• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.22
  • Content Count:  4,274
  • Content Per Day:  4.76
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

This is a test. God is always faithful, and perhaps he is testing you and your family's faith. There are answers out there that God provides, but you must seek them. Having a relationship with Christ is a group activity and if you don't do your part, then God cannot do His. I'm praying that you find the way.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

This is a test. God is always faithful, and perhaps he is testing you and your family's faith. There are answers out there that God provides, but you must seek them. Having a relationship with Christ is a group activity and if you don't do your part, then God cannot do His. I'm praying that you find the way.

Right.

Praying

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/23/1958

There have not been any good times in I cannot remember how long. I pray all day and night, I believe, I am told I can magically speak and force things to happen (by christians).

When will God help us again? Why won't he take this curse away?

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

There have not been any good times in I cannot remember how long. I pray all day and night, I believe, I am told I can magically speak and force things to happen (by christians).

Then you are not a Christian yourself or am I misunderstanding you? God is not a piggy bank; He responds to what He believes we need and pushes us in the direction He wants us to go. His ways are not ours and we may not always understand them.

I have been a christian for 31 years this month. I am told many things, that God provides our needs. I know this is not so. i am told if we speak things, they must happen as our words have power. This is not so either.

I am told God has mysterious ways. This is a cop out. Either He cannot help or doesn't want to. A parnet neglecting their children this way would be in trouble.

People cannot explain honest questions so they do the 'myterious reasons' thing or accuse me.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

MG is right. God is not "magic". His Ways are beyond our understanding. We have to meet Him part way by having Faith and Believing that He is in charge. You must continue to pray - but you also must do things to make your situation better...

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

I have been a christian for 31 years this month. I am told many things, that God provides our needs. I know this is not so. i am told if we speak things, they must happen as our words have power. This is not so either.

I am told God has mysterious ways. This is a cop out. Either He cannot help or doesn't want to. A parnet neglecting their children this way would be in trouble.

People cannot explain honest questions so they do the 'myterious reasons' thing or accuse me.

I'm not accusing you of anything, alpha-bits; your post made it sound as though maybe you were not a Christian. Sorry if I misunderstood. I don't know who told you that, if we speak things, they must happen but that's simply not true. If you believe that God's ways are the same as ours then you are not grounded in the Word. Of course we can't explain His ways, WE are mortals; HE is God. We simply can't predict or direct His actions. You do not write as one who has absolute faith, sister, but that happens to nearly every believer at one time or the other and, yes, many of us have been angry at Him. Why not pray for the Lord to direct you in ways to help yourself?

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.22
  • Content Count:  4,274
  • Content Per Day:  4.76
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

God doesn't perform "magic." And the "prosperity doctrine" that "Christians" are telling you to count on is a bunch of hooey. What are you doing to live out your faith. Just praying isn't a relationship. Do you attend Church faithfully? Do you read God's Word faithfully? Have you surrendered, really surrendered your life to Christ? You say you have been a Christian for 31 years. You know what is required. What has changed in your spirit life that is causing this testing that you are undergoing? If you don't know, then maybe nothing has. But I can tell you one thing, God knew that you would feel and act this way when this stress came your way. He is not going to change anything until you change something.

I hope you know that there are many here who are praying for you and your situation.

Yes, I have a church and I read the bible hours nightly (read all of isaiah the other night).

thank you all who are praying. I visited a fellow churchmate to bathe and got to hear that I am slothfull and lazy and I can control God by my attitude.

Some don't realize how they push others away from the Lord.

All I know is the Bible says God provides our needs. This is a need, and He should be providing.