• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Pastors Will Engage in Civil Disobedience to Protest Inclusion of 'Sexual Orientation' in Hate Crimes Law

by Staff

November 13, 2009

WASHINGTON, (christiansunite.com) -- On Monday, November 16 at 1:30 PM, the Coalition for Faith and Freedom, an ad hoc group of concerned clergy, will rally in front of the Justice Department in Washington, D.C. to test the limits of the expanded federal hate crimes law.

On October 28, President Barack Obama signed into law a measure extending the federal hate crimes statute to include so-called sexual orientation. The ministers believe this will criminalize all criticism of homosexual behavior, including that contained in the Bible.

To test this belief and protest a clear violation of First Amendment freedom of speech and religion, various clergy will preach short sermons and read passages from the Bible regarding homosexual behavior. Like Dr. Martin Luther King and the Sixties Civil Rights movement, they will engage in civil disobedience to protest injustice.

Read the rest here

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

My kind of people! I'll be praying for them at this time.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  3

Pastors Will Engage in Civil Disobedience to Protest Inclusion of 'Sexual Orientation' in Hate Crimes Law

by Staff

November 13, 2009

WASHINGTON, (christiansunite.com) -- On Monday, November 16 at 1:30 PM, the Coalition for Faith and Freedom, an ad hoc group of concerned clergy, will rally in front of the Justice Department in Washington, D.C. to test the limits of the expanded federal hate crimes law.

On October 28, President Barack Obama signed into law a measure extending the federal hate crimes statute to include so-called sexual orientation. The ministers believe this will criminalize all criticism of homosexual behavior, including that contained in the Bible.

To test this belief and protest a clear violation of First Amendment freedom of speech and religion, various clergy will preach short sermons and read passages from the Bible regarding homosexual behavior. Like Dr. Martin Luther King and the Sixties Civil Rights movement, they will engage in civil disobedience to protest injustice.

Read the rest here

This concern is completely unfounded. Nobody will be arrested and prosecuted under hate crimes against gays unless they violently assault a gay person.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

by Staff

November 13, 2009

Read the rest here

This concern is completely unfounded. Nobody will be arrested and prosecuted under hate crimes against gays unless they violently assault a gay person.

Verbally or physically? If I could be there I would!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  3

Verbally or physically? If I could be there I would!

Nothing is made illegal by the bill. In that if someone uses especially firearms, explosives, or weapons in physically assaulting someone because they are gay, additional funding can be given to the prosecution in criminal cases as cases with very involved and complicated motives can often run very high costs for the prosecution.

If someone physically/verbally threatened to assault or kill someone who was gay, that is probably the only other way it might apply, and even then it would have to be a very serious threat/case.

Free speech is not inhibited whatsoever by this bill.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/25/1962

Anyone know how this turned out? I'd be interested in an update?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Anyone know how this turned out? I'd be interested in an update?

I posted it here:

http://www.worthychristianforums.com/Pasto...om-t113340.html