~Shalhevet~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

What are your favorites? My favorites are Michael W. Smith and Feel the Power CDs.

My favorite songs are Crucified in Christ, Let it Rain and Go Light Your World.

edit link

Edited by traveller
youtube link not allowed

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  82
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/16/1959

Mercy Me really speaks to me and Bart Millard is as fine a song writer performer as there is. I Love "Let It Rain"

Matthew West really reaches out and touches me with "Going through the motions."

Brandon Heath is really good. I really like "Give Me Your Eyes"

And I found a Little Known group from Arkansas. These guys sang on the Christian "Music Boat Cruise" with Toby Mac and Mercy Me this past spring...I really love em' They are called "First Day" Their website is at www.firstdaymusic.com

these guys are a cappella, but they don't sound like it at all, with a beat boxer, and vocal "bass guitar" etc... they are on youtube at

link removed

Edited by traveller
youtube link not allowed

Do you know of any good worship and praise music?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Please be advised that youtube links are not allowed on this site.

Thank you. :noidea:

Please be advised that youtube links are not allowed on this site.

Thank you. :noidea:

That's too bad. That's a really good video.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Some of the same videos can be found on the Christian site, tangle.com. We allow those here.

Some of the same videos can be found on the Christian site, tangle.com. We allow those here.

Cool thanks!

I found it. http://www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=3...10455ad7453039f

Edited by asecretchord

I must admit that I can't stand most of what I hear on the radio these days, including christian radio.

Originality died in the early 80s and everyone sounds like someone else now. Every rock singer is Eddy Vedder reincarnated, including Third Day.

Christian music really ticks me off though. Of all people, we should be the most original but no....

Christian radio stations won't play something that doesn't sound "religious" (predictable) or is "safe" (lukewarm) depending on which station you choose.

yuck...ugh....

::::spit, spit::::

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I must admit that I can't stand most of what I hear on the radio these days, including christian radio.

Originality died in the early 80s and everyone sounds like someone else now. Every rock singer is Eddy Vedder reincarnated, including Third Day.

Christian music really ticks me off though. Of all people, we should be the most original but no....

Christian radio stations won't play something that doesn't sound "religious" (predictable) or is "safe" (lukewarm) depending on which station you choose.

yuck...ugh....

Christian music, like a lot of what is held in beliefs today, has a lot of the world entwined within it. But, hey ... I am just one person. In the realm of Christianity, I am outnumbered and accept this fact.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  82
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/16/1959

yuck...ugh....

Christian music, like a lot of what is held in beliefs today, has a lot of the world entwined within it. But, hey ... I am just one person. In the realm of Christianity, I am outnumbered and accept this fact.

You know music is a very personal taste, somewhat like food. I may love Italian food but hate Chinese food. You might think Italian food is "yuch...ugh..." but really like Tex-Mex etc... etc... It doesn't mean one is necessarily good and the other bad...It is a personal taste.

In music, what speaks to you, may not speak to me. I may like the rock genre, you may like the country or R&B or Jazz, or good ol' "church style" hymns. Its a personal taste.

I know people who hate rock music and Christianity mixed together, saying that rock music is "worldly". I have to wonder what genre of music wasn't developed in the "world" and what genre was developed in "Heaven"? Even the old hymns generally reflect popular music styles of their day.

Is the fact that a song is sung a cappella, or with a piano or organ in accompaniment, make it more "holy" than a song that has drums, guitar, and keyboard in accompaniment? Is a song more "holy" if it is sung with a 4/4 basic rhythm of a slow hymn than song with a syncipated rock rhthym? Where in the Bible does it say what kind of melody or rhythm or genre of music a "Christian" song must have?

The key is in the words - Are the words true to the word of God? Many words are the heart-felt words of the composer. It speaks to the trials and personal reflections of the writer. It may speak to you...it may not. But there is a wide variety of music out there, you can find what you like and what speaks to you. No matter what the genre, music is still a rhythm of the same 7 notes strung in sequence...from old hymns to hip-hop rap.

Christian Radio is a business just like any other radio. They play what their supporters want to hear...this is how they get the funds to stay on the air. Apparently, most of the people who listen to C-radio like what is being played. You may not like the genre but some of the words are xtremely encouraging, motivating, and inspirational. I'm 50 years old and still love the contemporary Christian music. I also like the old hymns, and southern gospel too. So...I guess there is not really "Christian Music" but rather Christian lyrics.

BTW, there is a youtube link on First Day's website www.firstdaymusic.com under their music page if anyone is interested (since youtube links are taboo on this forum). They are certainly a bit different from your run of the mill contemporary genre.