Christian persecution in America

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

What get me is the replies to the poll. I really can't believe that there are that many people who would send her back to the fate of her father who vowed to kill her.

I think it's because the media keeps perpetrating the lie "Islam is a religion of peace."

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

What get me is the replies to the poll. I really can't believe that there are that many people who would send her back to the fate of her father who vowed to kill her.

I think it's because the media keeps perpetrating the lie "Islam is a religion of peace."

Or...maybe its because they believe in the constitutional principal that people are innocent until proven guilty.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Or...maybe its because they believe in the constitutional principal that people are innocent until proven guilty.

That sure is a funny way to think when someone threatens your life. Tell you what ... if someone threatened my life, and I believed they would take my life if given a chance, they are guilty in my eyes and I will do what it takes to preserve my life. You can just sit there if you want ... you do have a free will.

That sure is a funny way to think when someone threatens your life. Tell you what ... if someone threatened my life, and I believed they would take my life if given a chance, they are guilty in my eyes and I will do what it takes to preserve my life. You can just sit there if you want ... you do have a free will.

My comment was not about how an individual who is threatened may feel. Clearly, if a person feels threatened they should use all rational means of protecting themselves.

My comment was directed at the notion that the media is somehow responsible for perpetuating a mistruth simply because they are not treating all people of a particular group as if they are all the same. All people are not the same, and just because one (or some) does something wrong...doesn't mean that everyone in that particular group will do it too.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

My comment was not about how an individual who is threatened may feel. Clearly, if a person feels threatened they should use all rational means of protecting themselves.

My comment was directed at the notion that the media is somehow responsible for perpetuating a mistruth simply because they are not treating all people of a particular group as if they are all the same. All people are not the same, and just because one (or some) does something wrong...doesn't mean that everyone in that particular group will do it too.

Sorry, I did misunderstand your post ... :thumbsup:

I think I am still misunderstanding. Do you think Honor killings is part of the Islamic faith?

I think I am still misunderstanding. Do you think Honor killings is part of the Islamic faith?

Absolutely not! There have been fatwa's (religious edicts) issued against honor killings at the highest levels all over the world. Unfortunately, those fatwa's are only the religious opinions of Islamic leaders...its kind of like the Pope saying no to abortions, Catholics still have abortions. Even though the Catholic opinion on abortion comes from the highest levels, it doesn't force Catholics to obey...but it is still considered the opinion of the church.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

America is a haven for Christians, which makes the title of that post very misleading.

That story doesn't mean that Christians are persecuted in America.

This is a nation where Christian society rules as strongly as they choose over those who make our laws.

This is a nation where almost all of the population call themselves Christians.

This is a nation where churches are rightfully given tax free status.

Failure to be thankful to God for the overwhelming gifts showered on our nation may well lead to the loss of those gifts.

Absolutely not! There have been fatwa's (religious edicts) issued against honor killings at the highest levels all over the world. Unfortunately, those fatwa's are only the religious opinions of Islamic leaders...its kind of like the Pope saying no to abortions, Catholics still have abortions. Even though the Catholic opinion on abortion comes from the highest levels, it doesn't force Catholics to obey...but it is still considered the opinion of the church.

So you do think honor killings still happen? As part of some Islamic sects?

Do you think there are some Catholic sects that condone abortion?

Do you think the Koran has verses that promote violence?

America is a haven for Christians, which makes the title of that post very misleading.

America is a haven for all faiths to be able to experience religious freedom.

That story doesn't mean that Christians are persecuted in America.

I think I would agree with that. Her freedom to contine to practice Christianity without being killed was upheld in court, thank God. What is frightening is that a common practise in a Muslim country is now in America.

This is a nation where Christian society rules as strongly as they choose over those who make our laws.

This is a nation where almost all of the population call themselves Christians.

The problem is that many who call themselves Christians are voting.

This is a nation where churches are rightfully given tax free status.

All faiths are given tax free status.

Failure to be thankful to God for the overwhelming gifts showered on our nation may well lead to the loss of those gifts.

I am thankful but notice a trend happening where there is a new definition of tolerance: being tolerant and condoning the practises of all religions, except Christianity.