herald2

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

The world needs to see the power of the Holy Spirit, in order to believe: healing the sick, casting out demons, and raising the dead, just as Paul did with Eutychus in Acts 20:9-12.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.20
  • Days Won:  115

The world needs to see the power of the Holy Spirit, in order to believe: healing the sick, casting out demons, and raising the dead, just as Paul did with Eutychus in Acts 20:9-12.

No, scripture tells us that faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. Jesus speaks of a generation that He considered evil and adulterous that needed to see signs. Let's be careful how we define growing in faith.

Matthew 12:39

But He answered and said to them,

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

[quote name='Rufus of Cyrene' date='Oct 19 2009, 11:57 PM'

[qopte name= 'jotful' date='Oct 27 2009, 1:01

Blessings Rufus of Cyrene, I'm not here to start an argument, its just your reply was so hard. I'm sorry if some folks may have tried to press the baptism upon you. But I do not want you to be push where you will blaspheme The Holy Ghost. I broke you post so you will understand what I'm saying in Christian love....

It's not that I don't believe in speaking in tongues;...great....I just don't ( think)>> to use the mind or intellect in exercising in judgment <<, it happens with anywhere near the frequency some would have us believe....ok... What would be the point?>>> The point is there are people who believe in The Baptism of the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking in tougues, and because of that God bless them to experience that. When we receive Christ, and is asked, Do you believe Jesus is the Son of God..yes, died on the Cross for your sins..yes, shed His blood...yes, rose on the third day..yes. We say yes I believe. That's the only way we can receive anything from God, so it be concerning the baptism.

Most of what is called "speaking in tongues" is nothing more than a pointless, vainglorious bid for attention.. Rufus, please be very careful in what you say..If you do not have the gift of interpretation of tongues or discerning of spirits, I would hold off on before you do this>>> and the next person who asks me if I speak in tongues as a test of fellowship is going to get a tongue-lashing. Grow up, people.

Be careful, because it maybe the hand of God...jot

Edited by jotful

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

"Some limit the speaking in tongues to merely preaching in other languages." ---herald2

herald2, I have often wondered about this. I have heard many try to reason away the gift of tongues at Penticost by saying they were just speaking in other peoples languages, not an unknown tongue. Has no one ever considered #1 when they came out of the upper room the people outside at first thought they were drunk #2 would anyone think a person was drunk just because they spoke another language #3 the Bible says one will speak in an unknown language and another interpret so everyone will know what was said #4 so how come it is not clear to many Christians that when they came out of the upper room speaking in tongues that their tongues were being interpreted to the people in their languages.

I pray in tongues. Rarely a day goes by that, when I an praying in my own language, I will soon be praying in tongues. Tongues is for edification of the church and a sign to unbelievers. Very often I am overwhelmed by the Lords presence when I pray in tongues. Sometimes I am even moved to sing in tongues. I am edified and refreshed and whatever heavy load I may have been carrying just seems to lift off my shoulders. And sometimes the Holy Spirit Himself will move me to pray in tongues for something. This precious communication gift from our Lord is something I cherish.......never the less....the world will know us by our love for one another.

May all we do and say be done in the love taught to us by the Holy Spirit. :noidea:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.20
  • Days Won:  115

The command to "wait in Jerusalem untill we recieve power from on high" is for all christians of every age, and not doing so IMO is the same as Uzzah who tried to steady the Ark of the Lord.

I have not waited nor recieved yet, and am painting myself into a corner just being here on worthy, and playing the hypocrite not praticing what i preach. But the two beggars who found themselves suurounded by the spoils also knew their obligation to tell the others in the city without.

You are not alone in your walk. I have been shown my own hypocrisy through my own words that I have typed here and God, through this, has corrected me many times. It is a growing season for all. He has led all of us here for a reason.

Thank you OneLight, i have been feeling quite alone as i have alot to say that goes against the common understanding, yet i am not livimg it and each day seems to add to the urgency to correct this, and enjoy what God has promosed, but i also feel i must share what i have come accross or also bear guilt for not giving a cup of water where i am able.

Blessings in Christ.

So catch a plane to Ben Gurion, the both of you....and don't forget Paul's cloak. :laugh:

Is the seat next to you availible? :blink:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

The command to "wait in Jerusalem untill we recieve power from on high" is for all christians of every age, and not doing so IMO is the same as Uzzah who tried to steady the Ark of the Lord.

I have not waited nor recieved yet, and am painting myself into a corner just being here on worthy, and playing the hypocrite not praticing what i preach. But the two beggars who found themselves suurounded by the spoils also knew their obligation to tell the others in the city without.

You are not alone in your walk. I have been shown my own hypocrisy through my own words that I have typed here and God, through this, has corrected me many times. It is a growing season for all. He has led all of us here for a reason.

Thank you OneLight, i have been feeling quite alone as i have alot to say that goes against the common understanding, yet i am not livimg it and each day seems to add to the urgency to correct this, and enjoy what God has promosed, but i also feel i must share what i have come accross or also bear guilt for not giving a cup of water where i am able.

Blessings in Christ.

So catch a plane to Ben Gurion, the both of you....and don't forget Paul's cloak. :taped:

Is the seat next to you availible? :blink:

I only go first class (I wish) :laugh: