~Shalhevet~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

I have this interesting story about being called a couple weeks ago. It was a Friday night and I was going to sit at home and watch a movie. Suddenly I felt this need to get up and go to this karaoke bar where they were having a contest. I didn't know why I felt this need but it was intense and I assumed it was from God. So I dragged my butt off the couch and went.

I looked around and waited for something to happen or someone to come up to me for something. Maybe I was there to save someone? Maybe I was there to sing? Was it to win this contest? I had no clue. I saw this black lady with this incredible voice. After she sang, I sang and then got very ill and had to go home. For an entire week I could not stop thinking about that night. Why was I there?

A week later was the contest finale. I was called on again. By this time, I think my husband thought I was crazy. But I went, looked around and there was the black lady I saw last week. She was in the finals. She sat alone at the very back of the crowded beer tent and so I came up to her and we talked. She made it known quite quickly that she was a very devout Christian. Her presence was incredible. She had so much energy and was joyful and told me her testimony and praised Jesus for nearly everything. She awed me. I could not believe her faith. It was unreal. So maybe this was why I was there on Friday? To meet her? She invited me to her gospel church to sing the next Sunday. This woman went up in front of hundreds of people and sang a Christian song. I could not believe it. I could not believe the reaction she got from the crowd. When she sang my heart raced. Before her final song, she told me how much she needed the $1,000 prize. She must have been having some hardship. So I prayed for her to win the entire night. And SHE DID! In fact, she sang so hard she made the judges cry. It was amazing to watch.

So was that it? Was I there to pray for her. Probably, but that's not the end of the story. The following Saturday night I went down to the coffee shop to get some coffee. A black man sat down beside me, whom I've never seen before. He was very communicable and very interested in my testimony. I could tell he was struggling so I told him of this church (the one that the lady had recommended to me). He continued to ask about my testimony and I continued to share it with him for over an hour. Then he told me what happened to him. He has been in a gang for a very long time and wanted out. He recently told his gang friends he wanted to change his life. And that very morning, one of the gang members approached him in school and said that he was going to kill him. This man was so scared for his life that he broke up with his girlfriend for her protection. Then it all came to me...all of this happened because of him. I needed to give my testimony to him. I almost started crying. God really did call me. It was amazing. And the best part about it, as I was leaving he said "So I'll see you at that church on Sunday?" Wow. I really hope he went.

Anyone else have any stories similar to share?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  415
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/02/1945

What an incredible story of being used by God. We all need to obey that prompting from the spirit and see what God will do! :emot-fail:

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  415
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/02/1945

Oh, the story I didn't put in the other post.

Remember Jim and Tammy Faye Baker? When the story hit about the PTL fraud and Jim Bakker went to jail, I have to admit that I was as disgusted as anyone else. I heard on the news that the law enforcement officers at the jail recommended he see a shrink and the one that they picked had positive leanings toward suicide in certain instances. Jim looked like a train wreck and appeared to be headed for a complete nervous collapse in the pics of him. I also read it in the paper and remember thinking well, he got himself in this mess.

That night about 12:00 God woke me up and said get down on your knees right now and intercede for Jim Bakker. I didn't want to, I was sleepy and besides I did not really like the man. I obeyed God, with much weeping and prayer for about one half hour. The next day I read in the paper that the powers that be had decided not to use the dr. they had previously picked. I believe that Jim was so fragile that he would have found a way to kill himself if God had not intervened. Some may not believe it, but I truly believe the man repented, but he had to pay the consequences for what he had done and he would never rise to the heights he had once attained. It is wonderful how merciful the Lord is.

Great story!!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  519
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/28/1980

I believe Jim is serving the Lord. He made a mistake grabbed to much out of the offering plate. And of course they want to hang a preacher for anything.

• Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

My pastor has said that many of us miss important spiritual appointments because we don't listen to the Holy Spirit's prompting. Sounds like you made it for 2. :emot-hug:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I have always lived by the rule, if the door is open a crack, open it further and see what you find! It is probably an invitation!

I was told a story from our mother church in Durban recently. There was an older man who went to church every Sunday, sat by himself , worshiped listened to the service and went home. He always thought that there must be more he can do. The pastor had peached on recognising invitations and he went home and tought about it. The next week he was in church, nervous, not knowing what he should do. He eventually plucked up the courage and leaned over to a teenager in front of him, gave him a piece of paper with his name and address on it and his phone number, and said. I'm John if you ever need to talk contact me, and went home.

Nothing

Until the following Friday night there was a knock on his door, and the teenager stood there and said, I have a problem can we talk? John now has a house full of kids every weekend, drinking coffee, discussing the bible and their problems (teenagers have them I believe :whistling: ) I'ts like a 24 hour coffee shop, and kids are meeting in a safe environment, mixing with each other, bringing unsaved friends, and John, given his age, is able to assist with life advice. He is a changed man.

Is God not awesome! :emot-hug:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

I have always lived by the rule, if the door is open a crack, open it further and see what you find! It is probably an invitation!

I was told a story from our mother church in Durban recently. There was an older man who went to church every Sunday, sat by himself , worshiped listened to the service and went home. He always thought that there must be more he can do. The pastor had peached on recognising invitations and he went home and tought about it. The next week he was in church, nervous, not knowing what he should do. He eventually plucked up the courage and leaned over to a teenager in front of him, gave him a piece of paper with his name and address on it and his phone number, and said. I'm John if you ever need to talk contact me, and went home.

Nothing

Until the following Friday night there was a knock on his door, and the teenager stood there and said, I have a problem can we talk? John now has a house full of kids every weekend, drinking coffee, discussing the bible and their problems (teenagers have them I believe :laugh: ) I'ts like a 24 hour coffee shop, and kids are meeting in a safe environment, mixing with each other, bringing unsaved friends, and John, given his age, is able to assist with life advice. He is a changed man.

:whistling:

Nothing

Until the following Friday night there was a knock on his door, and the teenager stood there and said, I have a problem can we talk? John now has a house full of kids every weekend, drinking coffee, discussing the bible and their problems (teenagers have them I believe :whistling: ) I'ts like a 24 hour coffee shop, and kids are meeting in a safe environment, mixing with each other, bringing unsaved friends, and John, given his age, is able to assist with life advice. He is a changed man.

Amazing!

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Thanks for sharing these!

It means a lot.