~candice~

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  830
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

I know that the regathering of Israel as a nation was prophetic. But what comes next in the timeline of prophetic events relating to Israel?

Is there something that we are waiting for or watching for, and if so...

(if you are a pre-trib) do you think this event will occur before the rapture?

(if you are post-trib) where in the post-trib timeline do you place this event?

Ta,

Andy

Not only will the pre-tribulationists take issue with me about this, but so will the post-tribulation/pre-"bowls of wrath" people take issue with me on this:

I think (not believe) that the great tribulation refers to the tribulation of the saints at the hand of the antichrist and his armies, which culminates in the gathering of the antichrist armies against Jerusalem.

"... And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations." (Rev 13:7)

The previous two verses say,

"... And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven." (Rev 13:5-6)

Daniel says the same thing:

"... I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them; Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom." (Dan 7:21-22)

"... And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end. And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him." (Dan 7:25-27)

DANIEL 12: 7:

"And I heard the man clothed in linen, who was on the waters of the river, when he held up his right and his left hand to Heaven, and swore by Him who lives forever that it shall be for a time, times, and a half. And when they have made an end of scattering the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished." (Dan 12:7)

There are only three places where great tribulation (Greek: megas thlipsis) is spoken about in the New Testament

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  07/28/1947

First time on this forum.

There will continue to be trouble between Israel and its neighbors. Many are now wondering of Israel will be forced to attack Iran to knock out their nuke facilities. Of course only the good Lord knows all of the details and what will come on any day in the future. There are a few ideas from scripture --- one may be that the Ezekiel 38 & 39 war where Israel's neighbors attack --- the Magog war ----- it seems that Russian and many Arab countries will be involved. Also there is a point where Isaiah 17 ---- the destruction of Damacus may come into play as well, considering that Syria with their hatred for Israel as well as their support for the various terror groups that constantly harrass Israel. But the good Lord will protect Israel because he proclaimed this over and over again in scripture, so they will not be destroyed.

I think that these things may happen before the rapture. The good Lord can use any method to get mankind's attention to show that he is the true God and that there is none else. Perhaps this will also be a great method to wake people up to their need for a savior.

These things I believe may occur before the rapture, and before Satan's counterfeit will arise.

Guest Ken Rank

I think Acts 3:19-21 is either being fulfilled or yet to be. Also, the Northern Kingdom (Ezekiel 37) has yet to be joined to Judah (Jews) and that needs to happen as well. The man of sin, the mark... there are many things. Of course, I do not believe in a pre-trib rapture so my view will be different than others.

Peace.

Ken

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  02/10/1959

They may read it, but their Imams and religious leaders tell them they don't have to believe it because it's a lie. They don't realize that they're calling God a liar.

I've seen some Muslims get such a fright when they heard what is written in Zechariah 12-14 and Ezekiel 35, that I could almost see them tremble in their spirits - but it did not make them question Islam or believe the gospel.

Sadly, the Muslims I've spoken to about the gospel will rather hang onto what they've been taught about Jesus being merely a prophet (of Islam), Mohammad being "the final prophet of Allah" and the Koran being "the final revelation of Allah" etc. Praise God for those who have accepted salvation!!! (there are many in the Middle East, I believe). But even more will rather be filled with religious hatred than accept the only salvation of their souls which is a gift from God.

But what about the Palestinian Christians?

There are some Palestinians who are descended from Christ's original followers. They are led by the Patriarch of Jerusalem, who is descended in a line from James, the apostle of Jesus.

Here is an essay written by one: http://www.religioustolerance.org/ata01.htm

And here is an article on them: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_Christians

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

The next event in the timeline is the barbecue/pool party.

:)

Guest shiloh357
But what about the Palestinian Christians?

There are some Palestinians who are descended from Christ's original followers. They are led by the Patriarch of Jerusalem, who is descended in a line from James, the apostle of Jesus.

Uh, that is not really true. Jesus' originial followers were Jews. The Palestinians are Arabs and there were no Arabs in the land of Israel until 5th or 6th century AD.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/22/1993

you know, i think that if isreal does start or fight a nuke war, the entire world will get involved, and guess what, we will have reached the end times. i think that we may be approaching the real time for the rapture, because the three years of peace seem near. the brink of destruction brings out the survival in people. its like they both have a gun to each others head saying dont shoot or you will be dead too. then comes the rapture, then the peace, then the world war. it all begins and ends with that city.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  228
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

As i SEE Israel will be alone.... and in the bible said that any nation will burden with Jeruselam will be cut to pieces.

Deut...14.2

But this Is my lasts words ... they say they dont like me so christ be with you.