IGNORED

can anybody think of a book that might help my mom?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

:24: Hi again. Sure hope this turns out to be the right place to post this particular topic. :noidea: I already posted under the doctrinal forum ( in order to bring my mom's specific spiritual situation and beliefs into this.) I also tried to start a "book discussion" under the general discussion forum. I know with a site as large as Worthy, we MUST have many readers of Christian books here. ( I'd be searching harder myself for the correct book, if I didn't have a physical disease which prevents it! I can only be on the computer for short times so that limits my googling.) That is why I am appealing to you guys and gals for advice. My mom is elderly and in a nursing home. She loves to read to help pass the time. I mail her Janette Oak books, mostly because someone gave me a whole box full. But as she draws nearer to eternity what she really needs now is the Gospel in a story form ( fiction or better yet, a true Conversion story ). A PAPERBACK that isn't too huge that explains the Gospel. Clearly, simply, yet still thoroughly... including the need for repentance.) My mom basically thinks "loving God" is enough, no matter what you believe doctrinally or what lifestyle you live. In other words, she thinks all roads lead to God. Christians know that the Bible says it's a narrow road and few there be that find it ( and of course that all "gods" are not the true ONE.) In other words, mom is a victim of the ecumenical movement (mush gospel ) Oprah Guru weirdish stuff. And I really feel God wants me to send her a book to help her understand the truth, according to God's Word...as to how to become a Christian. She has expressed concerns about her soul's final destiny. So any book ideas? ( If you want, you could read the other 2 posts I mentioned earlier for her dillema. Under doctrinal and general discussion. ) Please pray for mom's Salvation?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/19/1942

Turtle,

check amazon.com for ' Classic Bible Stories: A Family Treasury' by Lise Caldwell. I think it cost

around $2.50 used to around $17.00 new.

• 2 weeks later...

This my seem odd and I apologize if anything I say here appears to be rude or harsh, it isn't meant to be, but why don't you just give her a bible? A New Testament more specifically or just the 4 Gospels.

As you stated, she's in a nursing home, I don't believe she needs to know everything that pertains to living a Godly life. She needs to accept Jesus as her Lord and Savior and come to believe that He is who He says He is. She needs to understand that there is only one way into the kingdom of heaven and that's through Christ. The 4 Gospels make that crystal clear.

I'm sorry that I can't be of any more help than this. The only thing I read pertaining to God is the bible.

I understand where you're coming from. Before my dad passed away, he was looking for something to read pertaining to God. I got him a book called "He Chose the Nails", by Max Lucado. I never read it myself, so I can't tell you if it's what you're looking for.

My dad was not a good man and he came to realize that before he died and in the end he did reach out to God. Whether he made it or not, I don't know............I would like to believe he did.

Anyway.....that's all I got.

• 3 months later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

Any of the "Guideposts" books are great! They are full of short stories, and many of them are conversion stories.

Here is a link to their site:

http://www.guideposts.com/

Here is the newest book:

https://www.shopguideposts.com/webapp/wcs/s...4&langId=-1

You can find many of the books at any Christian bookstore.

Blessings!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Turtle, try CS Lewis. His "Mere Christianity", is such an easy but very powerful read. As a new Christian, I loved it!

Blessings :emot-hug:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

Turtle -

I think a large print NKJ Bible would be great, too. You could highlight some special passages for her... Blessings to you and I'm praying for your folks!! God Bless :emot-hug:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

Blessings, Turtle:

Depending upon who your favorite author on "bible prophecy on end times" is, there are loads of books

on the shelf by either going online or to your Christian bookstore. All of these authors write about

end times events as it relates to biblical prophecy and what is going on in the world today, and have

lots of scripture in them, and write about Jesus and His Second Coming in them. All usually

give a salvation message in them.

If you do a Google search on bible prophecy end time books, I feel certain you will find a

good one for your mom.

I'm praying for her salvation, too.

Nikki

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

Greetings TT,

Right about threads, you will see everything Worthy offers.

In the search, type women books, you will be surprise at

the many topics and prices. If you don't find any in that

section, go to another. Worthy is loaded with books of all

kind.

Jot :ph34r: