• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/09/1964

The Lord spoke to her and said that if she did Communion every night for 40 days, that He would heal her shoulder. ... snip ... Other people in my church started taking Communion every night and God worked miracles in their lives.

I have a problem with statements like these. For one, communion is not a healing process, it is a remembrance one. God heals out of love and I have not seen where penance is required to be healed anywhere in scripture. Since God does not go against anything in His word, I am going to ask that you provide scripture showing that anyone repetitively did anything to gain His favor in healing.

I did not mean to imply that God only heals us if we do Communion-I'm sorry if that's what it sounded like. I was merely telling you what happened with a friend of mine and some people in my church. No, I do not have scripture references-I can only tell you what happened to those people.

We can agree to disagree about when to take Communion. I choose to "remember" what Jesus did for me every day-others may want to do it only at church. I don't think either of us are "wrong".

I am not in disagreement with you on communion being able to be done alone, at home. I do have trouble with people who claim miracles happening because they do something specific, like taking communion for 40 days straight. You can tell us what they said, but to believe them is another story all together. Be very careful in what you believe. Even Satan came as an angle of light and deceived. He will be coming again to deceive even more, as we read in 2 Thessalonians 2:9 ... The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders ... be careful ... test the spirits.

Yes, I totally agree....Satan can and does come as an angel of light. But my friend's healing came from God. I'm not positive, but isn't that verse talking about the AntiChrist anyway? He hasn't been revealed yet, and when he is revealed, many will be decieved by his miracles, but we, as Christians, know that our Lord will appear in the sky,the same way He left...and it will be after all the other signs have passed. My friend has been a Christian for over 40 years-she has a strong Deliverance ministry, and she is filled to the brim with the Holy Spirit-no one is "immune" to Satan's tricks, but at the same time, this lady is scrupulous about testing all spirits. :noidea:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Can't do communion at home. You need to have other believers.

I agree.

Act 2:46 And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts,

Why not? If you were all alone and decided to remember Christ in such a manner, are you saying this can't be done? It is better to do with others, but I can not find anywhere in scripture that tells us we can't do this alone.

From Wikipedia -

Communion is a polyvalent term. Though not Christian-specific, the term "communion" has several denotations within the Christian traditions. It may refer to:

* Communion (Christian), the relationship between Christians as individuals or Churches

* Full communion, a term used when two (or more) distinct Christian Churches say they are sharing the same communion

* The Communion of Saints, a doctrine of Christianity mentioned in the Apostles' Creed

* A group of related Christian churches or Christian denomination

* The Eucharist, the rite that Christians perform in fulfillment of Jesus' instruction to do in memory of him what he did at his Last Supper

* The Communion rite, that part of the Eucharistic rite in which the consecrated bread and wine are distributed to participants

* Communion (chant), the Gregorian chant that accompanies this rite

* Closed communion is the practice of restricting the communion to members of a particular church or congregation

* Open communion is the practice of allowing members of other churches to share communion

It seems one can take the Lord's Supper solo, but communion, by definition, involves interaction with other Christians. It is most definitely not an incantation-type ritual to merit God's favor.

I agree. That is what the word communion means, with the community.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  828
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  12/28/1980

Communion at home by yourself? Never ever heard of such - the eucharistic prayer is to be read by the priest or bishop and not the parishoner - you have to have some kind of liturgy -

1 Cor 10:16

The cup of blessing that we bless, is it not a participation in the blood of Christ? The bread that we break, is it not a participation in the body of Christ?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Communion at home by yourself? Never ever heard of such - the eucharistic prayer is to be read by the priest or bishop and not the parishoner - you have to have some kind of liturgy -

The cup of blessing that we bless, is it not a participation in the blood of Christ? The bread that we break, is it not a participation in the body of Christ?

What is the Eucharist prayer? Never heard of it before. This must be some denominational thing. All we are told to do is to ensure we are doing this with a right heart.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

what did Christ tell us???

did He not tell us to DO THIS IN REMEMBERANCE OF ME?

who is he talking to? priest? bishops? or His Congregation (the apostles)

they were not eating crackers, they were involved in the PASS OVER DINNER, which has more to it then just bread and wine......

we do this in rememberance of HIM....

mike