• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  519
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/28/1980

This is probably not the best advice. but when someone gives me a hard time at work. I let them no not to mess with me. That dosnt sound very Christian but when people find out that your a push over they feed of that. Most people know that I am a Christian at work, they also know I am no oush over, Stand up for yourself and let that lady know that you dont need to take her crap anymore.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

So I have been at this job location for about three months now. I am a team leader of the cleaning crew at a school house. I am no one's boss, but I do pass orders down from my boss to the employees, and sometimes I have to make decisions and tell people what needs to be done, if need be. My position must mean that I am automatically hated, cause these past three months have felt like 3 long miserable years. There are 4 people that work there besides myself. They all know each other, all talk with each other, and all take up for each other. Well, I always ask them to do something in the kindest way, but they always make excuses and have a bad attitude. I usually have talks with them and get things sorted out. Usually it's nothing I can't work out, though I admit the way they disrespect me hurts.

(BUT!...) My main problem is this one lady, who decided that she hated me and the ground I walk on, with all her heart, when she first laid eyes on me. I can not figure it out guys. I have tried my best to treat this lady the best that I can, and she disrespects me, spreads lies about me, gossips about me, calls me names, makes smart remarks, and down right refuses to listen to anything I have to say. Today I put my foot down and told her just how terrible I think she has been to me. And I warned her that if her behavior continues, she will be fired.

This conflict has affected my self-esteem. I am already insecure about certain things, such as possibly being a pushover, or being looked down on. And the way she speaks to me in such a condescending way, really gets to me. She says I don't have a brain. Funny she says that. I'm only 20 years old and have already worked my way up to a position above hers. I am also a high school graduate, and will be a college student in January. She calls me a liar. I asked her to name one time I have lied to her, and she could not say anything. She makes extremely insulting personal remarks. One night when I asked everyone if they are ready to clock out, one employee happily said "Yes sir!", cause it was time to go. In a hateful voice she said "Humph! I wouldn't say "sir"." She says I'm nothing but a little boy. Hmm...little boy eh? I travel 22 miles to work everyday, working 40 hours a week, and have to deal with the garbage that spews from her mouth everyday? It takes a man to even walk back into that place.

As you can see with the paragraph above, I am taking her personal insults to heart. When you hear something so much, you wonder if it's true or something? It brings back bad memories of how tough school was for me, when I felt like I was always the one taking the blunt of everything bad. Like I was the one on the outside looking in. I give my best to this lady, and she spits in my face. I seriously wanted to quit so bad today, but I can't. You may think it's just one person, how can it bother me? It bothers me, badly. Because I have gotten along with everyone I have ever known. I have so much to offer, but she tries to tear me down. And what makes it worse is she spreads lies about me to people who don't even know me. I don't know how much more I can take. Good news is, in two months my boss is transferring me back to my old job in my town, since I am taking classes in January. But I don't want to just "suffer it out." To me, I have 2 months to make the impact I feel God wants me to make. I know I have made progress with the other employees, to an extent. But I want to get things right with this lady. But her cruelty and refusal to cooperate has me deeply discouraged.

My heart goes out to you. We all encounter being mis treated after we become Christians sooner or later. The work place is notorious for it, especially in the times we are living in. A wise pastor once said, "Don't let their wrong attitudes affect your attitude." I cannot tell you I have always kept my cool and turned the other cheek. More than once I have muttered under my breath only to have someone hear me and spread it all around. The devil just loves that because he can try to use it to discourage us or cause us to wonder if their wrong opinions about us are actually right. It is when we are in such places that the devil tries to sneak in and take our lives. But be assured, if you hold fast to the word of God and do as the Lord said, you are not displaying perfection, you are being changed by a loving God that says when we are weak, He is strong. He can display Himself in your life and be glorified in all you say and do. And you will soon see as you get through this that He has strengthened you and made you a better person. He may even use this to heal all those broken places from your past that keep cropping up. Our God is an Awesome God! He can take anything the devil throws at us and make it turn out for our good!!! Rest assured He sees your need and He is there for you even if it doesn't seem like it at times. Read Ephesians 6 each day before you go to work, out loud, and apply the promises to yourself. You keep right on walking in love and pray for those who mistreat you. Even if they don't change right away, you will. You are on what I like to call proving ground. It is the place where the Lord can show us who we are in Christ. Be blessed!!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

So I have been at this job location for about three months now. I am a team leader of the cleaning crew at a school house. I am no one's boss, but I do pass orders down from my boss to the employees, and sometimes I have to make decisions and tell people what needs to be done, if need be. My position must mean that I am automatically hated, cause these past three months have felt like 3 long miserable years. There are 4 people that work there besides myself. They all know each other, all talk with each other, and all take up for each other. Well, I always ask them to do something in the kindest way, but they always make excuses and have a bad attitude. I usually have talks with them and get things sorted out. Usually it's nothing I can't work out, though I admit the way they disrespect me hurts.

