• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

I am trying to think how we should respond to this as Christians?

My first reaction is to fumigate and so forth, but that does no good. I really worry about our country and where it is going and I really worry about my children when I see all of this on t.v.

Do we protest? I don't think so the more I think about it. There is a script that they are waiting for us to play. Our script is that we are supposed to be the intolerant mean people opposing the civil rights of others; they need us, they need an enemy, every identity rights movement needs an enemy. I don't think we should play that role we should not continually play into the script that is written for us by the secular world.

The key is that we become stronger internally, that we focus on keeping our congregations strong, that we support each other and our children.

Let the world be the world and let Christians be Christians.

I remember when the feminist movement was so heated in the 1970's, and we were told that congregations that did not ordain women were sexist. Well we did not protest, we did not fight that, we just went about our business and we don't ordain women today and no one cares. These movements rage and foam like frothy water, it will wash over the rock and the rock will not be changed.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

FACT No. 1 - Homosexuality is a deeply depraved aberration, an abnormality of the first order.

FACT No. 2 - Heterosexuality is the divinely-sanctioned order of created humanness. Matt. 19:

FACT NO. 3 - Jesus loves homosexuals (not their sin) and died to transform their lives.

FACT No. 4 - Both homosexuals & heterosexuals need to be born from above. John 3:1-7.

FACT No. 5 - In 2010 & 12, be sure to elect conservative politicians who love Jesus & obey His Holy Word.

God Bless The USA! :rolleyes:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

The world will become more sinful, probably to a point that is beyond our imaginations. We, Christians, can not save the world, nor have we been called to do so. We can not save anyone. We are to continue to speak the truth and allow His Spirit to convict them of their sins, as He did with us.

Throughout scripture, we are told that in the last days, the world will hate Him more and more, that we will be prosecuted because of Him and that man will continue their downward spiral into sin. This is prophesy. We can not change that, yet, we are called to bring Christ to people, as an example of Him. We should continue to draw closer to God and allow Him to continue the work He started in us. Protests, signs, screaming, debates and the like will do nothing but fuel the fire. We can write our Government officials and let them know how we feel, praying that it touches their heart.

I must answer what Smalclad stated:

I remember when the feminist movement was so heated in the 1970's, and we were told that congregations that did not ordain women were sexist. Well we did not protest, we did not fight that, we just went about our business and we don't ordain women today and no one cares.

Women are being ordained more and more these days. In my area, it is extremely hard to find a church that does not have a female pastor. We did nothing then and they are now ordained. We will do nothing now, and sin will abound. This, my friend, is not really our choice, but prophesy, as I mentioned. Is it God who is holding us back? I am not totally sure, but am leaning in this direction. If we come out in force, we will be swimming against the current, so to say. God has a plan that will bring about the return of His Son, Christ Jesus, to remove those who we now fight against in spirit. No matter how we want things to go our way, they will not. They will go Gods way and we should be eternally grateful they are. He gave us a plan of action, and this plan say nothing of the physical defense, but a spiritual one.

Ephesians 6:10-20

The Whole Armor of God

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,773
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/27/1957

Grace to you,

Today I went to D.C. to McPhereson Square Park which is two blocks from the White House Gates. We normally join a larger Ministry to Minister to the Homeless in the park.

However, I wasn't aware that this March was going on. There were thousands of marchers dressed in Pink.

The larger point I wanted to convey was that the point of the March was to demand civil rights for lesbians, gays, bisexuals, and transsexuals.

Yet what I saw were hundreds and hundreds of preprinted signs both being carried and in the park where they assembled with the sentiment, and I'm paraphrasing now, "That Religious intolerance needs to be stopped, " something like, "Stop Religious Intolerance and Hatred Now!"

I went on to find the Ministry and the Homeless two blocks up in Franklin Square Park.

I was wondering what the Christian community here at Worthy thought of the message that I saw?

Peace,

Dave

Truth is, Christians show hatred and intolerence towards homosexuals. They mask it by saying, "No, it's really love" but it isn't.

