Fez

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

Blessings all, I think of Worthy as you, me and all that's called according to God's purpose. We are that light of the world. A city that is set on a hill that cannot be hidden. Placed upon a lampstand, and gives light to all who is in the house, (as well as those who's not in the house)... Matthew 5:14-16. Prisoners of the Lord, walking 'worthy'- ("of sufficient weight," a quality issuing from acknowledging what Christ has poured into us, rather than whatever worth is felt or unfelt in us), of the calling, with lowliness, gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Servicing one Lord, powered by one faith, receiving one baptism (publicly declaring faith in Jesus, and being filled with the Holy Spirit). Worshiping one God and Father of all, who is above all, and in you all. Ephesians 4:1-6. That made me shout, jotful

Edited by jotful

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

No, Worthy is not a church. I have always looked at Worthy as an outreach ministry that is fulfilling the commision in.....

[Matthew 28:18-20]--And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. vs 19) Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: vs 20) Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Certainly, Worthy has a wealth of information that is available to whomsoever will and be taught the word. And certainly this ministry is gone unto nations and the word is being preached by so many here at worthy and as long as this ministry goes on disciples will be made to follow Jesus. That is the way I see Worthy IMHO as an outreach ministry fulfilling [Matthew 28:18-20]

oc

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/06/1959

churchnoun

1.a building for public Christian worship.

2.public worship of God or a religious service in such a building: to attend church regularly.

3.(sometimes initial capital letterthinsp.png) the whole body of Christian believers; Christendom.

4.(sometimes initial capital letterthinsp.png) any division of this body professing the same creed and acknowledging the same ecclesiastical authority; a Christian denomination: the Methodist Church.

5.that part of the whole Christian body, or of a particular denomination, belonging to the same city, country, nation, etc.

6.a body of Christians worshipping in a particular building or constituting one congregation: She is a member of this church.

7.ecclesiastical organization, power, and affairs, as distinguished from the state: separation of church and state; The missionary went wherever the church sent him.

8.the clergy and religious officials of a Christian denomination.

9.the Christian faith: a return of intellectuals to the church.

10.(initial capital letterthinsp.png) the Christian Church before the Reformation.

11.(initial capital letterthinsp.png) the Roman Catholic Church.

12.the clerical profession or calling: After much study and contemplation, he was prepared to enter the church.

13.a place of public worship of a non-Christian religion.14.any non-Christian religious society, organization, or congregation: the Jewish church.

If you look at the definition, Worthy is pretty close to a cyber-church.

We don't meet in a building, but we do meet at a URL.... People come here to learn and make cyber friends. Most of us consider others as our brothers and sisters in Christ and I would imagine most of us consider ourselves members of Worthy.

Fellowship definately...... church..... almost.

I totally agree and we are the church. We carry it with us where ever we go. Times have changed and the "church" in order to be relevant has to change with the times.