• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  828
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/28/1980

Why not ask him - why he calls you every night but never wants to hang out anymore. Us guys aren't too good at reading your emotions or taking hints - sometimes you have to speak plainly and tell him how you feel.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Why not ask him - why he calls you every night but never wants to hang out anymore. Us guys aren't too good at reading your emotions or taking hints - sometimes you have to speak plainly and tell him how you feel.

Believe me I have. He just says he likes talking. I almost demanded that we see each other once and he just gave me the usual run around about being tired and busy blah blah

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  828
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  12/28/1980

That is weird. What guy likes talking on the phone but doesn't want to hang out? If you feel like he is using you then don't answer the phone - he knows where you live (I assume) and if he wants to talk he can to your face.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

That is weird. What guy likes talking on the phone but doesn't want to hang out? If you feel like he is using you then don't answer the phone - he knows where you live (I assume) and if he wants to talk he can to your face.

:laugh: i dont want him just showing up at my house but...I agree-weird is the word.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  212
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,691
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

Yeah I agree with what the others are saying. If u feel u are being used then u need to do something about it. Give him an ultimade if neceesay u have ur heart to protect.

I know whats its like becasue I have a guy I talk to on the phone a lot and we are going to meet up when he comes to my area when my friend gets into town so I am not going alone. He calls me a lot and I have to tell him that I cant aways take his calls becasue of hw and other things. You should set some boundaires with this guy it sounds so hes not stringing your feelings along.

If he cares about you he will listen to what you say and do that if not move along and wait on the Lord for the special someone God has for you.

some guys dont know what they have until its too late. Dont let someone take you for granted.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/25/1962

CS is right despite what the popular belief is Men can't read minds. I might suggest you consider your needs in this relationship as well, I'm sure that there are a lot of other guys out there that would love to be in your company.

WOW did I just agree with CS? :cool::laugh:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

It does seem as if he is using you, but the other side of that coin is that you are allowing yourself to be used. Do you know it is him when the phone rings? You are not obligated to answer. Why don't you go out somewhere. Do you have other friends to go to a movie with or out to dinner? You need to not be available whenever he decides he needs to talk.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,773
  • Birthday:  12/27/1957

Hi,

Im talking to this guy via phone. Weve been talking for months, we used to see each other but that just ended one day because he claims he is so stressed and busy (rolls eyes) but he never fails to text me or call me pretty much every night (innocent friendly chats).

Ive asked if we can see each other and he gives me the usual excuses as to why he cant and then the phone contact continues.

I figure that he just is using me for phone companionship. Maybe he's bored or lonely or needs an ego boost or all of the above. Maybe he enjoys talking to me as a friend, I dont know.

My guess is that I am a sort of lonely, caring and low key and humble person that maybe he finds comfortable and ever so readily available to talk to...I dont know.

Part of me feels like I should just accept this and allow the phone contact to continue. Another part of me wonders if it is a good idea to end it somehow. :laugh:

Opinions, thoughts, ideas would be appreciated....

It sounds like this is a person who wants a friend. All you have to decide is if you want to be a friend.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I'm under the impression, GPC, that you are interested in having a romantic relationship that could lead to marriage. If so, my advice is to get out there and start meeting other guys. :laugh: Sign up with a reputable dating service. There's no shame in that because it will focus on compatible partners who are looking for the same thing as you. I have a friend who signed up with eHarmony (not sure if that company exists where you live) and she was matched with a very devoted Christian man and she's never been happier. They got married and have 2 kids now. As for your friend who calls you every night, if you've got some time to fit in a phone conversation with him then that's fine but get busy with your own life.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  212
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,691

I'm under the impression, GPC, that you are interested in having a romantic relationship that could lead to marriage. If so, my advice is to get out there and start meeting other guys. :laugh: Sign up with a reputable dating service. There's no shame in that because it will focus on compatible partners who are looking for the same thing as you. I have a friend who signed up with eHarmony (not sure if that company exists where you live) and she was matched with a very devoted Christian man and she's never been happier. They got married and have 2 kids now. As for your friend who calls you every night, if you've got some time to fit in a phone conversation with him then that's fine but get busy with your own life.

I wouldn't advise people to go on dating sites. It rarely works out on there. Most of the people on those sites arent worth meeting. I have FOUND those sites to be a WASTE of time and it costs money a lot of times too. Dont go looking for a mate. WHen Gods timing is right He will bring you two together. Hes the matchmaker.

Find some hobbies or activities that are interesting to you to involve your self in