Abusa

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, its hard to understand how people can be so stubborn sometimes.

God has put all the medicines in the nature and people won't utilise it.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

I am praying for their little girl who suffered needlessly. I know their faith is strong - but God has given us the means and the medicine to cure diseases like diabetes... they could have still prayed, but allowed her to be treated for a condition that is no longer a death sentence and can be treated.

:laugh: Believer, I can't even stand to know the pain that child when through. Yet, I must pray for her parents, who must lack enough of wisdom and understanding to know that God had provided a means to help in the healing of their daughter. But, I must admit, I'm having a tough time, ... how could they watch their child waste away...........praying..jotful

I did pray for these parents. I guess it took me especially hard today - we have a little one struggling to breath and so ill and they are doing everything medically possible to help her and we are PRAYING too.... I have spent part of the day on my knees and I'm not functioning well at all right now and I do have faith in God and the wisdom HE gave the medical staff caring for our grandchild. sorry. :emot-hug:

Oh Believer, I didn't mean you didn't pray for the parents. I was agreeing with what you said, and was adding that I was having a hard time praying, because self was in the way. That's why I have some many............before you get to praying, I'm so sorry if it sound any other way. I would never hurt you, please forgive me for this misunderstanding. jotful :(

Oh - I knew what you were saying Jotful.... You are so sweet and I know you would never hurt me or anyone. God Bless you, you are a prayer warrior!!! :whistling:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

So are you all having fun playing judge and jury?

Really, have none of you never taken a leap of faith off a cliff in your pursuit of the Lord, only to find yourself smashed to pieces on the ground below?

Really, are you desperate enough for God to take risks?

Sure, the stakes were high and costly in this case. And you can discern what they did wrong. But to hate them and regard them as evil people for losing their way in looking to the Lord?

Reaaly, the last thing these people need right now is to be the center of a feeding frenzy by brothers and sisters.

And as far as dealing with illnesses go, I wouldn't mind being where the girl is now, assuming she was a follower of Jesus herself.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  399
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Praying for this couple. I am sure the loss of their daughter is agony enough.

Really, have none of you never taken a leap of faith off a cliff in your pursuit of the Lord, only to find yourself smashed to pieces on the ground below?

Sure, the stakes were high and costly in this case. And you can discern what they did wrong. But to hate them and regard them as evil people for losing their way in looking to the Lord?

Reaaly, the last thing these people need right now is to be the center of a feeding frenzy by brothers and sisters.

And as far as dealing with illnesses go, I wouldn't mind being where the girl is now, assuming she was a follower of Jesus herself.

I don't think anyone here has had "fun" with this subject - it was heartbreaking - and unnecessary.

Yes, I've taken that all encompassing leap before - when we were told there was NOTHING more that could be done for our child despite constant prayers and literally going to every source possible to deal with his illness. In that dark moment the most comfort you can find is from a merciful God.

Yes - desperate - OH YES... I think a lot of people have been there and tried everything that God laid out before them.

I don't think there has been a feeding frenzy - just many Christians who realize that God does provide help for many things that ail us and while we should be prayerful and trust Him, we should also be mindful of things which He has provided for our use.

I can fully identify with your frustration and pain in dealing with a chronic illness :thumbsup: .... It is not easy, but we do have God and He should be the One to decide when we come home.

It is not easy, but we do have God and He should be the One to decide when we come home.

Well, maybe He did?

It is not easy, but we do have God and He should be the One to decide when we come home.

Well, maybe He did?

http://www.religionnewsblog.com/20958/madeline-neumann

... the cause of death was diabetic ketoacidosis, which develops when a person has too little insulin in their body. Left untreated, diabetic ketoacidosis might cause a person to lose consciousness and die, according the Mayo Clinic Web site.

... Madeline, who went by her middle name, Kara, had probably been ill for about 30 days, suffering symptoms like nausea, vomiting, excessive thirst, loss of appetite and weakness....

In my heart, I don't believe that God wanted this child to die - but after suffering for such a long time - He was merciful... and I cannot believe her parents wanted her to die either - but, I think they are responsible for her death through either their pride or their ignorance - it is hard to fathom.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Maybe everyone is just so appalled by this they don't know what else to say except 'how could you?'. But, no, they don't need judgment from anyone....God will take care of that. Only He knows what they were hearing from Him.

Well, maybe He did?

In my heart, I don't believe that God wanted this child to die - but after suffering for such a long time - He was merciful... and I cannot believe her parents wanted her to die either - but, I think they are responsible for her death through either their pride or their ignorance - it is hard to fathom.

But He didn't heal the girl, either. Although we could run around in circles on why she wasn't healed, the fact is they did seek the Lord to heal their daughter - and He didn't.

So what does that mean? :laugh:

Well, maybe He did?

But He didn't heal the girl, either. Although we could run around in circles on why she wasn't healed, the fact is they did seek the Lord to heal their daughter - and He didn't.

So what does that mean? :laugh:

Humbleseeker made a great comment earlier in this thread and it's quite appropriate...

"You can have all the faith in the world, but I still bet you look both ways before crossing a busy street".

I don't intend to run in circles about this or any other subject. When I had children, I got closer to God and laid my children on the altar of God - I've sat up so many nights with a child who struggled with illness - when God gives you children - you protect them and use the tools available to you to help them get well. There was no reason why that child had to die of an illness that is so easily treated. God gives us many blessings - and medical science to treat many illnesses has progressed by the Grace of God.