(BUT!...) My main problem is this one lady, who decided that she hated me and the ground I walk on, with all her heart, when she first laid eyes on me. I can not figure it out guys. I have tried my best to treat this lady the best that I can, and she disrespects me, spreads lies about me, gossips about me, calls me names, makes smart remarks, and down right refuses to listen to anything I have to say. Today I put my foot down and told her just how terrible I think she has been to me. And I warned her that if her behavior continues, she will be fired.

This conflict has affected my self-esteem. I am already insecure about certain things, such as possibly being a pushover, or being looked down on. And the way she speaks to me in such a condescending way, really gets to me. She says I don't have a brain. Funny she says that. I'm only 20 years old and have already worked my way up to a position above hers. I am also a high school graduate, and will be a college student in January. She calls me a liar. I asked her to name one time I have lied to her, and she could not say anything. She makes extremely insulting personal remarks. One night when I asked everyone if they are ready to clock out, one employee happily said "Yes sir!", cause it was time to go. In a hateful voice she said "Humph! I wouldn't say "sir"." She says I'm nothing but a little boy. Hmm...little boy eh? I travel 22 miles to work everyday, working 40 hours a week, and have to deal with the garbage that spews from her mouth everyday? It takes a man to even walk back into that place.

As you can see with the paragraph above, I am taking her personal insults to heart. When you hear something so much, you wonder if it's true or something? It brings back bad memories of how tough school was for me, when I felt like I was always the one taking the blunt of everything bad. Like I was the one on the outside looking in. I give my best to this lady, and she spits in my face. I seriously wanted to quit so bad today, but I can't. You may think it's just one person, how can it bother me? It bothers me, badly. Because I have gotten along with everyone I have ever known. I have so much to offer, but she tries to tear me down. And what makes it worse is she spreads lies about me to people who don't even know me. I don't know how much more I can take. Good news is, in two months my boss is transferring me back to my old job in my town, since I am taking classes in January. But I don't want to just "suffer it out." To me, I have 2 months to make the impact I feel God wants me to make. I know I have made progress with the other employees, to an extent. But I want to get things right with this lady. But her cruelty and refusal to cooperate has me deeply discouraged.

First off, let me tell you that you have the heart of Jesus and I am not only praying for you, I have been in your shoes. No matter where you go or what you do, there will ALWAYS be those that despise you, and if you finally change to the point that you meet their demands, you are not being true to yourself. This person obviously sees Jesus in you and hates you for it,possibly because satan is the ruler in her life. I had a guy that was not a Christian that I worked with about 5 years ago, and anytime I tried to talk to him or work with him, he would get angry and walk off. About 6 months ago, he boarded the bus, and asked me" Can I sit with you? I said sure. He then related to me how he had had a heart attack ,and as a result, he had given his life back to Jesus, and then apoplogized for the way he had treated me at work. You can be sure I was a mess when I went home that day.Don't give up! Jesus loves you!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  10/03/1989

Thanks for the encouragement guys, and for sharing your personal experiences as well. While just one lady is always a problem, I sometimes also have to deal with the other employee's disagreements and attitudes as well. It's hard because I know they gossip and talk junk about me behind my back among themselves and to other people. Guess that's life. Blien, I hope this doesn't happen with me. I am doing my best to protect my reputation from these people. It's my word against their word. And I am outnumbered. Humbleseeker, I did tell the lady that I have never had anyone talk to me and degrade me like she has. Perhaps it was not the best thing to say. But she has said far worse to me. I was just letting her know how ridiculous she sounds. January can not come soon enough. I am sure I am enduring the most stressful time of my life right now.

First off, let me tell you that you have the heart of Jesus and I am not only praying for you, I have been in your shoes. No matter where you go or what you do, there will ALWAYS be those that despise you, and if you finally change to the point that you meet their demands, you are not being true to yourself. This person obviously sees Jesus in you and hates you for it,possibly because satan is the ruler in her life. I had a guy that was not a Christian that I worked with about 5 years ago, and anytime I tried to talk to him or work with him, he would get angry and walk off. About 6 months ago, he boarded the bus, and asked me" Can I sit with you? I said sure. He then related to me how he had had a heart attack ,and as a result, he had given his life back to Jesus, and then apoplogized for the way he had treated me at work. You can be sure I was a mess when I went home that day.Don't give up! Jesus loves you!

That's a great story. I was hoping for a similar result, but I am not feeling very optimistic, sadly. This lady tells me I am the one in the wrong, and she preaches to me about respect and treating others right, just as the other employees do. I hear a lot of preaching at my job, but no practicing of what is being preached. And when I do speak kindly and treat them with as much respect as I know how, they bulldoze right over me, stomp on me like a door mat.

