artsylady

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

I was blessed to have heard the testimony of an ex Muslim terrorist way over a year ago and wanted to share what he said. It had a great impact on me and maybe people will learn from it, as I did.

The testimony was heard at a highly publicised 3 day event. I was there for the final night. There was protests in the media like crazy and the Muslims were trying to accuse the church of 'hate crimes', however no charges came - rightfully so. There were many Muslims in attendance, ready to protest. I sat several rows back from a row of them. At the beginning of the service, they had 'ants in their pants' ready to argue, etc.

Here's what the guy said. I forget what country he came from but he was raised to hate Christians, Jews, etc, and taught how to kill from a young age. He lived the life of a terrorist until one day he was in a car accident. Two Christian men took him to the hospital. They visited him regularly and paid all of his bills. He overheard them arguing with each other about who would then take him into their home for further recovery. They were arguing "I want to take him", "No, let me take him home". One of the Christian men took him home to recover and the other visited regularly. What happened during his recovery was that he experienced something brand new. He experienced a sincere outpouring of unconditional love. He started to question Allah. He was very dramatic during his speech, yelling "Allah, why did you let them show me love?!!!" I had goosebumps. In conclusion, he became a Christian after experiencing God's love through true followers of Christ.

In the end, the young Muslims seated near the front were calmed. As the ex terrorist existed the stage, only one of them stood to shout a protest, while 2 others silenced him. It was quite an experience.

Can we imagine ourselves, if a Muslim, or other unsaved person, in need arguing with each other about who would be able to care for them?

I hope you are blessed from reading this as I was from hearing it.

Guest HIS girl

Thankyou artsy, that is food for thought.

My brother once heard an Iraqi ex-Muslim speak about his conversion to Chrisitanity (he had to flee the country) - it was the joy and the happiness and love that he witnessed by some Christians and couldn't relate to, that hit him so hard it made him question Islam.

I wonder if it was the same guy?

It's true though, that the 'love' they may have experienced is purely conditional. If they leave or question Islam, they are discarded or killed. Yet here are these 2 absolute strangers who really showed sincere unconditional love to him though he was totally different from them.

I was really blessed to have heard this. I only regret not attending the first 2 nights, where a different ex terrorist spoke.

Guest HIS girl

'artsylady'

I wonder if it was the same guy?

Not sure - I think this guy was in the military. He escaped with his whole family.

It's true though, that the 'love' they may have experienced is purely conditional. If they leave or question Islam, they are discarded or killed. Yet here are these 2 absolute strangers who really showed sincere unconditional love to him though he was totally different from them.

We are so blessed to be living in "free" countries to worship God/own a Bible/talk about Jesus openly that we forget and take it for granted. :cool: Others dream of this freedom.

I was really blessed to have heard this. I only regret not attending the first 2 nights, where a different ex terrorist spoke.

Absolutely - it would have been amazing testimony. :whistling:

Not sure - I think this guy was in the military. He escaped with his whole family.

Okay, not the same guy then. Same result though. Saved through the witness of God's genuine love.

We are so blessed to be living in "free" countries to worship God/own a Bible/talk about Jesus openly that we forget and take it for granted. Others dream of this freedom.

Exactly right. It's so easy for us here and have so much freedom we forget to love. We complain instead. Whereas Christians in Muslim countries have it more difficult, therefore become close to God and are more easily able to reach out in love, despite very serious possible repercussions.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  399
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

I heard this guy's testimony in a two part series broadcast from "Jewish Voice Today." It was powerful and compelling. He was a palestinian indoctrinated into terrorism at a very early age. His encouter with God was truly amazing and obviously life changing. He also tells about the reaction he received from former family and friends and the death threats that followed.

If anyone is interested in hearing that testimony, it can probably be found at the "Jewish Voice Today" website.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

That was a true blessing. I've been following the Muslim world, and in particular the witness being made among Muslims, and it is amazing. YouTube is loaded with such testimonies.

bb,

p.

• 1 month later...

Bump

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Was the name of this person Walid Shoebat?