.

Those that had based their lifes works on findings that had no "room" for the Hobbit were adament she was "deformed" and nothing new..so along those lines.

It was interesting to see the play of folks dismissing or agreeing!

On your last point - yes, it hurts, but we're in a good position against them in the second Test for the Ashes.

:laugh: Carry on! :24:

Thank you.

Found this

ANTHROPOLOGICAL SCIENCE

Vol. 117(1), 33

Guest HIS girl

Hitchey, I cannot tell you what the name of the documentary was as I turned on the TV and it was on - it was the first time I have heard of the "Hobbit". I am only stating what I heard as I am no believer of the evoulution THEORY as you well know. (And theory is all it is - not fact).

There was even talk on the doco that maybe Java man is not the oldest (modern man?).

Also there is the thinking that Africa/Nth Africa/Middle East may NOT be the cradle of mankind but Asia.

Well you also know what I think of that Hitchey! :whistling:

(Also - there is talk that the Australian Aborigines and the Ancient Egyptians have met at some point on Australian soil. This was NOT in the doco but something I heard a couple of weeks ago from someone who went on an "outback tour" of Aus and it was discussed as part of the tour looking at rock paintings etc.)

I am a Christian that believes in the Genesis account of Creation and the Genesis account of the first human beings having appeared on earth as mature, and of child bearing age. Fully functioning as you and I with the same brain capacity but maybe having "lost" mental abilities/physical abilities through the years.

I am not a Christian who believes that evolution was the vehicle God used to bring forth mankind. Never have, never will.

(And Hitchey- folks life work as in devoting their knowledge and findings toward a particular "line" of species not having "room" for such a species as Hobbit therefore their lifeswork could be dismissed or undermined. I cannot explain it any further than that. Basically the documentary concentrated more on the "knockers" of the find than the supporters. The knockers seemed to be those that had a very SET outlook on how evolution should proceed and seemed to not be willing to bend in their thinking. That kind of thing - although there was an expert in the bones of human hands who claims the Hobbit has bones(within the hand) consistent with human hand structure. He is adament of this fact).

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  71
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

How many times do we have to put up with this ignorant statement that evolution is "just a theory" or something similar?

Are you a believer in the THEORIES of atoms, cells, gravity, plate tectonics etc?

Do you have any idea at all of what a scientific theory is? It is the highest possible scientific construct.

PLEASE READ A SCIENCE BOOK.