In order to show love, you first have show respect. Christians fail to respect homosexuals.

In America, where all men are created equal, the life style choices of each American are part of our societal make-up and by law should be respected. The idea of using the government to discrminate against people whose choices we do not agree with is un-American and un-Christian. This approach to homosexuals by the "Christian Community" is seen as hate and intolerance because it is. Even more so, it is fueled by fear mongering Christian leaders who say the world wil come to an end and the institution of mariage will be destroyed. THE SKY IS FALLING.

It is always easy for Christian folk who keep their sins well hidden to point fingers at others who leave their sins out in the open. The sins of the homosexual are no greater than the sins of the rest of us, just easier to point a finger at.

There is no love in the way the extremely visible Christian leaders treat the homosexual. They put a stumbling block between those who need JESUS, those HE died for, and the SAVIOR they need. IN fact, they put up a wall between the unsaved homosexuals and JESUS.

Those Christian folk who are evangelizing and showing love for the homosexual are constantly having to explain that these leaders are not reflecting JESUS or Christianity just to put a small hole in that wall.

The only thing that will defeat sin and evil in this world is the spread of the gospel, not political and social engineering spurred on by intolerant, self-righteous, hateful Christians who do not deal with their own sins but readily want to deal with every body elses.

I could be wrong. That is just what I see.

HIS peace and love to all of HIS people, homosexual and not.

FACT No. 1 - Homosexuality is a deeply depraved aberration, an abnormality of the first order.

FACT No. 2 - Heterosexuality is the divinely-sanctioned order of created humanness. Matt. 19:

FACT NO. 3 - Jesus loves homosexuals (not their sin) and died to transform their lives.

FACT No. 4 - Both homosexuals & heterosexuals need to be born from above. John 3:1-7.

FACT No. 5 - In 2010 & 12, be sure to elect conservative politicians who love Jesus & obey His Holy Word.

God Bless The USA! :laugh:

:rolleyes::laugh::laugh:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Christians fail to respect homosexuals.

God is not a respector of persons or lifestyles.

He has called all men every where to repentance. :rolleyes:

Please explain your above comment and stop painting all of us with a broad brush stroke. :laugh:

Also please explain how making specific new laws that guarentee rights for a lifestyle choice is going to guarentee respect. There are already laws that cover what it i that these folks are asking for, there is equal protection under the law for everyone one in the U.S. and in certain cases as evidenced by hate laws there is supra-equal protection for some particular groups.

Peace,

Dave

Truth is, Christians show hatred and intolerance towards homosexuals.

Oh?

Please point out where I or anyone has shown hatred toward homosexuals. Thank you. I am a Christian as are most who come here, so since we are the "evil", not the homosexual activist, it shouldn't take you long.

First of all, it doesnt say ALL CHRISTIANS. It say Christians. IF you need the word SOME put in before the word Christian, then put it there. But, what one does in the name of JESUS reflects on all of us.

You really aren't telling me that you have not seen intolerance towards homosexuals by Christians, are you? A holy war has been raged by "SOME CHRISTIAN LEADERS" against alowing them the same rights as those we deem acceptable.

Grace to you,

He has called all men every where to repentance. :rolleyes:

Please explain your above comment and stop painting all of us with a broad brush stroke. :laugh:

Also please explain how making specific new laws that guarentee rights for a lifestyle choice is going to guarentee respect. There are already laws that cover what it i that these folks are asking for, there is equal protection under the law for everyone one in the U.S. and in certain cases as evidenced by hate laws there is supra-equal protection for some particular groups.

Peace,

Dave

As I pointed out to someone else, it doesn't say ALL CHRISTIANS. If you need to add the word SOME , then do so. However, since I pointed to those who try to reach the homosexual community with love and respect, it is obvious that it is not an all inclusive statement.

