IGNORED

Should Sex Offenders Be Barred from Church?

KC02

Sex Offenders  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should Sex Offenders Be Barred from Church?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe some of them

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

This is a good point about being away from Children though and many parole requirements.

There should be a way we can serve them and still help them not break their parole. Onelight had one example of one way

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Some verses to consider when discussing any sinner.

Matthew 9:11-13

And when the Pharisees saw it, they said to His disciples,

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

Not to high jack these discussions, but that is so Christ-like.... One Light, it's a fine example that shows where there's issues...there's solutions. God imparts in each of His children something that brings glory and praise to His Name, and at the same time bring deliverance to lost souls. :whistling:. But :laugh: in a church, that opens it's door :rolleyes:...there has to be 'people thats called to His purpose' concerning this type of ministry. The Holy Ghost must ALWAYS be in FULL control, because no CHILD, should have to be harmed and that situation be used as a learning tool that will bring success to that ministry. I'm a overcomer from being a victim of a sex offender in the 60's, laws were not in enforce and nobody including family was brave enough to tackle it... to a victory in Christ. Prayerfully...jot

I know that God loves the sex offenders as much as he does anyone. But as for me personally, I'm a born worrier and also I discern spirits frequently (gift from God, not me) and I just would not want my children or grandchildren anywhere near these people, church or anywhere else. I have a very very close friend for many years, who is married with large family. He has spent years and years in prison ministries. He has told me time and time again, christian or no christian, these people need to be with people who understand them, understand their needs and can work with them. He says be wise as a serpent and harmless as a dove with them. Perry has led many people who are incarcerated or released from prison / jail to christ. You have to be trained to deal with them. I would not worry for two seconds being in a church service with any ex-con if Perry were there preaching, with any small children You guys may think I'm too paranoid, but I say better safe than sorry, can't help it. Love all you guys though,you may not agree with me. God bless.

Blessing Miss Elly, you are not paranoid, just honest. And you brought out ONE great point "discerning of spirits." Because that's what I was thinking on, when I said "The Holy Ghost must always be in FULL control." The Pastor, the person who HAS been lead to start the ministry, 'and as many as those who are called according to His purpose', must have this gift which operates non stop. Not the sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. They MUST have the divine ability to see the presence and activity of a spirit that motivates a human being, whether good or bad. Their gift must operate in three areas: the divine, the demonic, and the human natural. They must be able to allow The Holy Ghost to do it through them, what discerning of the spirit does: divinely comprehending and understanding a human spirit-the kind of spirit a person possesses. I understand your concern, and only people like Mr. Perry who has this gift should be allowed to cross over into this. Many churches won't even touch the gifts much less receive the knowledge concerning their operations. That's why many of our churches can't serve those that's separated from God, those who's sins we don't understand, or don't talk about, or just too afraid to tackle. Because we are not fully operating with all the gifts of the spirit (that's another topic) :whistling: . If a ministry would allow the Holy Ghost to take the lead, every i would be dotted, every t will be crossed. This is some deep stuff, that's way no church, should start a ministry of this type, unless the Pastor and the people chosen fully operates in discernment of spirits, plus much more, I wonder would will it be :laugh:? :laugh:...jotful:emot-hug

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  415
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/02/1945

Not to high jack these discussions, but that is so Christ-like.... One Light, it's a fine example that shows where there's issues...there's solutions. God imparts in each of His children something that brings glory and praise to His Name, and at the same time bring deliverance to lost souls. :P. But :shout: in a church, that opens it's door :rolleyes:...there has to be 'people thats called to His purpose' concerning this type of ministry. The Holy Ghost must ALWAYS be in FULL control, because no CHILD, should have to be harmed and that situation be used as a learning tool that will bring success to that ministry. I'm a overcomer from being a victim of a sex offender in the 60's, laws were not in enforce and nobody including family was brave enough to tackle it... to a victory in Christ. Prayerfully...jot

I know that God loves the sex offenders as much as he does anyone. But as for me personally, I'm a born worrier and also I discern spirits frequently (gift from God, not me) and I just would not want my children or grandchildren anywhere near these people, church or anywhere else. I have a very very close friend for many years, who is married with large family. He has spent years and years in prison ministries. He has told me time and time again, christian or no christian, these people need to be with people who understand them, understand their needs and can work with them. He says be wise as a serpent and harmless as a dove with them. Perry has led many people who are incarcerated or released from prison / jail to christ. You have to be trained to deal with them. I would not worry for two seconds being in a church service with any ex-con if Perry were there preaching, with any small children You guys may think I'm too paranoid, but I say better safe than sorry, can't help it. Love all you guys though,you may not agree with me. God bless.

Blessing Miss Elly, you are not paranoid, just honest. And you brought out ONE great point "discerning of spirits." Because that's what I was thinking on, when I said "The Holy Ghost must always be in FULL control." The Pastor, the person who HAS been lead to start the ministry, 'and as many as those who are called according to His purpose', must have this gift which operates non stop. Not the sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. They MUST have the divine ability to see the presence and activity of a spirit that motivates a human being, whether good or bad. Their gift must operate in three areas: the divine, the demonic, and the human natural. They must be able to allow The Holy Ghost to do it through them, what discerning of the spirit does: divinely comprehending and understanding a human spirit-the kind of spirit a person possesses. I understand your concern, and only people like Mr. Perry who has this gift should be allowed to cross over into this. Many churches won't even touch the gifts much less receive the knowledge concerning their operations. That's why many of our churches can't serve those that's separated from God, those who's sins we don't understand, or don't talk about, or just too afraid to tackle. Because we are not fully operating with all the gifts of the spirit (that's another topic) :rolleyes: . If a ministry would allow the Holy Ghost to take the lead, every i would be dotted, every t will be crossed. This is some deep stuff, that's way no church, should start a ministry of this type, unless the Pastor and the people chosen fully operates in discernment of spirits, plus much more, I wonder would will it be :noidea:? :emot-hug:...jotful:emot-hug

AMEN! Remember the seven sons of Seveca in the bible who tried to cast out demons in Paul's day? The demon possessed men said Jesus we know, Paul (or was it Peter), but who are you? Then the men with the devils jumped on these guys and messed them up terribly. So don't even think about dealing with some folks with the major dark forces living inside them unless you are spiritually prepared, lest they turn again and rend you. And many churches are trying so hard to play footsie with the devil and still call themselves christians that the flame of the spirit of God is barely flickering. Lets all pray for each other and all of God's children to be all we can be for God.

They shouldn't be barred from going to church, but they should not be allowed to hold positions, and the Pastor would need to be dilligent in protecting his flock. I do think banning them from even attending church is going too far, and I also believe it is in violation of the right to freedom of religion. I understand the concern over children in the nursery, but it is not as though they are without adult supervision.

To me, those who abuse children are the worst kind of sinners and criminals, but Jesus died to save them like he did everyone else. In the same way those who have to live close to sex offenders must be on guard, church officials would need to be very cautious.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

Every church service I have ever attended, the children are always under adult supervision, so I don't see any problem here. If they are not, then there is a problem within the administration. I agree with One Light

They should not be banned. Christ did not ban anyone, neither did the Apostles. They took charge and through the Holy Spirit, bound those who were unruly. They may need to be separated, never in charge of children, until God Himself tells you different, but they need the word just like everyone else. Jesus died so that everyone may be saved. Who are we to limit the work of Christ?

Blessings,

Nikki