oak

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

This has been a great struggle with me. When do we punish? When do we reject and cast away and yet when we do, are we still showing love and mercy. I would like to introduce Christ into this post. Yes, Christ was at times was very stern and said things that we sometimes touch upon

Edited by oak

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

8 priests in 10 years? Is that a normal rotation? It seems almost a revolving door. Is punishment due the latest priest? What has he done to deserve their displeasure? Punishment should always be meted with a certain sense of regret - it's not a pleasurable thing and the fact that it is sometimes necessary should be decided after considered thought. imo.

I remember that I attended a church that had to remove the pastor... but, he was involved in some serious felonies...

There are many pastors for whom I did not feel 'a spiritual connection', but that may have been my fault...

Blessings!

8 priests in 10 years? Is that a normal rotation? It seems almost a revolving door. Is punishment due the latest priest? What has he done to deserve their displeasure? Punishment should always be meted with a certain sense of regret - it's not a pleasurable thing and the fact that it is sometimes necessary should be decided after considered thought. imo.

I remember that I attended a church that had to remove the pastor... but, he was involved in some serious felonies...

There are many pastors for whom I did not feel 'a spiritual connection', but that may have been my fault...

Blessings!

Believer:

I

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

8 priests in 10 years, and all were unsatisfactory to the congregation.

It would be interesting to know their objections.

On the surface, to me, it seems as if they are shopping, looking for a priest that fits there wants and desires, rather than their spiritual needs.

The fact that they express satisfaction through their gladness causes me to think that they are the ones in need of correction and not the priests.

On the other hand, if they are devout followers of Christ and Glorify God in their everyday lives, well then, I'm mistaken.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Hi Oak,

I don't want to get sidetracked by denom issues. But are you Roman Catholic or Episcopalian? Whenever I hear Priest I assume Catholic. I think in Catholic parishes, it is what it is, you get sent a priest, you can complain about the priest and that will be taken into account; but isn't it essentially the Bishops decision, not the congregations?

Now if you are Protestant like most here your congregation chooses the leaders, my denomination sends us candidates and we must choose among those candidates but it is still up to the congregation. In that case if we were to go through 8 ministers in 10 years I would have to say the problem is with us.

Hi Oak,

I don't want to get sidetracked by denom issues. But are you Roman Catholic or Episcopalian? Whenever I hear Priest I assume Catholic. I think in Catholic parishes, it is what it is, you get sent a priest, you can complain about the priest and that will be taken into account; but isn't it essentially the Bishops decision, not the congregations?

Now if you are Protestant like most here your congregation chooses the leaders, my denomination sends us candidates and we must choose among those candidates but it is still up to the congregation. In that case if we were to go through 8 ministers in 10 years I would have to say the problem is with us.

Smalcald:

The replies I get always fascinate me though you

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

The congregation probably can influence the bishop. The bishops are very powerful in your religion and they take the decisions. Unless your church is considered poor and the priests dont want to stay there. You can stop the changing of a priest through court order and this is because orthodox priests are paid by goverment - the tax payers - not the church.

Christians deal with human authority by following the guidance of God and Jesus.

Blessings

Hi Oak,

Smalcald:

The replies I get always fascinate me though you

• Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

But what demonic forces did I mention?

I think the poster was confused with your 'denom" mention, when you meant denomination... ??

But what demonic forces did I mention?

I think the poster was confused with your 'denom" mention, when you meant denomination... ??

Oh yes I meant denominations, not demons. Oops.