Fighting to keep a people from not being able to enjoy the same rights as other people is disrespectful of that other people. It is discrimination and it is wrong. THey want to marry. They want the right to transfer spousal priveledge. The rights of inheritance and social security and all the other rights that many are fighting to keep only for those who choose a particular life style. They want to be treated equal as human beings and citizens of this country and of this world. They want the right to fight and die for their country without prejudice.

Yes, homosexuality is a sin. Those trapped in this addictive sin need JESUS. No, the church should never marry them or ordain them, or in anyway recognize them as married.

Sorry if you do not agree. Spend some time with the homosexual community and tell me what you feel they feel is the Christian attitude towards them. I have been there amoungst them. The barrier placed between those that need JESUS and thier savior is massive. If you think this is a good thing...

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

He has called all men every where to repentance. :whistling:

Please explain your above comment and stop painting all of us with a broad brush stroke. :24:

Peace,

Dave

As I pointed out to someone else, it doesn't say ALL CHRISTIANS. If you need to add the word SOME , then do so. However, since I pointed to those who try to reach the homosexual community with love and respect, it is obvious that it is not an all inclusive statement.

Fighting to keep a people from not being able to enjoy the same rights as other people is disrespectful of that other people. It is discrimination and it is wrong. THey want to marry. They want the right to transfer spousal priveledge. The rights of inheritance and social security and all the other rights that many are fighting to keep only for those who choose a particular life style. They want to be treated equal as human beings and citizens of this country and of this world. They want the right to fight and die for their country without prejudice.

Yes, homosexuality is a sin. Those trapped in this addictive sin need JESUS. No, the church should never marry them or ordain them, or in anyway recognize them as married.

Sorry if you do not agree. Spend some time with the homosexual community and tell me what you feel they feel is the Christian attitude towards them. I have been there amoungst them. The barrier placed between those that need JESUS and thier savior is massive. If you think this is a good thing...

Grace to you,

Again, God is not a respector of persons or lifestyles. :24:

There isn't any current right that I have that they don't. :thumbsup:

What they want is you and I tobe shut up and forced into accepting their lifestyle as normal, this is evidenced by my first hand account of the signs they were carrying.

How does making Homosexual Marriage acceptable in our society further it?

Please provide proof positive in the History of the whole world where a scoiety that has accepted this particular practice as normal and even acceptable has prospered and flourished. Please provide scriptural proof that God will bless the Nation that accepts and normalizes this practice. :thumbsup: As Christians God's Word comes first as principle and is a blessing to any Nation. :thumbsup:

Pr

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

The world will become more sinful, probably to a point that is beyond our imaginations. We, Christians, can not save the world, nor have we been called to do so. We can not save anyone. We are to continue to speak the truth and allow His Spirit to convict them of their sins, as He did with us.

Throughout scripture, we are told that in the last days, the world will hate Him more and more, that we will be prosecuted because of Him and that man will continue their downward spiral into sin. This is prophesy. We can not change that, yet, we are called to bring Christ to people, as an example of Him. We should continue to draw closer to God and allow Him to continue the work He started in us. Protests, signs, screaming, debates and the like will do nothing but fuel the fire. We can write our Government officials and let them know how we feel, praying that it touches their heart.

I must answer what Smalclad stated:

I remember when the feminist movement was so heated in the 1970's, and we were told that congregations that did not ordain women were sexist. Well we did not protest, we did not fight that, we just went about our business and we don't ordain women today and no one cares.

Women are being ordained more and more these days. In my area, it is extremely hard to find a church that does not have a female pastor. We did nothing then and they are now ordained. We will do nothing now, and sin will abound. This, my friend, is not really our choice, but prophesy, as I mentioned. Is it God who is holding us back? I am not totally sure, but am leaning in this direction. If we come out in force, we will be swimming against the current, so to say. God has a plan that will bring about the return of His Son, Christ Jesus, to remove those who we now fight against in spirit. No matter how we want things to go our way, they will not. They will go Gods way and we should be eternally grateful they are. He gave us a plan of action, and this plan say nothing of the physical defense, but a spiritual one.

Ephesians 6:10-20

The Whole Armor of God

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints