Matthitjah

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.19
  • Days Won:  115

I do believe that people who are gay deserve equal employment protections and should be free from hate and harassment. We don't fire people for being divorced anymore, we don't refuse to rent to people who want to fornicate and shake up outside of marriage anymore, so yes they do deserve equal protection under the law.

But marriage IS equal, any gay person can get married, they just do not have the right to marry another person of the same sex. Just like a man who does not have 20/20 vision does not have the right to drive a car without corrective lenses. OR consider the fact that males cannot get pregnant, maybe the government should invest resources in finding out a way that we could get pregnant as it is not equal that we can't, and it is unfair and unjust. Marriage is defined as something between a man and women and all men and women in the US can avail themselves of marriage regardless of their race or sexual desires and practices. What they don't have the right to do is change the definition of marriage. Marriage needs a husband and a wife, who is what in a gay union?

Now if they wish to have civil contracts letting them live with legal protections I would not have a problem with that, but that is not what they want.

I have given up on the issue personally, its coming it is just a matter of time, so our question is how do we handle it when it is fully here (we already have several states with FULL marriage rights), and how do we want to go down on this issue?

I say we make our opinion known and go about our business, it is time to shake the dust from our

feet on this one.

This is a good thermometer on just how far down the wrong road we have come. When sin become acceptable, sin is the norm. I would rather be seen as an outsider, sticking to biblical truth, then following what has become acceptable in society.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

I do believe that people who are gay deserve equal employment protections and should be free from hate and harassment. We don't fire people for being divorced anymore, we don't refuse to rent to people who want to fornicate and shake up outside of marriage anymore, so yes they do deserve equal protection under the law.

But marriage IS equal, any gay person can get married, they just do not have the right to marry another person of the same sex. Just like a man who does not have 20/20 vision does not have the right to drive a car without corrective lenses. OR consider the fact that males cannot get pregnant, maybe the government should invest resources in finding out a way that we could get pregnant as it is not equal that we can't, and it is unfair and unjust. Marriage is defined as something between a man and women and all men and women in the US can avail themselves of marriage regardless of their race or sexual desires and practices. What they don't have the right to do is change the definition of marriage. Marriage needs a husband and a wife, who is what in a gay union?

Now if they wish to have civil contracts letting them live with legal protections I would not have a problem with that, but that is not what they want.

I have given up on the issue personally, its coming it is just a matter of time, so our question is how do we handle it when it is fully here (we already have several states with FULL marriage rights), and how do we want to go down on this issue?

I say we make our opinion known and go about our business, it is time to shake the dust from our

feet on this one.

This is a good thermometer on just how far down the wrong road we have come. When sin become acceptable, sin is the norm. I would rather be seen as an outsider, sticking to biblical truth, then following what has become acceptable in society.

Yeah I know what you mean I agree.

I think we have reached the tipping point in this society. My youngest daughter goes to a decent little public school; we live up here in a small town, not some big city, not a place with a lot of huge what I would call social problems. But anyway in her class of 18 5th graders, there are only 8 who are from families that are married, never been divorced; raising their own kids. The rest of the kids are from families who are divorced, never been married single parents, parents who are living together outside of marriage or blended families. I am not condemning ANY of those people, but the fact is that is the norm today. I kind of feel like we should have diversity training for kids from married never been divorced families as they are in the minority and may feel odd.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.22
  • Content Count:  4,274
  • Content Per Day:  4.72
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

feet on this one.

That's right.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,773
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  12/27/1957

I will stick to what I stated. They carry those signs as a result of their perception of how the Christian community has treated them. Since perception is reallity, it would seem you would seek to know why they perceive things to be so. As for me, I have spent enough time with members of the homosexual community to know why they carry those signs. I have seen enough from SOME Christians to know why they look upon all us us with distrust.

What do you think they see when they read scripture about Sodom and Gomorrah or Romans 1? What do you think about those who call themselves Homosexual Christians, having their own churches?

Since the "regular" churches will not treat them with anything but contempt, where else can they go to be with the ONE they need to save them? None of which is the point.

feet on this one.

