IGNORED

Mummy's boy or simply doing a man's JOB....

Guest HIS girl

Well, there's two sides to this coin -

1. Boys not taught to be gentlemanly or males of any age who don't care.

2. The women's lib movement (need I explain?).

Yes to both!

I was worried about bringing up point 2, but now that it has been broached by a woman :( And yes I am of the generation that opens doors!

But I dunno hey? An apparition dressed in black leather that from behind looks like two pit bulls fighting in a tent, with pink hair looking like it just lost a fight with a brush cutter and more chains hanging from various appendages than hang from an Auzzie outhouse toilet cistern, boots more suited to a building site, a ring through the nose that you just really, really, want to give a bit of a pull to see what happens, and a bunch of tattoo's that spell words that don't exist in the dictionary?

Rather lock myself behind the door :24:

Whats the bet that kinda woman doesn't even know how to boil an egg :)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Yes to both!

I was worried about bringing up point 2, but now that it has been broached by a woman :( And yes I am of the generation that opens doors!

But I dunno hey? An apparition dressed in black leather that from behind looks like two pit bulls fighting in a tent, with pink hair looking like it just lost a fight with a brush cutter and more chains hanging from various appendages than hang from an Auzzie outhouse toilet cistern, boots more suited to a building site, a ring through the nose that you just really, really, want to give a bit of a pull to see what happens, and a bunch of tattoo's that spell words that don't exist in the dictionary?

Rather lock myself behind the door :24:

Whats the bet that kinda woman doesn't even know how to boil an egg :)

:24::24: I am never going to live that down am I?

Guest HIS girl

'Fez'

Are you sure she was a she and not really a he?

Kinda hard to tell these days.... :(

I think even that kind of sheila would make an Aussie man head for the hills...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Yes to both!

Rather lock myself behind the door :)

:24::24::24:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

I taught my son AND daughter that the polite thing to do when one is able is to open a door for others... My husband always opens my car door and opens doors for me - but he also opens doors for other people (both sexes) who have the need for help. Women's lib has nothing to do with it - It's just commonsense and good manners. If I see anyone struggling with an armload of packages or other encumbrances - I offer help and usually it's graciously accepted. :(

Guest HIS girl

'~bean~'

I've got three BIL's up there. And if God is merciful they will remain eternally single LOL.

Unless they run into Fez's pink haired, leather clad monstrosity... :(

'~bean~'

I've got three BIL's up there. And if God is merciful they will remain eternally single LOL.

Unless they run into Fez's pink haired, leather clad monstrosity... :(

Ewww let's hope not! They don't have very high standards though... does Fez's apparition have a boat?

Guest HIS girl

='Believer1997'

I taught my son AND daughter that the polite thing to do when one is able is to open a door for others... My husband always opens my car door and opens doors for me - but he also opens doors for other people (both sexes) who have the need for help. Women's lib has nothing to do with it - It's just commonsense and good manners. If I see anyone struggling with an armload of packages or other encumbrances - I offer help and usually it's graciously accepted. :)

Good teaching Mum :24:

I also tell my boys to pick up dropped items for folks instead of walking past - you would THINK that would be commonsense to people but no.......... :( My kids are pretty good though when it comes to manners for their age....

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Rather lock myself behind the door :(

Fez....is it already Halloween in S.A.?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

So a man held the door open for me as I was leaving a pizza joint tonight - shock horror.....it's the FIRST time this year for me....(mind you, he was in his 60's BUT should age be a factor?!)

What's happened to gentlemanly behaviour......?

Men here, in Texas, generally hold the door for women....but it's a proven fact that Texans are polite people (for the most part.) :(