Am I going to the right church?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I havent been to a church in years. Ive been waiting for God to send me some Christians because that used to be how I always found churches. Well I finally just sought one out via the net, made a call and am planning on attending a group meeting this Sunday. But Im afraid that it might be the wrong church because I sought it out? Am I supposed to keep waiting for God to send me people?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I havent been to a church in years. Ive been waiting for God to send me some Christians because that used to be how I always found churches. Well I finally just sought one out via the net, made a call and am planning on attending a group meeting this Sunday. But Im afraid that it might be the wrong church because I sought it out? Am I supposed to keep waiting for God to send me people?

What is wrong with you listening to Him instead of waiting for someone who may not come? God will guide you to where He wants you to be.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  52

What is wrong with you listening to Him instead of waiting for someone who may not come? God will guide you to where He wants you to be.

well yeah its just that i just did it myself so...i dont know if God lead me...

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I struggle with God's direction a lot myself, so I can't say how He would or would not direct you.

In this case, I would say to ask for wisdom and discernment as you go to the church. If the church doesn't jive with your spirit, don't go back.

But consider that you are just attending a service, not making an obligation to join. Nor are you obligated to go back. If you go and you can tell it's not a fit for you, then don't return.

Make sense?

Guest HIS girl

I agree OneLight - also the Word has to be PARAMOUNT - not the "side entertainment" - but the Scriptures being taught and holding a place of authority. :emot-highfive:

Guest lovinghim4ever

You can't know if you don't go.

:emot-highfive:

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

You can't know if you don't go.

:emot-highfive:

Absolutely right. :emot-highfive:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

There are some online denomination quizzes if you do a google search.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  79

I used to attend the modern churches like Calvary Chapel. It was very nice and reached out to the youth. They had sound doctrine and I could feel the Spirit working around me. The problem I had was that they were too informal. There was no membership and no one keep track of you and for the most part you could come and go at will with on one asking about you. I recently went the other way and now attend a Lutheran Church and I really like it. I am in a small group Sunday school group before church starts or after depending on which service you go too. The church service is very interactive as opposed to passive. I really like it and the church service seems to go by fast. I could go on and on but its best to just give it a try.

What you want and need most is to find one that provides the opportunity to participate in small group study/fellowship. You need to be part of a small group so you can take care of each other and council and support one another. This is why Jesus choose 12 to follow him. Apply the lesson...