Ps

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,069
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

I think to best appreciate this verse that it must be remained coupled with the two preceding verses and understood in context -

Ps 90:15 Make us glad
according to the days wherein Thou hast afflicted us, and the years wherein we have seen evil.

16 Let Thy work appear unto thy servants, and Thy glory unto their children.

17 And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us: and establish Thou the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands establish thou it.

Certainly, I am not trying to detract from the rest of the psalm, but since 17 does begin with "and" it should be view together with 2 or 3 of the verses preceding.

Peace

That's great, now, how does that answer the question? :rolleyes:

Ps 119:67 Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept thy word.

Psm 119:71 It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes.

Heb 12:5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of Him:

6 For whom the Lord loveth He chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom He receiveth.

7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the Father chasteneth not?

8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but He for our profit,
that we might be partakers of His holiness

11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward
it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

I'm afraid it doesn't quite stop the itch I feel from that Ole' Scab though. :rolleyes:

I wasn't looking towards the afflictions though. I was looking for what that particular Beauty/Favor is. I believe that the afflictions are just part of the process that leads us to the Favor. :P

I'm afraid it doesn't quite stop the itch I feel from that Ole' Scab though. :rolleyes:

I wasn't looking towards the afflictions though. I was looking for what that particular Beauty/Favor is. I believe that the afflictions are just part of the process that leads us to the Favor. :P

Perhaps this favor and beauty will be enjoyed more fully on the other side of Jordon. Flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God remember.

If we continued reading in Hebrews we see the following-

Heb 12:11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

12 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;

13 And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.

14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness,
without which no man shall see the Lord

We need to heed the words of Proverbs and despise not the chastening of the Lord -

Pr 24:10 If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small.

Ga 6:8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap
[life everlasting - eternal favor and beauty]
, if we faint not.

Re 2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Here's what Moses said though;

Ps

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

I believe it to be the interactions between God and man as man submits humbly to the teachings and chastisements of the Lord. It is that action the Lord takes with a believer, not because one is more loved or cherished, but because of Gods economy that was put in place even before our birth, as one comes into agreement with His ways. That close interaction is - imo - the favor.

David received great favor of the Lord because he repented, and learned from his mistakes. He did this with a heart for God, and not out of duty. That "favor" that David received, in my opinion, was a direct response from the Lord, and resulted in the close relationship that he had with the Father - the resulting weaving of his life that placed him in positions to have influence for the kingdom.

Again - just my thoughts. :)

Here's what Moses said though;

Ps

I believe it to be the interactions between God and man as man submits humbly to the teachings and chastisements of the Lord. It is that action the Lord takes with a believer, not because one is more loved or cherished, but because of Gods economy that was put in place even before our birth, as one comes into agreement with His ways. That close interaction is - imo - the favor.

David received great favor of the Lord because he repented, and learned from his mistakes. He did this with a heart for God, and not out of duty. That "favor" that David received, in my opinion, was a direct response from the Lord, and resulted in the close relationship that he had with the Father - the resulting weaving of his life that placed him in positions to have influence for the kingdom.

Again - just my thoughts. :)

Ah' Beauty and Favor. :)

So you might say that it was the very presence of the Lord?

Peace,

Dave