~candice~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

OK I have been avoiding getting on the scales until tonight. I just realised I've put on 20 lbs since I first fell pregnant. 6 months post birth its getting rediculous :laugh:.

Anyone want to encourage me, or diet with me? I've never had to diet before, I was always healthy and trim until now. I feel frumpy and almost embarassed to show myself in public around people because they realise I've "let myself go".

Blah

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  388
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/02/1989

I'm with ya :laugh:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I'm with ya :)

:laugh:

Challenge #1

Don't have a third dinner tonight, LOL.

Challenge #2

Eat a healthy breakfast tomorrow.

Challenge #3

Don't buy something yummy for a "treat" when I go shopping tomorrow.

By this time tomorrow night I'm going to be a bit frantic for sugar :21: . I think the challenge for me is to put effort into cooking my own food for every meal, I'm so lazy :laugh:.

Dear God, convict us of our socially acceptable sin :(. Speak to our hearts and renew our spirit and mind and align us with your ways. May our diet and lifestyle honour You. Help us with our sloth and gluttony. Amen.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Andy - I am sure you have not let 'yourself go'. Be kinder to yourself. It takes between 15 - 18 months for your body to 'get back to normal' post partum. If you are a nursing mother, you need a certain amount of calories.

Drink lots of water. Walk, exercise - push Bean around the park each day. Eat plenty of vegetables and fruit, grill meats and seafood. Take some time for yourself and pamper yourself a little!! Join a 'Mommy & Me' gym program if you can find one -

and remember - you are a beautiful mother with a gorgeous baby!!! :laugh:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.08
  • Days Won:  78

Everything Believer said and then this: If you've only put on 20 lbs. you can change the way you dress a bit and camoflage it until you get back to where you want to be (especially if you're tall!). Clothes make all the difference. If you are carrying a few pounds extra, forget about the body hugging knits and tight jeans. Opt for longer, body skimming clothes instead. Every time I see a heavy woman in low-rise jeans and a tiny knit top I just want to yell at her to 'go buy a mirror!'. Clothes make the woman, andy. That being said, I'm a low carber and don't gain weight until....I start to eat the standard American bread, potato and corn diet. I can gain five lbs. in a month if I'm not careful! I recommend the low carb eating regime to everyone with one caveat.....discuss it with your doctor first! Anyone with high cholesterol or hypertension should be supervised while on this type of diet. :laugh:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

OK I have been avoiding getting on the scales until tonight. I just realised I've put on 20 lbs since I first fell pregnant. 6 months post birth its getting rediculous :laugh:.

i musta gained about 15 pounds in 6 months. :laugh:

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Absolutely!! Good advice, MG!!! There are a lot of ladies out there who are really hurting themselves by trying to dress like a teen diva.... that said - you do not have to dress like your 90 y/o granny either .... there is a happy medium....

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.08
  • Days Won:  78

OK I have been avoiding getting on the scales until tonight. I just realised I've put on 20 lbs since I first fell pregnant. 6 months post birth its getting rediculous :( .

i musta gained about 15 pounds in 6 months. :(

It's because you live in Houston....there's something about this city....! No, seriously, rockstar; have you considered low carbing?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

OK I have been avoiding getting on the scales until tonight. I just realised I've put on 20 lbs since I first fell pregnant. 6 months post birth its getting rediculous :( .

i musta gained about 15 pounds in 6 months. :(

It's because you live in Houston....there's something about this city....! No, seriously, rockstar; have you considered low carbing?

the problem is that I may eat something low-carb but guzzle it down with a large strawberry milkshake.

I am gonna hit the gym again. :(

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

The best diet is this one.

1. Exercise at least 3 times a week for 30 minutes.. could be Monday Wednesday Friday

2. Cut your carb intake by half and replace it with vegitables. The carbs you eat must be whole grain.

I saw a dramatic change in my body after I did this. 26% to 13% body fat in about 3 months/