• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

I know everyone studies their Bibles differently, so I was wondering how do you study yours? I'm looking for ways for me to be able to retain and understand verses a bit better. Typically, I just read a passage, and meditate on it.

But lately, I've been thinking about getting a notebook and writing down parts of verses that I feel are profound for me, or ones I have questions about, and study them in detail. I feel this would give me a better undertaining of the Lord's word, and help me retain the verse better.

I'm still learning as I go, when it comes to studying my Bible. I'd love to hear the routine others have when they study their's.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

I can't learn that way, it's dreadfully boring. I'm not saying it's wrong! Just for me it wouldn't work.. I'm a very visual learner so I follow the teachings of a pastor and read the Bible.. but then apply it in the real world and see what I learned from it.

Going back to the verse if necessary to re-read and re-analyze it. I take notes sometimes because there are important lessons I learned... but that would be in a "daily journal" sort of way... it's not very often I write things down though. I figure if I practice it enough in the real world, it will come natural and I won't have to flip back to read what I wrote.

Not saying this is the best way, this is just the way I "study".

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I know everyone studies their Bibles differently, so I was wondering how do you study yours? I'm looking for ways for me to be able to retain and understand verses a bit better. Typically, I just read a passage, and meditate on it.

But lately, I've been thinking about getting a notebook and writing down parts of verses that I feel are profound for me, or ones I have questions about, and study them in detail. I feel this would give me a better undertaining of the Lord's word, and help me retain the verse better.

I'm still learning as I go, when it comes to studying my Bible. I'd love to hear the routine others have when they study their's.

A notebook is good for traveling, but why use it when you have a computer? Word or notebook is a great way to store ideas and scripture. Many times faster and you don't have to worry about where you wrote what .. you have a search function in Word.

I use many tools when studying His word. Here is a link to a few.

Bible Gateway, this allows me to search scripture, copy and paste and use different versions when others use different versions.

Scripture4all allows you to download an interlinear bible where you can see how scripture was written in the original text, including to ability to see what was added to the bible for clarification.

Strongs Concordance and Lexicon allows me to get the very basics on the meaning of a word or phrase, but I take the number and do a deeper search in a complete word study dictionary in either Hebrew or Greek.

Think of studying this way ... a carpenter can build a house with just a saw, ruler, hammer and nails. Yet, a carpenter who has better tools can build a better house and faster.

• Topic Count:  346
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Onelight how do you use Strong's Concordance? How to find meanings to certain words in verses?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Onelight how do you use Strong's Concordance? How to find meanings to certain words in verses?

Strong's is just the tip of the iceberg. I take the number and use it in the complete word study dictionary for both the Old and New Testament.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

A notebook is good for traveling, but why use it when you have a computer? Word or notebook is a great way to store ideas and scripture. Many times faster and you don't have to worry about where you wrote what .. you have a search function in Word.

I use many tools when studying His word. Here is a link to a few.

Bible Gateway, this allows me to search scripture, copy and paste and use different versions when others use different versions.

Scripture4all allows you to download an interlinear bible where you can see how scripture was written in the original text, including to ability to see what was added to the bible for clarification.

Strongs Concordance and Lexicon allows me to get the very basics on the meaning of a word or phrase, but I take the number and do a deeper search in a complete word study dictionary in either Hebrew or Greek.

Think of studying this way ... a carpenter can build a house with just a saw, ruler, hammer and nails. Yet, a carpenter who has better tools can build a better house and faster.

Very wonderful reply, thank you so much for those links. I was actually googling bible study tools online awhile back, but couldn't figure out which ones were the better ones to try. Glad you have experience with these, and shared the links, I will definitely check them out.

• Topic Count:  334
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

I started from the beginning of each testament. I read 4 chapters from the Genesis then 4 chapters from Matthew, etc. Then I write down verses that I don't understand and study them.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

I recommend the Navigators Biblie Study Handbook published by Navpress. it provides examples and exercises for many different types of Bible studies