• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/28/1987

It's one thing to declare "we're in the end times." It's quite another to provide evidence of same. As it stands,I don't believe I'm compelled to act like Chicken Little whenever someone else does. Frankly, I'm more than tired of endtimes hysteria. It's not only juvenile and immature, its beginning to bore me.

are you saying you need evidence that we're in the end times? don't you know this mentality is completely unbiblical?

"By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family." Hebrews 11:7

you must not believe heaven and hell exist then, if you hold to this, for you don't have any "evidence", in the worldly sense of the term, of their existence, do you?

and i'm going to overlook the fact that you've just called myself and numerous other christians "chicken littles", and say that i agree there is a ton of end times hysteria. indeed it seems to be the current fad. so much so that christians are not the only ones participating in it, or religious individuals of any kind, but rather unbelievers/athiests/new agers/agnostics/etc have jumped aboard as well.

so yes in this regard, when the only outcome is an increase of fear and panic, it is very "juvenile and immature" as you say. but it would be very juvenile and immature to completely dismiss the possibility that we're in the end times merely because of some foolish individuals, tv shows, movies, etc, would it not?

i do not intend to sound harsh or what not - i don't want to cause arguments or anything, and i'm not trying to be rude when i say this, but your words make you sound no different than an unbeliever. you don't believe prophecy is about to unfold because you don't have evidence? not only that but your post reeks of pride and arrogance. perhaps if you would only become more humble, you would be less stubborn and therefore more capable of changing your beliefs?

"Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money. Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that." James 4:13-15

like jesus said, we should become like little children (humble). and why should we become like little children? because they're easy to teach.

i really do encourage you to go alone in your room, close the door, shut the lights off, seek god, and ask his holy spirit to "lead you into all truth" about the coming events. if you do so like a little child, it will be done.

again i realize my words may sound very harsh - like i am a mean, angry person or something, but i write this with sincerity.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

AngelInDisguise,

Thank you for all your work putting together this post. I enjoyed it and truely believe that we are in the end times. Jesus warned us in many scriptures, Matthew chapter 24 or one. Jesus wanted and wants us to be alert and ready for His coming. Jesus even gave a parable of the ten virgins in Matthew chapter 25:1-13, how not to be foolish, but prudent. God bless you precious child of God. :th_praying: Good job!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I'm saying yes, we are in the end times. And, since you can't take it with you, sell it, like Lord Jesus told you to sell everything and give it to the poor to have treasure in heaven. The bible makes it clear that we are in the end times, ever since 2000 years ago.

1Jn2:18 Little children, it is the last hour: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the end time.

Nevertheless, we can't sit around fretting about it. Let that belief move you to action, let it move you to charity, sell, give. no sarcasm about it.

Hmmmm, have you sold everything you have and given it to the needy?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Have things really changed or are you simply more aware?

ah yes, the popular argument that the belief we're in the end times is the result of an increase in technology and efficiency in news distribution. you know, this is a very common argument among unbelievers. are you sure you want to side with them?

this argument needs to be laid to rest. it is a scientific fact that the frequency of earthquakes, for example, are unprecedented.

http://www.thehorizonproject.com/earthquakes.cfm

this goes for all earth changes in general.

also, i've observed through much reading and conversation that those who use the word "rubbish"/"nonsense"/etc are indicating a strong presence of denial - as if they are not saying to others that it is rubbish but are rather trying to convince themselves, by typing it out physically, that it is rubbish, for if they believed it to be real then that may be intolerable. they have nothing substantial to reply with, and so they resort to using the aforementioned words and short sentences.

as angelindisguise pointed out, there are are plethora of reasons to believe we're in the end times.

but the big one for me is the "gog-magog" war prophesied by ezequiel. he said that in the end times russia and iran would form an alliance and attack israel. well we are seeing that right now. russia has been supplying iran with a steady and hefty amount of military supplies for quite some time now. this has not been covered on mainstream news, of course. moreover, the leader of iran has been frantically pursuing nuclear weapons and has made numerous blatant threats against isreal, such as "wiping it off the map".

these are all no mere coincidences. this "increase in awareness" argument indeed sounds convincing, that is until you see the facts and face reality with boldness.

