• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1962

Will we recognize and or have our families in heaven?

If your son dies as a child when you go to heaven how will you view each other?

I'm sure we will recognize each other, but I doubt seriously there will be any :21: family ties like there are on earth. Jesus told the religious leaders questioning him about a "wife" in heaven, that in heaven they neither marry nor given in marriage. So there will be no "family" ties there. Just think, if 5 jewish brothers who all died one by one married the same woman and all went to heaven, including the wife, would she look at them all as her husbands? Family ties again. There is so much in the bible that is not explained to us, so I guess the Lord didn't think we needed to know right now.

SORRY for you Loss...May God Grant you Peace...Read these scriptures all...Titus 1:2...Paul says we will be reunited with family...And,Philppians 3:20-21...The disciples saw Jesus's physical body and touched him...This means we can expect the same this Scripture says... Heavensmist...GOD BLESS YOU !!!!!!!

What loss are you talking about???? I do believe we will know each other in heaven, but I said I doubt very seriously if mother, father and children will be living together in heaven like they do here. Otherwise, the widow with 5 husbands will be living together in one house! Of course we will be reunited, but we will be reunited with all of God's children. This thread isn't worth arguing over, you and I are alive and neither will know until we get there for sure.

Miss Elly, I believe "HeavenMist", was agreeing with your reply, and at the same time replying to "Smalcald's" second question...jotful :rolleyes:

SMALCALD- When I loss my son 5 yrs. ago , this book helped me and I'd like to encourage you to read it too....{90 minutes in Heaven }....it's a true story by Don Piper. God Bless you !

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  415
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/02/1945

I'm sure we will recognize each other, but I doubt seriously there will be any :P family ties like there are on earth. Jesus told the religious leaders questioning him about a "wife" in heaven, that in heaven they neither marry nor given in marriage. So there will be no "family" ties there. Just think, if 5 jewish brothers who all died one by one married the same woman and all went to heaven, including the wife, would she look at them all as her husbands? Family ties again. There is so much in the bible that is not explained to us, so I guess the Lord didn't think we needed to know right now.

SORRY for you Loss...May God Grant you Peace...Read these scriptures all...Titus 1:2...Paul says we will be reunited with family...And,Philppians 3:20-21...The disciples saw Jesus's physical body and touched him...This means we can expect the same this Scripture says... Heavensmist...GOD BLESS YOU !!!!!!!

What loss are you talking about???? I do believe we will know each other in heaven, but I said I doubt very seriously if mother, father and children will be living together in heaven like they do here. Otherwise, the widow with 5 husbands will be living together in one house! Of course we will be reunited, but we will be reunited with all of God's children. This thread isn't worth arguing over, you and I are alive and neither will know until we get there for sure.

Miss Elly, I believe "HeavenMist", was agreeing with your reply, and at the same time replying to "Smalcald's" second question...jotful :thumbsup:

OK, no problem. God bless!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/08/1939

Hello in Christ:

A Christian somehow knows from within that there is something better waiting for them in the future although they may not fully understand what it is. There is that ray of hope to and for them and their family. But could there be more to it than one may believe?

How would you like Heaven here on Earth? What if the Heaven that God and Jesus Christ were talking about was on this Earth, would you like that? That is where the Kingdom of God will be set up, here on this Earth.

The promise from God Almighty is that He will set up His Kingdom here on this Earth for 1000 years. Although this is not God

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

For I believe that those who have died and gone on before us we will know or recognize them upon sight but it will be in a state of glorification. I don't think that we will be over those that we have loved so much in this earthly family going all the way back to Adam.

But in heaven we will all be in the family of God all those from all nations tongue kindred and so on will be one family with God the Father over all of his children. I don't think it will be "families" in heaven but instead only "One" family.

Just a verse I thought of in........................

[Ephesians 3:15]--Of whom the whole family in "heaven" and "earth" is named.

oc

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

For I believe that those who have died and gone on before us we will know or recognize them upon sight but it will be in a state of glorification. I don't think that we will be over those that we have loved so much in this earthly family going all the way back to Adam.

But in heaven we will all be in the family of God all those from all nations tongue kindred and so on will be one family with God the Father over all of his children. I don't think it will be "families" in heaven but instead only "One" family.

Just a verse I thought of in........................

[Ephesians 3:15]--Of whom the whole family in "heaven" and "earth" is named.

oc

Good point OC.....we are all His children, born of the Spirit, and we are united in Him as relatives of one another...brothers and sisters in Messiah. It is actually another quite profound thought...and understanding the love and unity that can exist in a natural family, will be found in purity and great joy with our heavenly family...actually a very good and inspired observation OC :whistling:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

John Bunnyan was taken to Heaven and talked with his mother and a old friend and also Elijah. Although recognising his mother the earthly tie was not there and She spoke of the raptures that came in waves, where all heaven stop to enjoy and glorify God for His blessedness, and favour.

Bunnyans book "Visions of heaven and hell" is a actual account of his time spent in both, and is a very encouraging yet sobering book, if you can get past the old language.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

John Bunnyan was taken to Heaven and talked with his mother and a old friend and also Elijah. Although recognising his mother the earthly tie was not there and She spoke of the raptures that came in waves, where all heaven stop to enjoy and glorify God for His blessedness, and favour.

Bunnyans book "Visions of heaven and hell" is a actual account of his time spent in both, and is a very encouraging yet sobering book, if you can get past the old language.

I'm skeptical of persons who claim to have been to heaven or to hell.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

I'm skeptical of persons who claim to have been to heaven or to hell.

So am I...but I hope it is a healthy skepticism that I have which is prepared to listen, consider and weigh up the content of the vision against Scripture, in discussion with other brethren, and conviction of the Holy Spirit. The proven character of an individual also helps in further considering what is being promulgated....John Bunyan (NOT BUNNYAN) has always seemed an up-front sort of guy, willing to spend his twelve years in prison because he would not shut up preaching the Gospel, full of joy in spite of his many tribulations....the book is indeed interesting, and does not smack of some of the modern authors sensationalist accounts which gender finance on the pulpit circuit, and often glorify the speaker more than the L-rd, and are rife with vain speculations, indeterminate references, and provide no lasting message or true touch of G-ds glory.

In this case there is controversy regarding the authorship of the book, but nevertheless it has a solid content that is worthy of review and consideration, if only as an exercise in using the Bible as a plumb-line against its subject matter. I found it rather in the same vein as C S Lewis' SCREWTAPE LETTERS.

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

I don't think there would be families in the same definition as current Earthly families because Jesus said that we will not marry or be given in marriage. That is, we will live forever and not need to reproduce to sustain human life.....

That being said though, through my personal conviction I am strongly swayed to believe that we will have some kind of group in heaven.. which we may be able to call a family.. That's my personal belief.