IGNORED

Ancient Bible fragment found in Egypt.....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

Well, then, if you are familiar with John R. Rice's very informative writings on false doctrines, especially the Roman Catholic Church, as you appear to be, I also notice that you chose to distort the truth, and leave out pertinent information concerning the Jews and the apocryphyl, which is another reason why I will not discuss this with you any further. For the record, though, I will not agree with anything you have twisted and distorted regarding what I have written.

I think I have already answered your questions in all of my remarks if you really want answers and are not just playing games, look diligently enough,..... you will find your answers. Maybe not the answers you want to hear, but they are there. :(

Sorry Nikki, but I think I've shown my familiarity with John Rice...I am using John Rice to refute your false statements. I am honestly surprised that you brought him up...because based on your statements i would not have guessed that you would know who John Rice is. John Rice had alot going for him, and you are correct that he had alot of knowledge. Unfortunately, John Rice was also a religious bigot. He was an extremist and a separatist. He alienated himself from everyone he disagreed with and accused them of preaching a false religion.

Now...again you say that I am leaving out information...but I have to say that I am only using enough information as necessary to show you where you are wrong. Since you seem to look to John Rice as a source, it only seemed normal to show you what your own source has to say. What pertinent info did I leave out? You said the Jews rejected the apocrypha...your own source says they did not.

And just to clarify....you are NOT answering my questions. Any questions I have asked of you...you have dodged. For example, "Who decides for you what is inspired by God?" Maybe its John Rice, lol, I don't know. :noidea:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I cannot believe that this "discussion" started from a post about a shred of text found in the cover of an old book. :(

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

I cannot believe that this "discussion" started from a post about a shred of text found in the cover of an old book. :whistling:

I like to read the posts of those who are truly well-informed and have actually read and studied texts that they make reference to.... - but back to the OP - I think it's a fascinating archeaological find and I can't wait to hear more about it. I would just love to see it up close - a visit to Egypt and the Holy Land has been on my "Bucket List" for a long time!!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

I cannot believe that this "discussion" started from a post about a shred of text found in the cover of an old book. :whistling:

From OP article

Nikolas Sarris spotted a previously unseen section of the Codex Sinaiticus, which dates from about AD350, as he was trawling through photographs of manuscripts in the library of St Catherine's Monastery in Egypt.

Blessings, Fez:

I agree, this thread has deterioriated, which often happens when false doctrine, such as apocryphyl is brought into play. Let me explan a few things to you which you may or may not be aware of, because it is very important for us Christians who defend the Word of God, the Holy Scriptures, canonized by the Jews, to understand why the apocryphal are rejected from the canon of Scripture.

First, in recent times, the apocryphyl began sneaking and showing up in various Bibles by Bible publishers, incorporating them into Scripture in many languages due to the ecumenical movement by the Roman Catholic Church, and this so called shred of text that you refer to is no small matter. If you research it, the American Bible Society catalog of Scripture Resources show at least nine Bible containing false doctrine containing the apocryphal.

That little piece of text in the opening post is not included in the original Hebrew Old Testament which has been preserved by the Jews. The Holy Scriptures clearly state that God used the Jews to preserve His Word in Romans Chapter 3:1-2 not the Roman Catholic Church so we can conclude He saw to it that the Jews would reject the apocryphal books during the canon of Scripture. In fact, during the first centuries after Christ, they were not received as inspired Scripture as they were not even written in the Hebrew language, which alone was used by the inspired prophets of the Old Testament.

The Lord Jesus Christ himself never quoted from the apocryphal in all of His quotes from the Old Testament, nor did His chosen Apostles.

There are many dangerous and contrary false teachings in the apocryphal that are not included in the Christian Bible. I could go on and on, but suffice to say that these are not of God, as you wrote in your post #6

This is an original and accurate document, and is a tremedous find that only go's to reinforce that the Lord's word is true, pure and timeless.

The Greek Septuagint in the Codex includes books not found in the Hebrew Bible and regarded in the Protestant tradition as apocryphal, such as 2 Esdras, Tobit, Judith, 1 & 4 Maccabees, Wisdom and Sirach

Nikki

Edited by nikki1

Blessings, Fez:

I agree, this thread has deterioriated, which often happens when false doctrine, such as apocryphyl is brought into play. Let me explan a few things to you which you may or may not be aware of, because it is very important for us Christians who defend the Word of God, the Holy Scriptures, canonized by the Jews, to understand why the apocryphal are rejected from the canon of Scripture.

First, in recent times, the apocryphyl began sneaking and showing up in various Bibles by Bible publishers, incorporating them into Scripture in many languages due to the ecumenical movement by the Roman Catholic Church, and this so called shred of text that you refer to is no small matter. If you research it, the American Bible Society catalog of Scripture Resources show at least nine Bible containing false doctrine containing the apocryphal.

That little piece of text in the opening post is not included in the original Hebrew Old Testament which has been preserved by the Jews. The Holy Scriptures clearly state that God used the Jews to preserve His Word in Romans Chapter 3:1-2 not the Roman Catholic Church so we can conclude He saw to it that the Jews would reject the apocryphal books during the canon of Scripture. In fact, during the first centuries after Christ, they were not received as inspired Scripture as they were not even written in the Hebrew language, which alone was used by the inspired prophets of the Old Testament.

The Lord Jesus Christ himself never quoted from the apocryphal in all of His quotes from the Old Testament, nor did His chosen Apostles.

There are many dangerous and contrary false teachings in the apocryphal that are not included in the Christian Bible. I could go on and on, but suffice to say that these are not of God, as you wrote in your post #6

This is an original and accurate document, and is a tremedous find that only go's to reinforce that the Lord's word is true, pure and timeless.

The Greek Septuagint in the Codex includes books not found in the Hebrew Bible and regarded in the Protestant tradition as apocryphal, such as 2 Esdras, Tobit, Judith, 1 & 4 Maccabees, Wisdom and Sirach

Nikki

You say so many false and contradictory things...its hard to take you serious. Of course, I'm not sure you want to be taken seriously when you blurt out fantastical conspiracy theories about the British gov't and the Catholic church trying to undermine the Christians...lol. :huh:

(we need a smilie with a tin foil hat)

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Like this? Of course. these are REAL weirdos as opposed to smiley weirdos..... :huh:

http://torontoist.com/2007/02/blocking_satell.php

Like this? Of course. these are REAL weirdos as opposed to smiley weirdos..... :huh:

ROFL!! Tell the truth...thats you and yod..right??

Like this? Of course. these are REAL weirdos as opposed to smiley weirdos..... :rolleyes:

Busted! Yes, I'm the brown haired one and the red head in the middle is yod (good disguise, huh?). The big one with the partially covered face is just some woman that wandered through. :huh:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Like this? Of course. these are REAL weirdos as opposed to smiley weirdos..... :rolleyes:

Busted! Yes, I'm the brown haired one and the red head in the middle is yod (good disguise, huh?). The big one with the partially covered face is just some woman that wandered through. :huh:

You and Yod are very attractive MG - I think you look great in foil... :rolleyes:

You and Yod are very attractive MG - I think you look great in foil... :huh:

Well, thanks, Kat2! Who would have thought yod would make such a lovely redhead?? :rolleyes: Of course, you know it's brilliant; the government would never suspect that was yod...... :rolleyes:and they would never look for him in Toronto!