Sin has always been acceptable for the unsaved. It will never be acceptable for the saved. The question is, when do the saved have the right to use the government and laws to force people to live as we believe they should in a country that is founded on equality and freedom of religion? The very freedoms we have in this country are founded in the Biblical principal of personal value and choice. If you want to live in a nation where you have no freedom of religion then continue to try to force yours on someone else.

Evil will only be defeated by a changing of hearts as a result of a spreading of the gospel. Laws and discrimination will never win a victory, they just inflame the battle.

I will stick to what I stated. They carry those signs as a result of their perception of how the Christian community has treated them. Since perception is reallity, it would seem you would seek to know why they perceive things to be so. As for me, I have spent enough time with members of the homosexual community to know why they carry those signs. I have seen enough from SOME Christians to know why they look upon all us us with distrust.

What do you think they see when they read scripture about Sodom and Gomorrah or Romans 1? What do you think about those who call themselves Homosexual Christians, having their own churches?

Well brother............. Obviously we should re-write the Bible and take out the offensive stuff and never ever talk about it again. :taped:

That's the whole point of my observations and the sign that those folks were carrying.

No thanks. :) I'll keep speaking forth the truth and letting God convict and save souls. :(

I have spent much time in conversations with many homosexuals. I have told them that their life style is sin. I have also told them MY LIFE STYLE IS SIN. Never had one of them get mad at me yet. When we acknowledge we are all sinners, then we can talk to each other on an equal plain on why we need a savior.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.88
  • Days Won:  33

Sin has always been acceptable for the unsaved. It will never be acceptable for the saved. The question is, when do the saved have the right to use the government and laws to force people to live as we believe they should in a country that is founded on equality and freedom of religion? The very freedoms we have in this country are founded in the Biblical principal of personal value and choice. If you want to live in a nation where you have no freedom of religion then continue to try to force yours on someone else.

Evil will only be defeated by a changing of hearts as a result of a spreading of the gospel. Laws and discrimination will never win a victory, they just inflame the battle.

:(

I agree, with one minor amendment. Christians have the right to say that the bible calls it sin, even though the government approves (appropriately laced with grace, of course).

I have spent much time in conversations with many homosexuals. I have told them that their life style is sin. I have also told them MY LIFE STYLE IS SIN. Never had one of them get mad at me yet. When we acknowledge we are all sinners, then we can talk to each other on an equal plain on why we need a savior.

:):taped::thumbsup:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Since the "regular" churches will not treat them with anything but contempt, where else can they go to be with the ONE they need to save them? None of which is the point.

It is exactly the point, so they start their own Church and change the Word of God to suit what their itching ears want to hear. :thumbsup:

It is exactly what the OP is about, they don't want you and I telling them the Truth even in Love because it isn't suitable to their ears. The OP made mention of the signs they were carrying which were stating, "Stop Religious Bigotry and Hatred now!"

So according to you because Christians condemn them they have the right to go outside of the Word of God and start their own exclusively Homosexual Churches which deny the Word of God? :):o

Please explain that Biblically with Scripture and justify this action. :laugh:

The point of the OP and this thread, which you have hijacked with your condemnation of your brethren, is that the extreme homosexual community wants you to be quiet, even if you are speaking in Love.

Mt

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.88
  • Days Won:  33

So then Dave, is it pointless trying to correct the view of the extremist homosexual in their views about us christians as intolerant? Seems to me that if their eyes are blinded and ears are blocked, then our attempts to reach out to them in the fullness of truth and grace just gives them more fodder?

What do you propose for a solution?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

So then Dave, is it pointless trying to correct the view of the extremist homosexual in their views about us christians as intolerant? Seems to me that if their eyes are blinded and ears are blocked, then our attempts to reach out to them in the fullness of truth and grace just gives them more fodder?

What do you propose for a solution?

Andy,

That was never my intent. They need to hear the Truth.

Before the thread was hijacked the intent was to ask a question about what this portends for us Christians in this Nation, not the opposite.

If they stop up their ears and are blinded they are left with nothing else but our witness, which is God's witness, and the condemnation of God. I'm sorry if that makes you uncomfortable but some folks just won't listen. Even the Lord knew this. :thumbsup: It also doesn't mean that we stop loving them but the fault does not lie with the Church.

Ro