My heart goes out to you. We all encounter being mis treated after we become Christians sooner or later. The work place is notorious for it, especially in the times we are living in. A wise pastor once said, "Don't let their wrong attitudes affect your attitude." I cannot tell you I have always kept my cool and turned the other cheek. More than once I have muttered under my breath only to have someone hear me and spread it all around. The devil just loves that because he can try to use it to discourage us or cause us to wonder if their wrong opinions about us are actually right. It is when we are in such places that the devil tries to sneak in and take our lives. But be assured, if you hold fast to the word of God and do as the Lord said, you are not displaying perfection, you are being changed by a loving God that says when we are weak, He is strong. He can display Himself in your life and be glorified in all you say and do. And you will soon see as you get through this that He has strengthened you and made you a better person. He may even use this to heal all those broken places from your past that keep cropping up. Our God is an Awesome God! He can take anything the devil throws at us and make it turn out for our good!!! Rest assured He sees your need and He is there for you even if it doesn't seem like it at times. Read Ephesians 6 each day before you go to work, out loud, and apply the promises to yourself. You keep right on walking in love and pray for those who mistreat you. Even if they don't change right away, you will. You are on what I like to call proving ground. It is the place where the Lord can show us who we are in Christ. Be blessed!!!

Yeah, the devil is having a field day with this one, for sure. It's a daily battle.

• Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  378
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  08/06/1967

Hi Deepblue,

I read your post and was thinking about it this morning and I remembered this event in King David's life, when he was fleeing from his son Absalom.

2 Samuel 16: 5-14

Shimei Curses David

5 As King David approached Bahurim, a man from the same clan as Saul's family came out from there. His name was Shimei son of Gera, and he cursed as he came out. 6 He pelted David and all the king's officials with stones, though all the troops and the special guard were on David's right and left. 7 As he cursed, Shimei said, "Get out, get out, you man of blood, you scoundrel! 8 The LORD has repaid you for all the blood you shed in the household of Saul, in whose place you have reigned. The LORD has handed the kingdom over to your son Absalom. You have come to ruin because you are a man of blood!"

9 Then Abishai son of Zeruiah said to the king, "Why should this dead dog curse my lord the king? Let me go over and cut off his head."

10 But the king said, "What do you and I have in common, you sons of Zeruiah? If he is cursing because the LORD said to him, 'Curse David,' who can ask, 'Why do you do this?' "

11 David then said to Abishai and all his officials, "My son, who is of my own flesh, is trying to take my life. How much more, then, this Benjamite! Leave him alone; let him curse, for the LORD has told him to. 12 It may be that the LORD will see my distress and repay me with good for the cursing I am receiving today."

13 So David and his men continued along the road while Shimei was going along the hillside opposite him, cursing as he went and throwing stones at him and showering him with dirt. 14 The king and all the people with him arrived at their destination exhausted. And there he refreshed himself.

You can see that inspite of all the cursing he was getting, King David saw God's hand in it and knew it was still God who would deliver him in the end.

It is your character being built here, as "gold is refined by fire".

While this may be the first time for you to encounter such a person (the woman you are having problems with at work), believe me when I tell you that it won't be the last.

There is much to learn from this experience so ask God to show you and to keep you.

Blessings...South

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Hi Deepblue,

I read your post and was thinking about it this morning and I remembered this event in King David's life, when he was fleeing from his son Absalom.

Shimei Curses David

5 As King David approached Bahurim, a man from the same clan as Saul's family came out from there. His name was Shimei son of Gera, and he cursed as he came out. 6 He pelted David and all the king's officials with stones, though all the troops and the special guard were on David's right and left. 7 As he cursed, Shimei said, "Get out, get out, you man of blood, you scoundrel! 8 The LORD has repaid you for all the blood you shed in the household of Saul, in whose place you have reigned. The LORD has handed the kingdom over to your son Absalom. You have come to ruin because you are a man of blood!"

9 Then Abishai son of Zeruiah said to the king, "Why should this dead dog curse my lord the king? Let me go over and cut off his head."

10 But the king said, "What do you and I have in common, you sons of Zeruiah? If he is cursing because the LORD said to him, 'Curse David,' who can ask, 'Why do you do this?' "

11 David then said to Abishai and all his officials, "My son, who is of my own flesh, is trying to take my life. How much more, then, this Benjamite! Leave him alone; let him curse, for the LORD has told him to. 12 It may be that the LORD will see my distress and repay me with good for the cursing I am receiving today."

13 So David and his men continued along the road while Shimei was going along the hillside opposite him, cursing as he went and throwing stones at him and showering him with dirt. 14 The king and all the people with him arrived at their destination exhausted. And there he refreshed himself.

You can see that inspite of all the cursing he was getting, King David saw God's hand in it and knew it was still God who would deliver him in the end.

While this may be the first time for you to encounter such a person (the woman you are having problems with at work), believe me when I tell you that it won't be the last.

There is much to learn from this experience so ask God to show you and to keep you.

Blessings...South

Amen to that South! :whistling:

Hi Deepblue,

Shimei Curses David

Blessings...South

Thanks south. I needed to read that tonight.