"confusedpiece" & friendship

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

:noidea: "confusedpiece" verily believed that friendship does not occur between man and woman if one of them is married or they are both married (not eachother). Neither his assumption was inspired by anyone nor his assumption was inspired by Bible.

Now, he has a question. According to Bible, "what is the meaning of friendship?"

"Any opinion and any verses from Bible ?" :thumbsup:

Edited by knightoverloadtheconfusedpiece

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

how about the greatest one of them all, David and Jonathan

1Sa 18:1 As soon as he had finished speaking to Saul, the soul of Jonathan was knit to the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul.

And of course you can be friends with a married man or woman. The danger lies in your own heart, and that of the other persons of course, but if you follow the Word it is Ok. I have many married friends, and our friendship is just that. I and they, know the boundaries and we stay within them. This a personal thing I guess, but I beleve my Faith to be strong enough to know the difference between friendship and something else (including thoughts)' I believe that in my case if anyone questions this friendship, what they are doing is questioning my faith, and that is tantemount to judgement is it not?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  526
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  06/25/1984

There are 3 Biblical types of relationships between men and women. Mother and son/father and daughter, brother and sister, and man and wife. The relationship between men and women who are not related by blood can still be classified as brother and sister. Obviously, you can't simply live your entire life without having relationships of members of the opposite sex aside from your wife, sisters, and mother. There is Biblical ground here, but as a few people have pointed out, the dangers are inherent and you must be careful that your sisters don't become something other than your sisters.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I agree with the above. I have friends who are unmarried and married males. But I tend to either see them with their wives (if they are married) or in a public place like a cafe (if they are unmarried). Regardless of how innocent it is to me, it could have the appearance of wrong if for example, the neighbours see a married man who is not my husband coming to my house while my husband isn't home. Avoid all appearances of evil.

Friendship is merely the expression of the brother / sister type love towards other people. Read 1 Cor 13 :noidea:. That ought to tell you how to love, the essence of being a good friend.

.... Now, he has a question. According to Bible, "what is the meaning of friendship?"

"Any opinion and any verses from Bible ?" :thumbsup:

Jesus Is The Meaning Of Friendship

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

John 15:13

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

:rolleyes: "confusedpiece" verily believed that friendship does not occur between man and woman if one of them is married or they are both married (not eachother). Neither his assumption was inspired by anyone nor his assumption was inspired by Bible.

Now, he has a question. According to Bible, "what is the meaning of friendship?"

"Any opinion and any verses from Bible ?" :laugh:

I consulted Strong's on-line.

A few biblical examples of friendship, Gen.:14-16, Ruth1:16,17, 2Samuel1:17-27 and Eccleseasties 4:9-12, I place this in bold because I think it gives you a good start.

In researching the word " friendship ", I found it in one place compared to a shepherd tending a flock. Now if you think about what it takes to successfully shepherd a flock, well, then I think you will have an idea what it takes to be a successful friend, and know what to expect if someone says they are your friend.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Moved fom Worthy Welcome to General Discussion

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  08/10/1978

I can't give you a scripture and I'm too lazy right now to look one up. Friends forgive each other when one slips up but that doesn't mean they don't discuss the problem. If you can't discuss a problem with somebody that you think is a friend then I wouldn't trust that friendship. Friends don't cheat each other, a friend won't ask of you some evil like, hey, let's go rob somebody. A friend looks at your best interest before his own. A friend won't flirt with your girlfriend or wife, a friend will pay you back when you let them borrow money, a friend is there even when he doesn't feel like it. a friend will have an open ear and will not repeat what you said to another. That doesn't mean a friend won't give his concern. Friend's are hard to come by these days. You think you have a friend sometimes, and find out it was just somebody there just for the moment or good time. friendship is best by being founded on the principles of Jesus Christ. what some folks don't understand is that the laws of God are not meant to be bad but good. Yes, we are bound to slip and fall. How many people suffer today because the laws of God are not kept? Sure, I agree that we must forgive, but look at earth today. It is spiraling out of control because man chooses the world and its ways rather than God and his Christ. Therefore it is sorrowful. same as a friendship. If you choose to reject the means to keep a friendship healthy, then it will fail. again, friends must be forgiving. If you can't forgive your friend, then why be friends?

Edited by huskmc