It's one thing to declare "we're in the end times." It's quite another to provide evidence of same. As it stands,I don't believe I'm compelled to act like Chicken Little whenever someone else does. Frankly, I'm more than tired of endtimes hysteria. It's not only juvenile and immature, its beginning to bore me.

Learn the parable of the Fig Tree ...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  415
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/02/1945

All I know is that the signs of the times are in the air, the spirit and the bride say even so come Lord Jesus!

I am so full of joy at the thought of Jesus coming back for us. If Mr. Rufus does not agree, it is his right, but I suggest some folks may need more joy. What harm does it do for us to be happy? On 9/11 I was working downtown Dallas in a high-rise office building made of glass. Someone came running up the hall and said everyone come look at the television in the conference room, terrorists have flown an airplane into the world trade center. At first I was distraught, then felt peace. Because God spoke to my heart and said, rejoice and leap for joy because your redeemption draweth nigh!

The hope of His appearing is living in the hearts of God's children. Let us praise and thank God.

Edited by Miss Elly

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/28/1987

All I know is that the signs of the times are in the air, the spirit and the bride say even so come Lord Jesus!

I am so full of joy at the thought of Jesus coming back for us. If Mr. Rufus does not agree, it is his right, but I suggest some folks may need more joy. What harm does it do for us to be happy? On 9/11 I was working downtown Dallas in a high-rise office building made of glass. Someone came running up the hall and said everyone come look at the television in the conference room, terrorists have flown an airplane into the world trade center. At first I was distraught, then felt peace. Because God spoke to my heart and said, rejoice and leap for joy because your redeemption draweth nigh!

The hope of His appearing is living in the hearts of God's children. Let us praise and thank God.

i've never felt so much joy yet so much grief at the same time. "sorrowful, yet always rejoicing" like paul says in corinthians.

joy because i know my redemption is near. i will soon be rescued from this wicked planet and the coming wrath. i will soon be given a new body free from sin and corruption. the list goes on.

but sorrowful at my shortcomings in the face of such a reality. sorrowful that many of those who i come in contact with on a daily basis are not saved and if they don't repent, will not be "kept from the time of testing which is to come upon the whole world to test those living on the earth."

it is such a bittersweet reality.

Tears And Joy

They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.

He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.

Psalms 126:5-6

Soon Beloved Soon

The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Revelation 4:10

• 4 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

So is there a list for the prophecies that haven't come to pass yet??

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  830
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

Funny you should say that, Miss Elly. I went to that graph in the website provided earlier in this thread showing the increase in earthquakes.

I noticed how phenomenally (astronmically) earthquake occurences increased around the year 2000, and have continued at the same rate since then.

I was thinking: The increase in radical, militant Islam and it's creating of wars all over the planet in its drive to take over the whole world, that is: "kingdom" (Islam) rising up against "kingdom" (Israel and the West), and (ethnic) nation against (ethnic) nation - such as the geonocide committed in Ruanda - is symbolically "the shaking of the earth" (political upheaval/war), and this has been paralleled with a dramatic increase in the amount fo and magnitude of earthquakes.

But that was just a casual thought that came into my mind as I looked at that graph.

We know it's the time if we believe the Bible - because long, long ago the prophets of God prophesied that the Jews would be scattered among the nations in the four corners of the earth, and that when they are being brought back into their own land, God would gather all nations to judgment when they attack Jerusalem (Joel chapters 2-3, Zechariah chapters 12-14, etc).

Jerusalem is at the centre of the Israel/Palestinian conflict, and the Palestinian's grasping of the West bank was prophesied about long, long ago in Ezekiel chapters 35-36.

There are so many prophecies in the Bible telling us directly that this is the time, one has to be either really ignorant of the Bible, or an unbeliever of the Bible in order to fail to see it.

Lekh

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  830
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

Thanks for the links, humanoid :emot-hug: