• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  519
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/28/1980

Ken are you Jewish? Jesus worked on the sabbath, in fact he told us that the father is always working. Yes I believe in a day of rest I happen to get two of them every weekend. I can not stress enough that Love is the most important Law Jesus commanded it and Love fullfills the Law. The law is written for lawbreakers, but grace through Christ was given to escape the law. If we practice the law we will only fail over and over again. Christ has shown us his Love and too love one another through faith we are made right with God as was Abraham read Hebrews 11. In fact if your Jewish I suggest you read the whole book of Hebrews.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Monkying around is being euphemistic.

I think man

Edited by oak

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

I believe that Peter was having an issue with going and preaching to the Gentiles....

this was God's way of showing him that He did not make anything that was bad, that everything He had created was good...... even man......

this was God's way of preparing Peter for his next assignment....

mike

• 1 month later...
Guest Ken Rank
Ken are you Jewish? Jesus worked on the sabbath, in fact he told us that the father is always working. Yes I believe in a day of rest I happen to get two of them every weekend. I can not stress enough that Love is the most important Law Jesus commanded it and Love fullfills the Law. The law is written for lawbreakers, but grace through Christ was given to escape the law. If we practice the law we will only fail over and over again. Christ has shown us his Love and too love one another through faith we are made right with God as was Abraham read Hebrews 11. In fact if your Jewish I suggest you read the whole book of Hebrews.

I am not Jewish, I am a Christian. However, you will (respectfully speaking) not find anyplace in the NT where Yehoshua worked on Shabbat... and if he did, you will die in your sins. (gasp :39: ) Torah is more than law, Torah is instruction in righteousness. (see 2 Tim 3:16, and remember, there was no NT when Paul wrote that) It outlines what is sin or unrighteousness, and what is acceptable before God. It is the measuring stick that defines what is sin. Therefore, if Yehoshua, as the NT tells us, did not sin, then he did not sin against Torah, said measuring stick. If he worked on Shabbat, he sinned. Doing the Father's work (spiritual things, i.e. teaching God's instruction) should NOT be confused with swinging a hammer or painting or working on a car. Shabbat (Sabbath) is a day of rest, it is said to be everlasting, therefore, we keep it.

Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Col 2:17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

While the NIV adds words to the above verse ("which are a shadow of things which WERE to come") those words are not in the manuscripts. Are in present tense, they ARE a shadow of things to come.

Anyway, I am not attempting to get you to see it my way HS, you are welcome to believe and practice as you believe you are led to. By the way, I have read Hebrews, have you? Do you notice the prophecy (repeated from Jeremiah 31:31-34) in chapter 8 which tells us that the "new covenant" is made with the House of Judah (Jews) and the House of Israel (scattered northern Kingdom) and it does not mention gentiles or "the church?" That's because we may be descendents of the scattered northern Kingdom, but even if we are not, Ephesians 2 pretty clearly shows us we WERE gentiles, HAD no hope, WERE strangers to the covenants, DIDN'T know God, and WERE aliens (non-citizens) with the Commonwealth of Israel. But NOW through Yehoshua's blood, we HAVE hope, ARE partakers of the covenants, KNOW God, and are NOW "fellow citizens" with the Saints. (already established in the previous verses as Israel)

Yehoshua said: Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

When the church begins to see who they really are in scripture (not a replacement of, but fellow members with Israel) then I personally believe the times of the gentiles will come to an end.

Peace.

Ken

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,773
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  12/27/1957

What was God

Guest Ken Rank
I believe that Peter was having an issue with going and preaching to the Gentiles....

this was God's way of showing him that He did not make anything that was bad, that everything He had created was good...... even man......

this was God's way of preparing Peter for his next assignment....

mike

I agree with you Mike, thought we may see the overall picture slightly differently. Torah being given to God's people was said to be everlasting. God knew when Yehoshua would come in the flesh, did he mean "Torah is everlasting until then?" God does not change, everlasting means everlasting... no time limits... time not even a factor as eternity (everlasting) is void of time.

Peter was COMMMANDED BY GOD to rise and eat and he told God THREE times... "NO!" Did God rebuke him? No, the message was given. Using symbols, something Peter would understand, (unclean food) he showed Peter that Jewish MAN MADE laws pertaining to gentiles being unclean were NOT God given, and Peter says this exact thing both to Cornelius (Acts 10:28) and also before the Jews who were waiting to jump all over him when he returned from Cornelius' home. (Acts 11:2-18) Did the Jews who heard this contend with Peter? No, they held their peace because they too understood the message from God through the vision.

Peace.

Ken

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I am not Jewish, I am a Christian. However, you will (respectfully speaking) not find anyplace in the NT where Yehoshua worked on Shabbat...

Do you notice the prophecy (repeated from Jeremiah 31:31-34) in chapter 8 which tells us that the "new covenant" is made with the House of Judah (Jews) and the House of Israel (scattered northern Kingdom) and it does not mention gentiles or "the church?"

Legalistic Replacement theologian.

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  10

I am not Jewish, I am a Christian. However, you will (respectfully speaking) not find anyplace in the NT where Yehoshua worked on Shabbat...

Do you notice the prophecy (repeated from Jeremiah 31:31-34) in chapter 8 which tells us that the "new covenant" is made with the House of Judah (Jews) and the House of Israel (scattered northern Kingdom) and it does not mention gentiles or "the church?"

Whats replacement about that, its clear what Jer. and Heb. says with the houses of Judah and Israel. Isn't Israel who the gentile believers are grafted into? Anyone who believes in Him are grafted into that olive tree which is Israel from what I read. I have always taken 'all of Israel' to be all who believe in the Messiah.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Whats replacement about that, its clear what Jer. and Heb. says with the houses of Judah and Israel. Isn't Israel who the gentile believers are grafted into? Anyone who believes in Him are grafted into that olive tree which is Israel from what I read. I have always taken 'all of Israel' to be all who believe in the Messiah.

Yes, we are grafted into Israel, but we are not Israel. We are still "wild branches," they are the "natural branches."

There are some who believe that the "Gentiles" who came to Christ are actually descendents of the scattered Nortern Tribes, a movement called "Two House" or "Ephraimites." This theology is false.

"Church" is not mentioned in the Old Testament because it is a derivation of a German word for a meeting place of worship. In the New Testament, when you read the word "church" the Greek word is ekklisia which means simply "assembly." In other words, "church" is a term that originally did not exist in the New Testament either!

As for Gentiles, there are other prophecies that allude to us coming to faith in the God of Israel, but just not here.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,773
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  12/27/1957

The fact that the church is not mentioned in these scriptures is not note worthy. The church is not mentioned in the OT at all. It is referrred to as a mystery in the NT, one that was revealed in the fullness of times.

It would be hard to take "all of Iarael" to mean just those who believe in Messiah if you look at how meticulously Paul separates the Christians and the nation of Israel in this writing.