~Shalhevet~

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  399
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

I have always lived by the rule, if the door is open a crack, open it further and see what you find! It is probably an invitation!

I was told a story from our mother church in Durban recently. There was an older man who went to church every Sunday, sat by himself , worshiped listened to the service and went home. He always thought that there must be more he can do. The pastor had peached on recognising invitations and he went home and tought about it. The next week he was in church, nervous, not knowing what he should do. He eventually plucked up the courage and leaned over to a teenager in front of him, gave him a piece of paper with his name and address on it and his phone number, and said. I'm John if you ever need to talk contact me, and went home.

Nothing

Until the following Friday night there was a knock on his door, and the teenager stood there and said, I have a problem can we talk? John now has a house full of kids every weekend, drinking coffee, discussing the bible and their problems (teenagers have them I believe :8: ) I'ts like a 24 hour coffee shop, and kids are meeting in a safe environment, mixing with each other, bringing unsaved friends, and John, given his age, is able to assist with life advice. He is a changed man.

Is God not awesome! :rolleyes:

Yes He is brother!!!!

:thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I have always lived by the rule, if the door is open a crack, open it further and see what you find! It is probably an invitation!

I was told a story from our mother church in Durban recently. There was an older man who went to church every Sunday, sat by himself , worshiped listened to the service and went home. He always thought that there must be more he can do. The pastor had peached on recognising invitations and he went home and tought about it. The next week he was in church, nervous, not knowing what he should do. He eventually plucked up the courage and leaned over to a teenager in front of him, gave him a piece of paper with his name and address on it and his phone number, and said. I'm John if you ever need to talk contact me, and went home.

Nothing

Until the following Friday night there was a knock on his door, and the teenager stood there and said, I have a problem can we talk? John now has a house full of kids every weekend, drinking coffee, discussing the bible and their problems (teenagers have them I believe :rolleyes: ) I'ts like a 24 hour coffee shop, and kids are meeting in a safe environment, mixing with each other, bringing unsaved friends, and John, given his age, is able to assist with life advice. He is a changed man.

Is God not awesome! :thumbsup:

He is awesome indeed! What a GREAT story, fez! :8:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

Nothing

Until the following Friday night there was a knock on his door, and the teenager stood there and said, I have a problem can we talk? John now has a house full of kids every weekend, drinking coffee, discussing the bible and their problems (teenagers have them I believe :blink: ) I'ts like a 24 hour coffee shop, and kids are meeting in a safe environment, mixing with each other, bringing unsaved friends, and John, given his age, is able to assist with life advice. He is a changed man.

Is God not awesome! :laugh:

Wow Fez - that is an awesome testimony and a powerful lesson to us. Thanks for this!!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  519
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/28/1980

very cool