• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  82
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/16/1959

Jesus himself did not always say positive things to people.

Matthew 21:12-13

12Jesus entered the temple area and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves. 13"It is written," he said to them, " 'My house will be called a house of prayer,' but you are making it a 'den of robbers.'"

Matthew 23:33

33"You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?

But we know that everything Jesus said was in love and to try and change the wicked behavior of others.

He also used humor...

Matthew 7:3-5

3"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Joking with others, as long as both of you know it is a joke, among friends is fine. Making someone the brunt of a joke to hurt them...is not. IMO

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  630
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  03/09/1990

IF you called the guy an airhead because you knew he'd laugh along and your relationship was edified as a result, that's fine

IF you called the guy an airhead to harm him or 'poke fun' and this person was not enjoying it and was harmed, that's sin

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

Ephesians 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

1 Th.5:11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as you do.

Well I agree with both of you, but venture to declare that we don't actually follow the scriptures to the letter in many of our posts do we? (I have been guilty of this, so no judgement from me, just an observation). Maybe we should be changing our ways some?

Staying in the word is always life changing. As time passes and we become strengthened and sensitive to His teachings our ways do change.

You had made mention of brotherly or manly joking around for fun. Yes , I 'm familiar with this, and it is fun as long as one person in particular is not the butt of the joke. All to often it is the same person over and over again being called the airhead, slowmo or whatever.

There are plenty of situations in life were we can enjoy laughing at ourselves, but there really is a fine line between that and subtle ridicule.

For example, a friend of mine, a somewhat beefy fellow, decided he would try his hand at rapid firing a 12ga. semi-automatic using 3in. magnum rounds...the result of course was him sitting on his butt in the mud, and yes we all had a good laugh. I will ad that labels like air head, that was dumb etc etc, were absent.

Anyway, I think as time passes and the Lord allows we are to bring ourselves more in line with His thinking and use each and every situation to it's most positive potential.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

IF you called the guy an airhead because you knew he'd laugh along and your relationship was edified as a result, that's fine

IF you called the guy an airhead to harm him or 'poke fun' and this person was not enjoying it and was harmed, that's sin

No I called him an airhead because he acted like one! He is my brother, my best friend, and we have not had one fight our entire lives, not one. My mother was constantly amazed! He is my brother, I love him, I would die for him and he for me, we work for Jesus together, we live apart but talk at least twice a day, our holidays are taken together, and every holiday is an outreach. But he is an airhead at times :whistling:

No I called him an airhead because he acted like one! He is my brother, my best friend, and we have not had one fight our entire lives, not one. My mother was constantly amazed! He is my brother, I love him, I would die for him and he for me, we work for Jesus together, we live apart but talk at least twice a day, our holidays are taken together, and every holiday is an outreach. But he is an airhead at times :whistling:

If he's okay (as in he is not discouraged) with being called an 'airhead', by all means... but I'm sure the term forgetful would be a little more appropriate than the 'airhead' box... I'm sure he has a brain. Just be careful with your desires and intentions.

With all that in mind, the phrase 'take it easy' also comes into play. Some things aren't worth fussing over.

:whistling: No fuss at all, as I said we know each other better than anyone else will ever do!

But my intention was not to highlight the (in our relationship), minor thing (and he gives as good as he gets!), but to set a foundation for how we sometimes treat each other here on Worthy.

And I think the point has been made as to how we should treat each other here. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: No fuss at all, as I said we know each other better than anyone else will ever do!

But my intention was not to highlight the (in our relationship), minor thing (and he gives as good as he gets!), but to set a foundation for how we sometimes treat each other here on Worthy.

And I think the point has been made as to how we should treat each other here. :rolleyes:

Indeed, now lets get to work. :whistling:

Amen Pokemaughan, amen :whistling: