IGNORED

Should Sex Offenders Be Barred from Church?

KC02

Sex Offenders  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should Sex Offenders Be Barred from Church?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe some of them

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/26/1971

A new Time.com article tells the story of a North Carolina sex offender who was arrested for going to church. Sex offenders are barred from with 300 ft. of a child care facility. This church has a nursery. Also, there is some question about whether a pastor could be charged with accessory!

Are some people too mean to go to church? Have lawmakers gone too far when they declare that certain sinners can not attend church?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

A new Time.com article tells the story of a North Carolina sex offender who was arrested for going to church. Sex offenders are barred from with 300 ft. of a child care facility. This church has a nursery. Also, there is some question about whether a pastor could be charged with accessory!

Are some people too mean to go to church? Have lawmakers gone too far when they declare that certain sinners can not attend church?

Sex offenders don't belong near children! If there are children at a sunday service, then I do not think it is appropriate that a sex offender attends. Remember that church is a body of people, and not a building, so it is still possible for a sex offender to fellowship with the church, without attending a sunday service. Infact, I think one of the only appropriate solutions that I have heard is that the sex offender attends an adults bible study type home group, where no children are in the home.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Sex offenders don't belong near children! If there are children at a sunday service, then I do not think it is appropriate that a sex offender attends. Remember that church is a body of people, and not a building, so it is still possible for a sex offender to fellowship with the church, without attending a sunday service. Infact, I think one of the only appropriate solutions that I have heard is that the sex offender attends an adults bible study type home group, where no children are in the home.

Now there is an elegant solution I had not thought of! Kind of makes sense, and maybe later into other church activities that do not involve children at all.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/26/1971

I respect these opinions as harsh as they are. But are all sex offenders equal? What about offenders who should have fell under a "Romeo & Juliet" law?

I'm just not sure all sex offenders are predators.

Final question: Should we be leaving our children/teens unattended with any adults alone? If I had kids I would never do that, not even with a youth pastor. You can't trust anyone these days.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I respect these opinions as harsh as they are. But are all sex offenders equal? What about offenders who should have fell under a "Romeo & Juliet" law?

I'm just not sure all sex offenders are predators.

Final question: Should we be leaving our children/teens unattended with any adults alone? If I had kids I would never do that, not even with a youth pastor. You can't trust anyone these days.

I really don't think it is harsh to separate sex offenders, and their targets (regardless of rehabilitation). I'm not sure what the "Romeo and Juliet" law is, but if it is talking about scenarios where the older feels they genuinely love the younger, then I still think it is wrong wrong wrong. It speaks of coersion and manipulation.

I think leaving your child / teen alone depends on the age of the child / teen. In most churches, children leave and attend sunday school without their parents from about 7 years old and I don't have a problem with this. This is why I believe genuine sex offenders do not belong in services with children.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

They should not be banned. Christ did not ban anyone, neither did the Apostles. They took charge and through the Holy Spirit, bound those who were unruly. They may need to be separated, never in charge of children, until God Himself tells you different, but they need the word just like everyone else. Jesus died so that everyone may be saved. Who are we to limit the work of Christ?

• Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

NOBODY should be turned away from a church.

Guest letsgetreal50

I'm new here and what bought me was an e-mail asking, "Should Sex Offenders Be Barred from Church?"

I realize this is a tough topic for many because most peoples opinions are based on what they get from the entertainment news media and politicians who are in it for ratings and votes. They will tell us anything we want to here.

I have a web site and would ask that you look at "An Open Letter to the Church and Ministers - A Home Missions Project."

http://cfcoklahoma.org/New_Site/index.php?...ct&Itemid=1

Here: I appreciate all feedback.

Thank-you

LGR

Edited by letsgetreal50

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I'm new here and what bought me was an e-mail asking, "Should Sex Offenders Be Barred from Church?"

I realize this is a tough topic for many because most peoples opinions are based on what they get from the entertainment news media and politicians who are in it for ratings and votes. They will tell us anything we want to here.

I have a web site and would ask that you look at "An Open Letter to the Church and Ministers - A Home Missions Project."

An Open Letter to the Church and Ministers - A Home Missions Project

Thank-you

LGR

Welcome to Worthy. Your link does not work.

Guest letsgetreal50

Thank You. It should work now.

http://cfcoklahoma.org/New_Site/index.php?...ct&Itemid=1

An Open Letter to the Church and Ministers - A Home Missions Project

Thank-you

LGR

Welcome to Worthy. Your link does not work.

Edited by letsgetreal50