GodPreciousChild

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

Man was created to actually love forever. Because of sin we now age and die. Because God saw that mankind was seeking only evil and not Him, He flooded the Earth and shortened our lifespans.

In time we have lowered our own lifespan to just over 70 years on average, with sin and careless living and unhealthy eating.

Wow...a floatingaxe!! Haven't seen you in forever... :24:

Does the bible say that Adam would have lived in his physical body forever? I don't believe it does. In the same way that we will live for eternity...so was Adam created. I don't think the bible says that this eternal life was intended in our earthly bodies.

Adam sinned pretty early on in the game...and people alledgedly continued to live in the sinful state for 1500-2000 years. Were they less sinful...or did God put up with it better back then? And technically, he spoke of life spans BEFORE the flood...and people continued to sin...and continued to live to a supposed 950 years old.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

That's interesting because the CIA World Factbook says something different here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_count...life_expectancy

Even more interesting....I found this on Wikipedia also. It seems the numbers are all over the place! I'm not going to argue your figures because every site I looked at had different numbers.... :emot-highfive:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_count...09_estimates.29

Seems like the Factbook doesn't have its facts straight. At any rate, our general lifespans are still pretty abysmal.

Well, that's one thing we agree on, Matrix. Sure, we can live to be 100 but for 40 years of that one will be elderly!

• 1 month later...
Guest Butero
After God spoke this about man's days being 120 years, the lifespan gradually dropped off. It didn't happen all at once. As for a reason for the long life spans, I believe it was because there were so few people on the earth, and it allowed for people like Adam and Eve to have many children during their lifetime. As the earth became more populated, and as man's thoughts began to look to do evil, God shortened our lifespans. I don't have any problem with you questioning or outright dissagree with me. I am just saying that it is easy for me to see how and why it occured.

I can TOTALLY respect your viewpoint...and I can honestly say that I have NO PROBLEM with why it is easy for you to believe it occured. I actually think its fascinating to talk about. With that said lemme make a few points about what you said...

We have no evidence that Adam and Eve (or anyone) had any more kids than a normal couple in a normal lifespan. And what is the point of populating the world heavily (up to 5 million people conservatively) and then wiping them all out and then re-populating the world far more slowly with only Noah and his three sons?

Also...man's thoughts began looking to do evil when the population was TWO...lol. From that moment on the die was cast and it didn't matter if the population was 10 or 10 million..man was sinful. The length of a man's life has no bearing on it.

Let me ask you...isn't it just as likely that the time frame used to judge the length of a persons life before the flood was different than after? It seems to me that before the flood one measure of time was used...and after the flood...over the course of 1500 years that measure of time gradually came closer to what we would use today.

I suppose it is possible that could have occured but I don't think so. I simply take the time period as written. I believe that men were created to live forever because they had access to the tree of life. When the way to that tree was blocked, men's lifespans were approximately 700 to 1000 years. As sin began to multiply in the earth, God decreed that man's lifespan would be shortened to 120 years. After that, you saw men begin to die sooner. Eventually the lifespan was set at threescore and ten years to fourscore years or 70 to 80 years. That is pretty typical of the number of years people live today. God shortened our lifespan to approximately 10 percent of what it was immediately after the fall.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

I suppose it is possible that could have occured but I don't think so. I simply take the time period as written.

I can totally respect that.

God shortened our lifespan to approximately 10 percent of what it was immediately after the fall.

I guess my thinking is...

Where did the 10% figure come from? And he didn't really do it immediately...it took almost 2500 years for the lifespans to drop to what we would consider normal. So over 2500 years he was angry at man's sin (enough to wipe out the human population)...but he just kinda lets the lifespan punishment dwindle on for a couple milleniums.. :24:

Just seems like there are far more ways to look at it that make sense to me. (Not that what makes sense to me is always normal...lol)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  512
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  01/25/1955

In the Bible it says in Genesis that Noah lived to be 950 years old, how is this possible?

Simple. We are devolving. We cannot build pyramids, even with all out technology. An ancient bard could perfectly memorize fifty poems of extreme length in a very short time. We can't even remember ten phone numbers. With every generation we get further away from Adam who was created perfect.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I read a Magazine a few months ago and it said that the life span of a man changes according to the Magnetic Field of the Earth.

Now what does Magnetic Field of the earth have to do anything with our Age.

Lets go back to the flood times- Many Creationist Scientists believe that there was a "Magnetic Field Reversal" during the flood. Hhhmmm...... Man's life span drop down dramatically after the flood- If you read Genesis.

Could it be possible ? Its just a hypothesis but God is capable of anything and also that there was less pollution during the time of Noah.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

In the Bible it says in Genesis that Noah lived to be 950 years old, how is this possible?

Adam was 963, and Methuselah was 969 (dying the year of the flood)

in Gen (6 I believe) God limits the life of man to 120 years, and after the flood, the life of man started to shrink......

a good number of scholars say that mans life is numbered 3 score 10, and if they are strong 4 score (70 - 80 years), but if you look at this (Ps 90 or 91) this is a prayer of Moses...... now, if life was only to be 70 - 80 years, then Joshua exceeded it as well, for in the wilderness, he stated that no one was going to steal his inheritance.... and then as they cross the Jordan, he states that he is as strong at 80 as he was at 40.......

Moses, well, he spent 40 years pretending to be some one, then he spent 40 years becoming nobody, and then started his ministry at age 80 and through God became some one for his third set of 40 years..... (120 years.....)

I believe, this is also part of God's Plan..... he no longer needs some one to work for 120 years building a boat... now days, that can be accomplished in the matter of days, months, years, not decades or centuries.... I also believe that God used bacteria and such to help control the population..... being man was not meant to die, there had to be something to help death come about, it was introduced to cause the physical body to not with stand the length of time it use to be able to hold up to...

to fill the earth, and people only living 70 - 80 years (from the beginning) it would take a very very very long time.... as it was, even at 120 year life span it still took a very long time.....

if earth had been here as long as some say, and man as long as some say, we would not have the room we have now.......

I do believe that Adam was 963 and Methuselah was 969 and Noah 950...............

Guest Apostle Eric
It isnt!!

Care to add anything meaningful to the topic?

AMEN, andy; :)

If unbelievers think that is amazing wait till the millennium of Christ where a man 100 years old is considered a child. :rolleyes::laugh:

Revelation 20:4; and they lived and reigned with Christ a THOUSAND years.

Because they have the right to the TREE of LIFE. During this time frame, only those that are of faith in His covenant will live 1000 years.

REVELATION 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the TREE OF LIFE, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

ISAIAH 65:20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an HUNDRED years old; but the sinner being an HUNDRED years old shall be accursed.

And the prophet David said that the wicked will not live out half their days.

PSALM 55:23 But thou, O God, shalt bring them down into the pit of destruction: bloody and deceitful men shall not live out HALF THEIR DAYS;

PSALM 90:10 The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by REASON OF STRENGTH they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.

In His Grace

Apostle Eric

ss: The Spirit of the Lord sustains all life, and His Word sustains the faith of the righteous

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Hi Christophercarli...

It get a bit much to handle xD Aaaaaaanyway, I think that basically what I said about moses applies to noah too. No one outside the people who wrote the bible mentions him (unlikely due to his age and importance), theres been no tomb or ark found, and it doesnt explain how he was, in the physical sense, kept alive by god. Can anybody look past my brain farts and enlighten me, please?

What I was thinking when viewing your comments and thoughts was : Where is the tomb of Genghis Khan or Alexander the great Or Nebuchednezzar of Babylon ?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomb_of_Genghis_Khan - Cached - Similar

www.greece.org/alexandria/alexander/Pages/alexandros.html - Cached - Similar

But we know and believe that Genghis Khan and Alexander the great existed. Hope that supplies some food for thought for your brain :)

Greg.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/29/1956

Well don't you think a guy who lived to be over 900 years old would have left some evidence of his existence? I mean, clearly he was someone important. But theres never been any solid evidence of moses found, even by the hard-digging professional israeli archaeologists. And if he lived to be over 900 years old, how come no other civilization ever mentions him? The greeks, romans, egyptians... All of these people were around at the time and inhabiting that area, but none of these civilizations mention a moses. You'd think they would, because clearly a guy who can live that long and did such a thing as to take away all the jewish slaves of egypt (another thing apparently theres no evidence of) would have been of interest to them. I also understand he led jewish soldiers to conquer rival tribes and areas. But they didnt bring him up either. Clearly a man who could live to be almost 1000 years would be remembered in more than just a book written after his supposed death. And there's never even been a tomb of moses found either.

Also, the technical mechanics of living that long raise questions. Did god literally prevent his tissues from decaying, and his joint from wearing out, and his lungs healthy and his heart muscles intact every day? And then he just decided to stop and let moses die? When you look at all the little things that cause aging in people, it raises questions about what god did to prevent these, and which of these maladies his DID prevent. But there's no answer to this. No one bothered to write down just how moses was being kept alive.

UMM Moses didn't live 900 years.

Deuteronomy 34:5-7

So Moses the servant of the LORD died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of the LORD.

And he buried him in a valley in the land of Moab, over against Bethpeor: but no man knoweth of his sepulchre unto this day.

And Moses was an hundred and twenty years old when he died: his eye was not dim, nor his natural force abated.

Were you talking about Noah? Remember he predated every nation you mentioned. The only civilization that there was, was the one he was starting and it has given us it's record of him.

Scripture has one purpose, to bring mankind to the knowledge of Jesus so they can be saved. It's not a science book or a history book, it is a book that will lead us to eternal life.